Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manonmani
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. ManonmaniYour feedback matters!
I am 6 month pregnant. .i want to do 3d scanning .but In which this scanning should be done, And I want to know what all benefits of this 3d scanning?
It is likely for you to experience false labour pain or false contractions before the beginning of true labour during pregnancy. This is called Braxton Hicks contractions, and it is the way of telling the body to get ready for the real labour pain on the day of giving birth. However, these false contractions do not indicate that the labour has started or will begin shortly.
How do false labour contractions feel like?
Women may get a tightening feeling in their abdomen, which comes and goes away, due to Braxton Hicks or false labor contractions. These false contractions may feel like menstrual cramps. These contractions are unlike true labour and usually do not cause pain. They do not occur regularly and do not get closer together. They do not last for very long or get worse with time. These false contractions may be felt during the second or third trimester of pregnancy.
The difference between Braxton Hicks and true labor contractions
There are several differences between true labor pain and false labour contractions. These are as follows:
- Comparing how often these contractions occur allows us to differentiate between true labour pains and false contractions. False labour contractions are irregular while true contractions occur at regular intervals. They last for over a minute, and they get stronger and closer with the passage of time.
- The change in these contractions are based on your movement, which allows us to differentiate between the two types. False labour contractions may end when you take a walk or rest, and stop when you change your position. In case of true labour pains, the contractions keep on continuing irrespective of any kind of movement or change in position. They do not stop even when you take some rest.
- The strength of true labour pain and false contractions is different. False labor contractions are weak in general and there are less chances of them getting worse. They are stronger in the beginning and gradually weaken. However, true labour contractions get increasingly stronger with time.
- We can differentiate between the two types of contractions on the basis of the areas which are affected with pain. False labour contractions only cause slight pain in the front part of the abdomen and the pelvis. True labour pain is much more intensive in nature. They usually begin from the lower back and move to the front abdomen region. They may start in the abdomen and move back as well.
If you are not sure and cannot differentiate between true labour pains and Braxton Hicks contractions, it is essential for you to consult a gynaecologist. A doctor will be able to identify the true nature of the contractions.
My friend missed her two months period. She checked with the pregnancy kit test twice but it appears negative. What should she do now?
I had sex in past few years occasionally so I want to know my vagina tightness loose will know my husband.
I am 24 years old female and m married from past 2 years want to get pregnant but my follicles r not growing they grow only till 10 mm so can suggest what is the process for the growth of it? Any medication or something to treat it? please hlp.
Human sexuality is a complex subject and most knowledge floating around in the world is often misguided by myths and wrong assumptions. One of the things, which worry men the most is their size of their penis, and information about this subject is often fraught with misinformation. Let's take a look at some of the facts that have been published in scientific medical journals within the medical community and come from legitimate sources.
The average penis size:
Studies done around the world, irrespective of race has shown that the average size of the human penis is about 3 to 5 inches flaccid and 5 to 7 inches erect. There are deviations to this as well, but this is the norm in over 90 percent of the cases. Medically a penis is only considered small if it is less than three inches in size when erect. This is a condition known as a micropenis. Penises tend to fall into two categories as far as erect sizes:
I. Growers: The ones who have a flaccid smaller length but tend to grow much more proportionately and thus have a much larger size after erection.
II. Showers: These are men who have larger flaccid sizes but don't grow proportionately as much after achieving an erection.
If you have an erect penis which is 5 to 7 inches long, then you have a normal penis as do most of other men. Most women have stated that they were happy with the partner's size, but what mattered to them more was how it was used. Also some women reported that the girth of the penis was more important as friction on the side walls of the vagina made them feel more pleasure.
The mechanics of sex:
Although there are some women who may like the visual appeal of a bigger penis, most women can't really tell the difference between a 5 inch and a 7 inch penis when it is inside the vagina. The fascination with a bigger size is mostly cultural, social or hyped up by the media. Most women want a variety of sex acts to help them reach orgasm and very rarely reach orgasm only through penetrative sex. Size only matters to an extent if the penis is much below average, but in most cases what matters is the capability of the person to satisfy their partners through other means as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
I have been suffering from fungal infection near my private parts from the past one year and I have consulted many doctors during this period but no one seems to get the nerve of this disease. What should I do now?
I got married before 6 months now a days I didn't get any pregnancy. Daily we are doing sex except period times. After sex that spam will come out in a few minutes. If that come means I am not able to get pregnant. Please tell me.
Aged 21 two years back I love my Junior and having sexual relationship with her. Due to this she got pregnant but her parents not allowed our relationship and done medical abortion to her. After few months she got arranged marriage with another person aged 32, she is only 18 at that time and living in Bangalore. But she is not happy with him because of he is impotent and can't satisfied her. Hence he is allowed some of his friends to sex with her, by using sleeping tablets. Now she is having 2 months baby by sex with her husband's friend and got divorced her husband. Now I'm living together with her past 15 days. Whether she may affect STD? What is check up we need to do STD with her? Pls clarify?
1) rocking immune system: regular sex ensures higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders.
2) lowers blood pressure: one landmark study found that sexual intercourse specifically (not masturbation) lowered systolic blood pressure.
3) great exercise: sex is a really great form of exercise. It is a muscular exercise that burns calories and increases your heart rate.
4) lowers heart attack risk: great sex life is good for your heart. It not just raises your heart rate, sex helps keep your estrogen and testosterone levels in balance.
