Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Meenakshi BharathYour feedback matters!
STDs can be said to be the main down side to what is globally known as the most widely appreciated pastime. Yes, your read that right, as they can also be quite rampant. For example, by the age of twenty five, about half of all sexually active adults would have been the victim of at least one STD. Therefore, one should be aware of the risks and take precautions while indulging in sexual activities.
A lot of people are of the opinion that only an actual act of sex can lead to an infection by an STD. However, this is really not true as any sexual activity which features any or all of the mouth, penis, vagina and the anus has the potential to lead to an infection by an STD.
What doesn’t feel right?
- STDs come in all sorts of ways. Some of them are curable and can be successfully treated while others just have to be managed. One of the symptoms to keep an eye out for includes a swelling or redness in the region around the penis or the vagina. Also, if a person experiences a lot of pain during urination, it is a very good idea to get checked for an STD.
- The symptoms of an STD are basically that not everything feels okay. Apart from the symptoms which have been mentioned, others which also exist and serve as a warning sign are a severe itching, which is experienced in the genital region and a discharge from the penis or vagina. In addition to this, unexplained weight loss along with skin rashes and bumps, sores or warts around the mouth, or the genital regions are also fairly good signs that an STD has been contracted.
Road to recovery
- If a person suspects that he or she may have an STD, it is very important to consult a doctor as delaying in doing so can harm other parts of one’s body, and at times permanently.
- When it comes to the treatment of an STD, an antibiotic course of treatment is usually the way to go. It is important that the course of medication which is followed is specifically for that person as using another person’s medicine course can backfire.
- The best way to practically avoid contracting an STD is to practice safe sex. Sex is something which is supposed to be fun and satisfying. Keeping a few things in mind, the fun can be almost unbridled. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Hello sir/mam, I am not getting my periods on right time, in this months it's late by 7 days, I am very worried about this, sometimes it gets on 7 days before from previous date and sometimes late from previous date and this time my period is too late, what should I do, please suggest me.
In the world of medicines, homeopathy has always been majorly on top of the preference list of many doctors. Although allopathic treatments are followed extensively to tackle illnesses, homeopathic treatments have also gained a significant position in the kingdom of medical therapy. Homeopathy caters to almost all illnesses featuring varied intensities. It basically follows the belief that any element that can create certain symptoms in the human body can cure the same in an ailing body. However, the levels of treatment differ from body to body.
When platelets begin to detour….
Human body at times suffers from various kinds of ailments, which hit them either predictably or unpredictably. In such cases, the first treating thought that would come to mind is the allopathic measure. However, not all allopathic treatments would ensure the same healing result as homeopathy would do. Thrombocytopenia is one such dreaded medical condition that drastically lowers the blood platelets than the normal required amount. It is believed that when blood platelets are present in the required numbers in the body, these control bleeding in case of any blood vessel damage. But Thrombocytopenia pulls the platelet counts in the body, thus hampering their efforts to combat bleeding conditions.
Homeopathic weapons to the rescue...
In such scary medical conditions, homeopathy comes along as a savior in increasing blood platelets to a sufficient amount. Homeopathy, however, is always regarded as a slow procedure. But as they say slow and steady efforts never go in vain. Similarly, homeopathic treatments assure long lasting and permanent results of cure by reviving wellness and fitness. In the case of Thrombocytopenia, homeopathy starts its treating procedures at the initial stage itself. With this early stage of treatment, the medical condition is nipped in the bud and does not aggravate further. The homeopathic medicines that are generally put into action are Crot.H, Lachesis, Merc.Sol, Chin.Sulph, Phosphorus and many more adding to the extensive list. These medications are subscribed over a period of time depending upon the condition of the patient. Simultaneously there are certain laboratory tests that are conducted from time to time to keep the progress of the patient in check.
Thus it can be said that homeopathic treatment never fails a person’s hope and faith in getting cured from ailments. Procedures may vary from the usual conventional way, but the effects are a guarantee of longevity and sustainability of cured health and a new living.
Ayurvedic tips are on the idea of balance in bodily systems uses diet, herbs, ayurvedic treatment yogic breathing practices providing holistic approach to balancing the hormones simple technics allow balancing of the hormones reclaiming health.
1) if your hormones are disturbed, you need to get enough sleep. This is because limited sleep is connected to hormonal imbalance related disorders.
2) pranayam stimulates pituitary gland its secretions.
3) ayurvedic medicines not only helps to decrease the stress hormones, aids in reliving psycho- somatic dispairty & also aids the body to function more effectively.
4) every diet should include antioxidant rich fruits, vegetables, nuts seeds as these help to strengthen the endocrine system also terminate the effects of free radicals in the body.
5) consumption of organic food with plenty of water is essential is highly helpful in preventing hormonal imbalance.
6) herbs like ashwagandha, shatavari, turmeric, ginseng, Etc. Helps in balancing both male and female hormones. Shatavari most important restorative regenerative tonic herbs for women.
7) regular practice of pranayam helps to stimulate the vital hormonal secretions throughout the endocrine system, thereby balancing all vital functions, including sexual potency fertility.