Find numerous Dietitian/Nutritionists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Ms. Nikita Mitra
Weight Loss Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Treatment of Malnutrition
Treatment of Chronic Fatigue
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Nikita MitraYour feedback matters!
My brother is 10 years old. His height is 138cm and weight 50 kg. Is he overweight? how to help him increase his height and loose is weight and reduce tummy. My parents are not much taller.
Im very thin and im not developing my health, everyone used to say me as patla (thinner. Im maintaining my food regularly but there is no growth development is seen, please suggest some tips, so that I can get good body personality.
How to control diabetes I am 58 years old and using huminsulin 30/70 injection 20 units daily before meal.
How can I COMPLETELY get rid of stretch caused due to rapid weight loss? I lost 20 kg in around 3 months in 2015 and since then I got stretch marks on my arms, biceps, waist, and thighs. I tried Bio Oil on them, it caused stretch marks to fade away to some extent but they are still there. I know stretch marks are harmless and no cream can completely remove them but I want to get rid of those horrible marks at any cost. So will surgery completely remove them? Or should I try laser treatment first?
I think my physical fitness is normal except my running stamina, now I feel pain in my leg muscle for just half or one kilometre. Is there any calcium deficiency or any cause?
I am 29 years old male and I am skinny guy I want to gain weight so please help me or prescribe the important steroids as I tried alot frm market not help me out.
What is nasal pholips? how immunity and strength can be increased? my nephew is 10 years old, for past 5 years he quite often suffers from cold and cough continued with fever. Even a glass of cold water, results in tonsils and cold with fever. 1-2 hours of outdoor play makes him dull, he feels weekness and thus falls ill. Exertion results in illness. What may be the cause and cure for the same.
I am 21 years old female, I am addicted to eating papers while i am studying. Is There any problem in my future?
Doctor has prescribed me vitamin b12 (neurobion forte) injections. It's a known fact that vitamin b12 injection causes acne and I have been suffering as well. I want to know vitamin b12 cause acne on its own on a clear skin or does it help pop preexisting acne? After the course of injections is done, how much time minimum will it take for the acne to clear.
How to build body without eating supplements an without joining gym? What to do when having a fever in the body? And what to do when we doing too much workout?
I am nearly 21 years old and my height is 5'8" but sadly my weight is not just 55 kg. How can I gain my weight and a accurate body?
I want to reduce wight but naturally or more precisely through diet only, please suggest balance diet chart if possible. I am a strict vegetarian live in delhi.
My age is 33 and My Diabetic reports says Fasting 190 and after food taking 323, HBICA is 9.1 I am doing some gym exercise on regular basis 15 min for my body fitness, even though Diabetic level had not come down. I am going weekly twice morning walking 45 Min, but I have not taking the medicine last 6 months. 3 months before my HBICA level was 5.5. I taking food normally without Junk food, Cool drinks and I am clean habit person. Please advice any possibilities to live without medicine?
i am 60 male and weighs 100 kgs. and 5' 8''. more weight on tummy, want to reduce minimum 30 kgs....please suggest home remidies as well
In which type of diabetes, body shakes when hungry? How to know that which type of diabetes my mother has ?type 1or type 2.
Hi sir, I'm 25 years old but looks very lean 52 is my weight. Despite I take food could see no progress in my weight. Request you suggest me how can I put weight? Thanks in advance. Thanks, Suresh A.
Present my problem is getting belly stomach day by day. What types of exercise can helps to loss fat? Any natural way? please tell me proper information. Thankyou.
Bariatric surgery refers to a host of surgical procedures that help a person suffering from obesity to lose weight. Various methods are used to achieve the desired results, often times using the help of a gastric band to decrease the size of the stomach or surgically removing a small portion of the stomach.
Notwithstanding the result, bariatric surgery like any other surgery, involves certain risks. Some of them are:
- Uncontrolled bleeding: One of the most common risks that any surgery entails is that of excessive or uncontrolled bleeding. If this condition persists, they often times lead to death.
- Infection: Though infections seemingly appear easily preventable and easy to deal with, they often snowball into fatalistic danger to the point of no recovery.
- Side-effects of anesthesia: Administering a general anesthesia before performing any surgery is a common practice. However sometimes it may yield certain unforeseen consequences.
- Clotting of blood: Quite similar to excessive bleeding, even clotting of blood presents an equally if not more hazardous situation. Though sometimes timely intervention of medications resolves the situation, often it aggravates into a grievous cause of concern.
- Hypoglycemia; Hypoglycemia refers to the condition when there is a deficiency or the lack of glucose in the blood. Though this is a side-effect of bariatric surgery, it does not appear immediately but rather surfaces many years after the operation was performed.
- Emotional disorder: Along with physical ailments, post bariatric surgery may also affect you emotionally. Post-bariatric surgery may sometimes lead to emotional and behavioral disorders in you and sudden, incomprehensible mood swings.
- Death: Though rare, one cannot negate the possibility of death as a plausible risk of bariatric surgery.