Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. MeenaYour feedback matters!
Back pain is a common source of pain, which can be acute, subacute or chronic in nature. Back pain is classified along the segments of the spine and can be divided into neck pain, middle back pain, lower-back pain or tailbone pain.
Lower back pain is a type of back pain, which affects the lower back portion of the body. It may occur from arthritis or due to sudden jerking during movement. Lower-back pain may cause serious discomfort and aching and may disable a person from moving about. It should be treated and cared for properly.
Here are several treatments and care procedures for lower-back pain:
- Take some rest: Most people who get lower-back pain get obsessed with it and end up getting MRI scans, x-rays done and take injections without recognizing the intensity of the pain. It is advised not to rush into the matter. A simple way to cure the pain is by resting. 90% of lower back pains resolve by themselves in 6 weeks and so you must give your back a break instead of taking medical action and give your back some to heal.
- Pills: Sometimes, a lower back pain can suddenly become severe. In this case, you should intake anti-inflammatory pills such as ibuprofen or naproxen. These pills will help you ease the pain. However, you should not take them for more than ten days at a stretch as continuous pill consumption can cause side effects.
- Hot & cold compress: Apply a bag of frozen peas or an ice pack to the affected area in your lower back for 48 hours after the pain appears. Every session should be about of 20 minutes and you should take several sessions each day. After two days, repeat the same procedure using a heat pad. The cooling procedure shuts down your blood capillaries, reducing the flow of blood to the affected area. The swelling is then eased. The heating, on the other hand, loosens tight muscles and helps to increase blood circulation.
- Replace your mattress: People who sleep on firm mattresses and cushions on their beds are at a higher risk of experiencing lower-back pain. If you sleep on a medium-firm mattress, your chances of getting lower-back pain are less. In case your mattress is sagging or is very old, you should replace it.
- Acupuncture: When your lower-back pain is very severe, you can take acupuncture injections, which provide efficient pain relief. The injections change the way your nerves react and inflammation gets reduced.
Lower-back pain is likely to cause great discomfort and trouble. You will be unable to carry out your daily chores because of the pain. Therefore, proper treatment and care are required for lower-back pain.
Does eating chicken will cause any problems in conceive. Eg. Grill, charcoal chicken weekly twice. Please give a solution.
Dear Doctor, My wife height is 5'1 and her weight is 73 and her age is 27 it's been 20 months we have married, from last 5 months we are planning to have baby but it is not happening. My wife periods only last for 3 days which is happening from last 7 years. Can you please let us know what steps or actions needs to be taken to make her conceive. Generally I am having intercourse with her after her 4th day of period that is month of 13 date for 3 days and later having intercourse before 4 days that is 10th date of next month till her periods strtsnot sure where we are missing. Kindly suggest an option to conceive Thanks in Advance
Sir, my left breast started paining yesterday, I pressed it hard by myself thinking pain will stop but it has increased. There is NO swelling, NO lumps & redness in breast. My periods are also a week far. I'm in pain sir. Please look into this & help me as soon as possible.
I had sex with my girl friend yesterday I want to ask if precums don't get her pregnant because I had ejaculated outside but what about precums. I want to ask if she can get pregnant from my precums or are there any risk?
Ayurveda recognises how each individual is different and that food intake must vary for each person. Ayurveda in total has identified six taste groups i.e sour, sweet, pungent, salty, astringent and bitter. All these taste groups have health benefits. The inclusion of all of these six tastes gives you satisfaction and provides nourishment and choosing one food group over the other may lead to health issues. A lot of people falter when it comes to eat right and overdo fast food. Eating bitter and pungent foods helps in reducing sugar cravings.
An overall view
The doshas can also be affected by the six tastes. Doshas can increase or decrease depending on the kind of food intake. They fluctuate depending on the laws of attraction. Predominance of ‘kapha’ leads to more accumulation of the same. ‘Vata’ gets pacified by salty, sour and sweet foods. Bitter, sweet and pungent foods reduce 'pitta'. ‘Kapha’ gets reduced by bitter, astringent and pungent foods.
Warm and heavily cooked foods are soothing for ‘vata’ type. Sweeteners, fatty or oily food help ‘vata’. Wheat and rice work wonders for ‘vata’. Vegetables, juicy fruits and cream are good for ‘vata’ as well. However, spicy and hot foods should be avoided.
Pitta is fiery; hence hot foods should be avoided. Cool foods assist digestion. Oil, salt and fat should be taken in small quantities. Ripe and sweet fruits and most vegetables help pacify pitta. Dairy products (except sour ones) are OK in moderation. Mint and coriander cool pitta. Pomegranate, rice and coconuts bring down pitta as well.
Kapha needs warming up and should be stimulated. Dry, warm and light foods lower kapha. Less oil and fat should be used. Barley, rye and buckwheat are grains that are ideal for kapha and so are cranberries and apples. Salt should be minimal for kapha types. Non-fat or low fat milk is ok, but cultured dairy should be abstained from.
Ama, a toxic substance, is believed to form once there is incomplete digestion. You should drink plenty of water at room temperature or warm water to prevent the formation of ‘ama’. Eating what sets your tongue on fire is also healthy for your body.
Here are some tips you can use or suggest to your loved ones to overcome failure, loss or rejection and regain their normal living:
1. Make yourself remember your goals in life: you may have faced a break-up or job loss, but there are other priorities in life too like your parent’s happiness, you friend’s happiness, your career and they don’t deserve your ignorance or your ill behaviour.
2. Failure is not the end of the world: Remember failures and losses too help us to grow and understand life in a better way.
3. Try to spend more time with your family and friends. During a relationship, we reduce the time we used to spend with our parents and friends. Post breakups make up for the past loss.
4. Don’t shy away to consult an expert: if you find your sadness getting uncontrollable and it's not stopping, no matter what you try or do, then consult an expert immediately. Counselling always helps you to get back in your life.