Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MradulaYour feedback matters!
I am 24 yrs old girl working in an it firm. I am having backpain and chest pain. Also my hair fall has increased from last few days. What should I do?
Something touches your skin, and your immune system thinks it's under attack. It overreacts and sends antibodies to help fight the invader, called an allergen. The result is a red, itchy rash where the substance landed.
It is called Contact Dermatitis. There are two types:
- Irritant contact dermatitis is caused by chemicals like harsh cleaners.
- Allergic contact dermatitis is just like it sounds -- your body reacts to an allergy trigger.
People who have allergies react to things that wouldn't bother most others.Anything from plants to dyes and fragrances found in everyday products might be allergens.
You could also have an allergic reaction to something in the air that settles on your skin, like pollen, chemical sprays, powders, fibers, or cigarette smoke. This is called airborne contact dermatitis, and it mostly happens on eyelids, head, and neck. Skin allergies can also cause hives and swelling deep in your skin, called angioedema.
Hi. I had used betnovate c on my mother's advice. That too for a long time. Now some parts of my face have become unevenly dark like that in between my eyes and ear. Can you suggest me some tips to get rid of them.
A dermatologist is a medical professional who is trained to treat disorders pertaining to skin, hair and nails and genital diseases. Reddened skin, irritation, abnormal patches, blemishes on the skin etc. are the conditions affecting most people at some point of their lives. Hair loss, irritation on the scalp, dandruff, brittle nails are common as well and it is important to see a dermatologist if such conditions persist to prevent any major issue and for the overall well-being of an individual. Here are some very common reasons that drive people to visit their dermatologist.
1. Acne - Acne is the most common skin woe among teenagers and it affects adults as well. Although people tend to self- medicate or use home remedies for treating acne, it is important to recognize its cause. If acne is one's constant reason of embarrassment, it's time to see a professional and get some customized medication.
2. Sun spots or mole - Overexposure to the sun can cause varied skin conditions among which sunspots and sunburns are most commonly seen. If the exposed area develops irritation and red patches, one should seek professional help. An early examination can detect adverse issues like skin cancer. Moles are also very common, some people have moles since birth, and some develop new ones later in life. It is a cause of concern if the mole changes size, color or if it bleeds scabs or pains.
3. Eczema - Eczema is a broad term used to describe certain chronic conditions of the skin. Eczema causes the skin to become red, itchy, dry and swollen. It leads to great discomfort and distress often ruining one's sleep and mental peace. Atopic Dermatitis is a most common form of Eczema usually seen in children. Proper treatment can cause it to subside. If you observe any symptoms of eczema, a visit to the dermatologist is a must.
4. Patches of skin lighter or darker than the normal skin tone - Often some areas of the skin change color and they are not always the result of sun exposure because sometimes the skin can also become lighter. These may be symptoms serious diseases like leprosy or even cutaneous lymphoma, a kind of cancer or a disorder in the connective tissue. A thorough examination will reveal its cause and treatment can be opted for, which will require a visit to a dermatologist.
5. Hair loss - Hair loss may be due to various reasons and a dermatologist is best to treat it.
6. Psoriasis - It is an autoimmune skin disease which causes red scaly rashes on the body. It is important to diagnose and treat it effectively and one should visit a dermatologist for the same.
7. Nail problems - Apart from fungal infection, there are many other conditions which affect nails and the only dermatologist can identify it. So if you have any issues related to nail, consult a dermatologist.
8. Sexually Transmitted Diseases - Unprotected sexual intercourse can predispose one to many sexually transmitted diseases apart from HIV, for example, genital herpes, molluscum, genital warts etc and a dermatologist is well trained for diagnosis and treatment of the same.
Related Tip: Best Summer Hair Care Regimen for Lifeless Hair?