5) reduces pain: getting an orgasm can block pain. Vaginal stimulation can block chronic back and leg pain, and can reduce menstrual cramps, arthritic pain, and in some cases even headache.
6) improves sleep: people usually dose of quickly after sex and tend to get a sound sleep.
7) relieves stress: sexual arousal releases a brain chemical that revs up your brain's pleasure and reward system. Sex and intimacy relieve you of stress and boost your self-esteem and happiness too.
8) reduces risk of prostate cancer: a study, published in the journal of the american medical association revealed that men who ejaculated frequently (at least 21 times a month) were less likely to get prostate cancer.
9) helps women's bladder control: incontinence, a problem that affects about 30% of women at some point in their lives is helped with a regular sex. Good sex is like a workout for their pelvic floor muscles. An orgasm causes contractions in those muscles thus strengthening them.
Burning sensation in vaginal outer area, itching and fluid discharge. If touched blood also come. What it is? What to do?
Dear Doctor, It has been 3.6 year to our marriage and we are trying for a baby since last two year and from last eight month we are consulting with Gyno, in our initial test my wife is diagnosed with hypothyroid (TSH Level 5.255) so our doctor prescribed us Thyronorm 12.5 mgc. Again after 3 month we did TSH test and this time TSH level has been decreased to 4.861. Meanwhile she asked us for several test which includes: Semen Analysis, follicular studies and HSG however she never asked for FSG test. Each of these test are normal. After 6 month we again did TSH test and this time TSH level has been increased to 7.442. After that, I have taken consultation from other doctor and she asked us to do AMH and TB Gold test. Here my concern is no one is giving importance to TSH level and asking for different test however as per my research TSH level should be in 1 to 2 range to get pregnant successfully. So, isn't doctor should focus on thyroid treatment before going for other test. It would be very helpful for us if you can provide us your valuable comments on this. Also could you please suggest correct does of Thyronorm.
I am having twin pregnancy one 7 weeks with heartbeat and other 5 weeks with no heartbeat suddenly passing some tiny blood pieces. Pls suggest having medicine ecosprin, trexane, and susten sr 200.
I am 19 years old and I am a female I hve irregular periods and lot of white discharge. I consulted doctor she said dat im not getting periods just coz of my weight. I also consulted other doctors they said dat im not over weighed. What shal I do.
We r trying to conceive bt my periods come early n first two days one spot is noted after two days I get regular bleeding what date to I consider for periods for eg I got my period on 28 only one spot noted n 30 I got regular bleeding I can't get date for ovulation? please help?
My gf sex on 4th of nov and take unwanted 72 on 7th of nov nd then she bleed nonstop on 13 of nov only for 1 day and today is 4th od dec nd she don't get periods is she pregnant or not please tell me I am so afraid and if she is not pregnant when she have her periods.
Mam how can we know that how she is pregnant? We had first oral sex than we tried loosing virginity But we had not yet a had only applied saliva on penis.
Bad breath, also known as halitosis medically, is a much bigger problem than just being a cause for social embarrassment. It could be a symptom of an underlying disorder in your body which when corrected, will result in bad breath being resolved as well. However, in most cases, halitosis or bad breath occurs due to gum and teeth problems or due to life style habits such as a bad diet. Ayurveda has cure for both the problems and offers specialized treatment as well as home remedies.
Some general tips to fight bad breath
Bad breath may occur due to a combination of bad diet or digestive problems as well as oral hygiene issues. Some of the common things to follow, which will reduce your bad breath, especially concerning oral hygiene, are mentioned below
1. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal as it helps clean food particles which may contribute to bad breath
2. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Dryness of the mouth can often cause bad breath
3. Brush your teeth, preferably at least twice daily and clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth
4. Avoid alcohol, smoking and excessive consumption of caffeine products
5. Use natural breath fresheners such as mint leaves and parsley
6. Don’t use breath mints, mouth fresheners or mouthwashes which have alcohol in them as they may further dry up your mouth, causing bad breath
7. Try and include more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as these will keep you hydrated and supply you with the necessary nutrients to keep your digestive system functional and thus reduce bad breath.
Ayurveda for bad breath
Some of the home remedies as well as specialized Ayurvedic medications that can effectively combat bad breath are mentioned below. However, if you have a persistent problem, it is best to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner who can help you with tailor made combinations specifically suited to your problem.
- Fenugreek or ‘methi’ and tea leaves: Methi is known to have many medicinal properties in Ayurveda. Boil methi leaves into a cup of tea and drink it once a day to see quick and lasting results.
- Cardamom seeds: This is a quick and effective remedy for bad breath, especially for social occasions. Chew on a few cardamom seeds after a smelly meal and it can definitely take care of your bad breath temporarily.
- Honey ginger and lemon combo: If your body has more ‘Kapha’ based symptoms, then this is a very good remedy. Mix equal amounts of honey with ginger juice and lemon juice and use that concoction to slowly gargle your mouth and then rinse.
- Some specialized medications: Certain special medications may be prescribed by your Ayurveda practitioner such as:
- Kushtha, Nagarmotha, Cardamom, and licorice mixtures
- Dashan Sanskar Churna which is a specially formulated charcoal powder meant for brushing
- Special mixtures made from ingredients such as Manjishtha, Clove, Khadir, Cardamom, Betel nut, Black Pepper, Mayaphal, Kulinjan, Cumin seeds, Vidang, Bakul, and Camphor among others; either in the form of edible medication or in the form of mouthwashes.