Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Merin LizaYour feedback matters!
inspite regular cleaning of teeth, my gums are bleeding. 5 days back deep cleaning is also done. Now problem is enhanced. Even I gargle with plain water, it gives red colored water. I use soft sensitive brush twice a day. I use colgate total or vico vajradanti tooth paste. If I give light massage on gums, it bleeds more. I used Gummex or other such liquid also as suggested by dentist. I have used anti biotic CIP Tz500 and Flotrip Forte once. Improved a bit but after deep cleaning, bleeding has become more prominent. From today, I am going to start floss also particularly in the area where I see little swelled up gums. Please advise now what is your suggestion in the matter. Thanks Regards.
Hi Doctor, My problem is in my mouth weekly two times lasers are formed and very painful and how to take precautions to this problem.
Advanced water flossing is the most advanced oral cleaning system which in the most efficient,non-invasive manner provides total,deep cleaning for your gums and teeth.The treatment provides:
Advanced Protection Against Bacteria
- Removes Bacteria And Plaque From In Between Teeth And Gum Line More Effectively Than Traditional Floss.
- Provides Advance Protection Against Germs.
Improves Gum Health
- Massages And Stimulates Gums.
- Improves Blood Circulation To Gums Which Helps In Strengthening Them.
- Clinically Proven To Be 3X More Effective For Removal Of Plaque Around Braces, Bridges & Dental Implants.
- More Effective Than Manual Dental Floss In Reaching And Cleaning Narrow Spaces In The Mouth.
Mai tooth is paining from last 2 months bt in between the got stopped due to temporary medicines bt now I can't control the pain the tooth has become black what should I do plzzz suggest me.
Do whitening toothpastes whiten teeth more than regular toothpastes and is it safe to microwave food in food plastic containers?
When a small cavity isn't treated in time, the tooth decays badly that normal filling cannot solve the problem. In such cases, your dentist will probably advise you to undergo, a root canal. When performing a root canal, the dentist will remove the nerves and pulp within the tooth, clean the inside of the tooth and seal it. After this procedure your tooth will not sense anything and should be pain free.
However, in some cases you may still experience pain after root canal and there are four main causes of this pain:
- Swelling of ligament around the tooth: One of the signs that you need a root canal is swelling of the gums. Even after the nerves and pulp within the tooth are removed, the ligaments around the infected tooth may still be swollen. This can take some time before the tissue is normal again. In most cases this is the cause for pain after a root canal procedure.
- Damaged tissue: Part of the root canal procedure is to clean the insides of the tooth. Here the dentist must be very careful to not go beyond the tooth. In some cases the file used to clean the tooth may go beyond the root and damage the tissue there. Another possibility is that the sealant used to fill the tooth may go beyond the root, thus aggravating the tissue. This can take some time to heal and may cause pain.
- Excess filling: After the tooth has been cleaned, the dentist fills the tooth with a sealant. If excessive sealant is filled in the tooth, it may become taller than the surrounding teeth, which puts extra pressure on the tooth and results in soreness and pain. The dentist will have to remove the excess sealant in order to resolve this issue.
- Phantom pain: Phantom pain is rare when it comes to root canal. This occurs when the nerve leading up to the tooth still behaves like it were connected to the tooth despite the nerve within the tooth being completely removed. The peripheral nerves will need to be treated to resolve this issue.
In most cases, these events cannot be prevented. There is also no reason to expect that this is a symptom of your root canal being a failure. Stay in touch with your dentist and brush and floss your teeth regularly. You will soon notice the pain subsiding.