Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MeenaYour feedback matters!
Hello, I am 27 years old married women. I have problem of white discharge. It gets smell and sticky. I used vygene but it controls only 1 to 2 days ,whenever I stop to use vygene again that will continue. Due to this, my health gets weak. Give such suggestions to cure.
My age is 23. Height is 5.10 weight is 56kgs. I have a list of health issues. To begin with, I eat outside food and fall ill. May be cant get clear motion, or get stomach ache. I do not put on weight easily. I want to put on weight. At night get acidity and gas problem at tyms. Next I have recently bruised my knee internally. I am a choreographer and surely dis has hand coz of dance. I hav taken lots of medicines for it. Feeling little better though. But still cant do steps which need to sit. Coz of dis issue doctor has told me not to put on weight. The other is I hav regular periods, but used to have terrible pain n health on frst day of periods. Took lots of medicines fr dis frm various doctors since years. Sum how it has decreased now. Since last 4months I get lesser pain n trouble. Doctors say its may be bcoz of sexual relations with your husband. Now the thing is I have experienced herpes in my vaginal area in 2011 and also in 2012. I hav had sexual intercourse only wid my husband. Have got minor vaginal infections many times after this. My vagina doesnt open immediately. It requires some foreplay or wetness. On top of that during the intercourse I get little pain at times. After I am done with the act, my vagina opening swells and turns red. Then for next 3days I cant have sex. Last week I went to the gynaec, and she has given me a gel to apply before intercourse. I havent has sex after meeting her, coz she found out infection again in my vagina and has given me lots of tablets to take orally and also put in my vagina. She has also given me placentrex gel to put it. I really wana know wats wrong with my vagina. I am not enjoying my sex life. My husband too surely isnt, but never says a word n always supports. Rushes me to the doctor and spends like anything. These medicines and doctors fees literally kill us. I also wish to conceive in coming months. But get to hear taunts from my family that I am too weak and keep falling sick all the time. And wont be able to conceive and produce a child. I eat alot and gud food. Small meals every 2-3hours. Exercise, dance. Drink lots of water. Have limited fast foods. Get sleep for 6-7hours. Still less immunity. I know this is like an essay to read. But I really require help. Thank you so much to whoever will reply. God bless.
There is a widespread debate about the healthiness and nutritional value of non-vegetarian food. While the advocates of both the segments cheer their own cuisines, science has a completely different standpoint. Some of the common apprehensions of consuming non-vegetarian dishes include the occurrence of deadly diseases such as diabetes, cancer, obesity,, high blood pressure, renal diseases to name a few. This being said, there is no concrete evidence of any co-relation between non-vegetarian food and complicated diseases. As a matter of fact, non-vegetarian diet has numerous nutritional benefits.
- High source of nutrition: Non-vegetarian dishes, such as meat has high protein content and is enriched with vital amino acids. While protein is the building block of the body, amino acids ensure that the body is safeguarded from common ailments and strengthen the immune system.
- Rich iron content: Iron is a key component of the hemoglobin and the human body requires it in adequate quantities for normal functioning of the system. Red meat, soup and bone marrow, for instance, is a rich source of iron. It helps the body to safeguard itself against critical diseases such as anemia.
- The vital creatinine: Meat contains a vital component called creatinine that helps the body to build muscle. A study (Brown, 2008) revealed that most vegetarian infants portray stalled growth due to creatinine deficiency.
- Good source of B12: Vitamin B12 is an important constituent that the body requires for normal functioning. Lack of this vitamin causes Macrocytic Anemia. Infant of a vegetarian mother is often witnessed to be suffering from Anemia due to lack of B12.
- Easy phosphorus availability: Vegetarian dishes contain phytic acid which needs to be converted to phosphorus by complex chemical reactions. In sharp contrast, non-vegetarian meals have ready to absorb phosphorous content.
- Vitamin A and calcium availability: Fish has vitamin A that accounts for human intelligence and formation of memory. It also helps the body with calcium content for stronger teeth and bone formation. While calcium is available in vegetarian diets, the concentration of calcium is way more in fish and other non-vegetarian sources.
- Other mineral constituents: Non vegetarian diet contains some key minerals such as zinc, riboflavin, amino acid, lysine etc. These minerals are required by the body in adequate portions in order to avoid energy deficiencies. Some fishes contain a critical component called omega 3 acids which is required by the body for sound mental and physical health.
Non-vegetarian dishes, therefore, are definitely healthy and are consumed by millions of people across the world. While there are many advantages of non-veg food, too much consumption of red meat might lead to complicated diseases. It is, therefore, essential to maintain a balanced diet for the body to function well.
Unwanted pregnency se bachne k liye konsi medicine use karna behtar hai. Abhi 20 hours huwe hain. Age 16 complete h. Ya isse bachne ka koi or bhi rasta hai?!
I am in 5 month pregnancy during this time I have pain in passing urine area should I have to be worried.
Hello Dr. I have low lying placenta which was detected in week 14 of pregnancy. What are the chances of it's movement to upward direction due to utreas growth and by which week? Faced 3 times vaginal bleeding due to this & I am very scared although I am taking proper bed rest.
Dear Dr, I'm 32 years old female. I completed my 3 months pregnancy in 2nd of March. But still mere weakness and vomiting Mai koi improvement nahi aaya hai. Mera 5 kg weight loss Hua hai in months Mai. Please advice me ki koi problem toh nahi hai baby ke growth mai. Mujhe bhook bhi nahi lagti hai. Please help me.
Morning after pill is an emergency form of contraception. It is a type of birth control which can prevent unwanted pregnancy which is a potential risk after unprotected sexual intercourse. The typical name, “morning after pill”, is on account of the fact that it is usually taken on the morning after you have had unprotected sex the earlier night.
How does it work?
It primarily works by inhibiting or delaying ovulation. It does not cause abortion, but merely stops ovulation temporarily and thus, prevents fertilization of the egg with the sperm. It is required to be taken within 72 hours or 3 days after having unsafe sex for it to work effectively, but the sooner you take it, the better it is.
Risks associated with the Morning after Pill
Although the prospect of using this pill seems very useful and handy, there are risks associated with it as well.
It has temporary side effects such as nausea, headache, dizziness, lower abdominal pain or cramps.
It is not a reliable form of birth control like condoms, copper-Ts or IUDs as you might still get pregnant.
It can lead to bleeding between your periods or heavy menstrual bleeding can be experienced. It can even make your menstrual cycle irregular.
In serious cases, it can even lead to cerebral haemorrhage (bleeding inside the brain) and cerebral thrombosis (formation of clots in the brain).
It does not protect you from any sort of STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) or STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection).
It can even lead to hormonal imbalances if taken on a regular basis as it can interfere with your regular estrogen and progesterone levels.
If taken multiple times, it can even affect your fertility in the future as it can alter the pH levels of your uterus.
- It is an emergency contraceptive and not recommended for routine use.