Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manjunath ShastryYour feedback matters!
How can I get perfect body, means tall and attractive physique fair and flawless skin and smart brain and looks its my dream and I want to achieve it at any cost bt I do not know how So please tell me.
I am 22 years/female and I have dark circles. Also 2/3 pimples on cheeks(beside de nose). Suggest me the best to follow.
I am 40 years old and suffering backache and anus pain from last 2-3 month what I do? please suggest me.
I am having frequent urination say every ten minutes mostly in the morning hours. I am a diabetic but under good control.I had done x-ray of prostrate also but no enlargement is seen. I am 55 years male. Please advise what should I do?
Mujhe achno ka problem hai main pichle 3 month se cetaphil cleansing lotion, alovera cream use kar raha hu phir bhi mera skin puri tarah se achno free nahi hua hai. Please you told me what can I do?
Hi, I had a bike accident and have accident marks on my forehead. I am getting married soon, can you suggest me treatment to remove it, please.
My face bone on my right side is big than the other. Though I have a round face. But somehow it does not look similar. I can actually feel the increased bone in my face area and sometimes feels the pain too. Don't know Why? What is the risk of this? How can I fix it?
I am suffering from hairfall and hair whitening. My hair has vanished from the top. I also have white patches on my skin.
I am 28 years old. My skin has light colour .i want to make it fair. Can you pls suggest me any medicines or creams to make it fair.
Acne is the most common skin condition in the United States. Although it's common, accurate information about acne can be scarce. This can make it difficult to get clearer skin. The information on this site can help you understand acne and how to successfully treat it.
Why treat acne?
Myths about acne are as common as the skin problem. One common myth is that you have to let acne run its course.
Dermatologists know that letting acne runs its course is not always the best advice.
- Without treatment, dark spots and permanent scars can appear on the skin as acne clears.
- Treating acne often boosts a person’s self-esteem.
- Many effective treatments are available.
More women getting acne
Not just teens have acne. A growing number of women have acne in their 30s, 40s, 50s, and beyond. Dermatologists are not sure why this is happening. But dermatologists understand that adult acne can be particularly frustrating.?
Acne: Signs and symptoms
Many people think that acne is just pimples. But a person who has acne can have any of these blemishes:
Acne can appear on the back, chest, neck, shoulders, upper arms and buttocks.
Acne can cause more than blemishes;
- Low self-esteem:
- Dark spots on the skin:
- Scars (permanent):
Dear doctor, my father having prostate problem due to age. He is 63 years old. He is not ready for operation. So I want to know any medicine which can control it?
I have been suffering from severe skin diseases since last few years. I have consulted few top dermatologist in kolkata. All the time more or less same ointment and medicine were prescribed. It hailed temporarily. Worked like magic in 2-3 days. It relapsed as soon as I stopped the medication. So my question is that isn't there any permanent solution or I have to continue ointment and medicine for lifetime?
5 Ways to prevent skin conditions in athletes
Given their nature of work, athletes are at an increased risk of acquiring skin infections. These infections can lead to serious consequences if they are left untreated.
Here are 5 ways in which skin conditions in athletes can be prevented.
1. Keeping the bruises clean and covered - It is important for you to keep the cuts and scrapes clean as well as covered with bandages until they heal because such openings in the skin weaken its defence against germs and increase the possibility of infections.
2. Taking care of the blisters - Make sure that you prevent blisters as much as you can because they make your skin susceptible to infections. Use gels, sprays, ice pads etc. and try to avoid getting sunburnt to prevent dangerous skin conditions.
3. Be mindful of what you wear - It is important for athletes to wear moisture-wicking clothes because sweat, if not made to dry, can lead to growth of germs that can cause a number of skin diseases and infections. Also, not wearing foot wear outside the field can lead to infections on the feet.
4. Maintaining good hygiene - Take a shower after every practice session and game using an antimicrobial soap. Besides, use a clean towel and avoid sharing your personal care items like razor, soap etc. with other athletes. This is extremely important in order to reduce the risk of bacterial infection.
5. Disinfect all your equipment and go for skin checkups - Make sure that you disinfect all your equipment like the protective gear, gloves, socks etc. after every use. Also, get regular skin checkups done, especially if you are associated with high-risk sports like wrestling, boxing etc. There is an increased possibility of skin injuries, sores, swelling etc. in athletes associated with such sports, which exposes them to a greater risk of skin conditions. So, disinfection and clinical checkups on a regular basis become all the more important for them. Ensure that you never use sandpaper or bleach simply to pass a skin check up.
Related Tip: Quickie Home Remedies for Skin Allergies