Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
5 foods you didn't know were ruining your teeth
Brushing is not the only way to keep your teeth free from damage. To have perfectly healthy and sparkly teeth, you should avoid certain foods as well, especially those high in sugar and acid content.
Fruits rich in sucrose (such as cherries, mangoes and pears) are like food to the bacteria in your mouth. These bacteria give rise to plaque build-up; and produce lactic acid, which causes the erosion of your tooth enamel.
As for foods containing acid (like meat, cashew nuts and peanuts), their acidic content is chiefly responsible for tooth decay. In fact, these foods eat away at your enamel and cause your teeth to chip and break.
Which are the foods that spell danger for your teeth?
1. Apples: sadly, an apple a day doesn't keep the dentist away. Apples have high acidic content and are very harsh on your enamel. Remember to rinse your mouth thoroughly with water just after having apples.
2. Pickles: pickles are either made of sugar or vinegar and can be sweet and sour, depending on what's used. While the vegetables and fruits used in these pickles may do you good, it's the brine that brings about tooth decay. Make sure to brush your teeth after an hour of having pickles to prevent any sort of damage.
3. Bread: processed white bread that you have at breakfast every morning is loaded with sugar. It's quite sticky as well and easily gets lodged between your teeth, giving rise to cavities.
4. Popcorn: working in the same way as bread, popcorn can get easily stuck in the lines between your teeth, leading to a rise in the level of bacteria in your mouth. You can indulge yourself in a bit of popcorn as long as you floss and brush after an hour or two of eating it.
5. Diet sodas: just because sodas contain no added sugar doesn't mean they are healthy for your teeth. The acidity of diet sodas is very high, making it one of the worst things out there for your teeth. The only thing you can do is to cut down your consumption of diet sodas.
I am 25year old. My gums got swollen and bleeding plus smelling starts, so what to do to tightening the gums.
We are not promoting any brand but when you go for buying a right paste for you which one would you choose. Always choose a paste with cream base and whitish in colour.For kids, opt for a flouride paste once they are above 6 years and upto the age of 13. For anyone with the problem of sensitivity please refer to a dentist to know about the cause of sensitivity rather than buy a anti-sensitive paste.
A good toothpaste should have triclosan.You can also choose herbal pastes with ingredients of neem etc.
I am 22 years old. I have sudden jaw pain past 2 days. Only on one side just below the ear. It only pains when I open my mouth wide.
I am of 18 year old, I have a extra teeth on my left upper teeth side. I get it painful while brushing. I want to remove it, should i?
For the last 2 weeks I am having pain in upper left corner four teeth which are in a bridge. My dentist did xrays but could not come up with some result and referred to an oral surgeon who is advising an implementation of 3 teeth and replacement of one with a total cost of circa 10-15, 000. I am now seeking a second opinion from a dentist who can just do the needful so that I can travel abroad in three weeks and do the necessary after my 6 month stay abroad or get it done there in india.
My teeth are not in one, if I do the leveling of teeth operation is it good after operation, is it no problem.
Hi, my age is 21 and recently I've gone through an accident, nothing serious happened but one of my teeth got damaged too badly but its not at all looking that way if sees from outside. It used to shake a bit at the beginning, very little. But it seems ok now. Can i proceed with that or should i have to consult any dentist for an alternative?
Introduing innovative methods to help children (and the young at heart) to learn to brush better and prevent cavities at home.
Agents that make germ buildup glow and stand out so that such areas can be specifically identified and children can learn to improve brushing.
Cavities can be prevented at home with simple home care.
Get in touch to find out more...
My mom has pain in both lower and upper jaw from month. We had basic blood test, ECG, Pap smear test but nothing there in report. My mom also had some acidity problem. Please can you tell me some treatment which I can go for.
• pain in or around the ear
• headaches and neck aches
• tenderness of the jaw or jaw muscles
• jaw pain or soreness that is more prevalent in the morning or late afternoon
• jaw pain when chewing, biting or yawning
• difficulty opening and closing the mouth
• clicking or popping noises when opening the mouth
• sensitive teeth when no other dental problems can be found.