Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Paralysis
Submit a review for Dr. Manjunath N PYour feedback matters!
What happens to people with autism when they grow up?
Since autism is a spectrum and people have varying skill levels, future is not the same for all people with autism. A lot of children who are able to cope with mainstream school /college education go undiagnosed and are successful at jobs but may be considered quiet or reserved adults by their family, friends and colleagues.
Several adults on the spectrum who have been diagnosed, and been in a supportive environment in their childhood, have written books which have facilitated and enhanced the understanding of the condition. We have examples of people who are professionally very successful. Some have gone on to become famous authors and at least one has won a Nobel Prize. Some advocate and speak for themselves and for other people with autism in the community.
Some of those who are fully independent in their everyday life may find it difficult to sustain the demands of a job and work environment. Some are married and some choose not to.
Some of those who are married face difficulties in forming relationships with their spouses and carry out responsibilities that come with marriage and having a family, and may continue to need support of another person in planning and carrying out the activities in running a house.
As in every other condition, some people on the spectrum will always need support in life and may never be fully independent. As yet, in India, there are few schools which have an environment or the attitude to accommodate the special needs of people on the autism spectrum. Vocational centers and employment opportunities are even fewer.
For most parents struggling with getting services for their child with autism, one of the biggest worry is‘what after us?’ As yet, there are not enough and appropriate lifespan services for people with autism where they can lead a life of dignity and respect.
However, with support from people around them including the family, friends, neighbours and teachers all of them can lead a happy and meaningful life.
I have migraine problem. Because of that I am unable to concentrate on my studies and on other things. Can you please suggest me the remedy.
Recently one of my relative got a brain stroke and blood got clot. And his right leg and hand got paralysis currently he is under treatment in one hospital. Wanted to know the reasons of brain stroke and is it curable completely?
I am suffering from chronic insomnia and I am really tensed with my problem. Can any somnologist please recommend me some remedies! Thanks!
When I hold something with my left hand it starts shaking slowly. But the right hand is ok. What is the problem?
Hi doc, my friend has swere migran problem he had consult with many docs even in abroad also taken ayurvedic medicines, how can he get relief from this.
Hello sir. I am suffering from migraine. What precautions can be taken to avoid migraine. And which is the best tablet for migraine?
Sir my mother has a migraine problem what can we do. Is there any medicine for migraine thank you sir.
Multiple small discreet to confluent hyperintense area on the surface of outer aspect of right parotid gland on stir sequence" what does it mean?
Sleep apnea is a potentially dangerous sleep disorder in which you stop and start breathing frequently while you are sleeping. Symptoms of sleep apnea often include loud snoring and fatigue even if you sleep uninterrupted through the night. Obesity and age are the common risk factors of sleep apnea.
The most common type of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea, in which the throat muscles contract and relax while you are asleep. The other type of sleep apnea, called central sleep apnea, usually occurs in people who have been diagnosed with brain tumors, infections or heart failure, or have had a stroke.
Treatment of sleep apnea includes:
- CPAP: The Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) device is generally recommended in the treatment of sleep apnea. CPAP is a breathing machine that stops your airways from getting blocked when you are sleeping. The CPAP device is normally the size of a tissue box. It comes with a mask that you put over your mouth and nose. The machine attached to the mask pumps a continuous flow of air that keeps your airways clear as you sleep.
- BPAP: The Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BPAP) device is used as an alternative to the CPAP device, if you find it hard to adjust to the CPAP. If you have a weak pattern of breathing, the BPAP can be helpful.
- ASV: The Adaptive Servo-ventilation (ASV) device is used to treat both central and obstructive sleep apnea.
- Treatment for other medical conditions: Sometimes sleep apnea can be caused by underlying health conditions. Problems such as rhinitis (nasal passage inflammation) and hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland) can cause sleep apnea. In such cases, your doctor needs to diagnose these conditions first before treating your sleep apnea.
- Lifestyle changes: Excessive weight sometimes can cause sleep apnea; so losing excessive weight should be a priority. Also, alcohol and tobacco can contribute to your symptoms, so try avoiding those.
- Medication: Usually, doctors do not prescribe any medicine, since sedatives and sleeping pills actually worsen sleep apnea. But, in case of sleep apnea in children, doctors typically suggest intra nasal corticosteroid medicine to treat the symptoms.
- Surgery: Surgeries to increase the size of your airway or to remove your adenoids, tonsils or extra tissues in the rear of your throat or your nose can prove helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.