Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mamatha Reddy Y V
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mamatha Reddy Y VYour feedback matters!
Pain in my back n low BP. After using miffy kit. On Monday 22nd may I took 2nd set of abortion pills. What should i do?
While sex is something which is supposed to be a lot of fun and pleasurable to engage in can sometimes it can also turn out to be quite the opposite. One of the reasons for this can be a problem called vaginismus. And, a condition like this can threaten to break a marriage, it will be helpful to know a little bit about it.
Understanding the problem
Vaginismus is a problem which occurs when the muscles of the pelvic floor of a woman’s body contract when there is an attempt to insert something into the vagina. This contraction is not voluntary in nature. In a significant number of cases, vaginismus is the natural reaction of the body when something untoward has happened with the woman before. In many cases, if the woman has been the subject of any form of sexual abuse, she is likely to suffer from vaginismus more than other woman who have not been through this unfortunate experience.
The degree of severity of the case of vaginismus can really vary from one woman to another. The pain which is caused by vaginismus only occurs when there is an attempt to insert something into the vagina, be it a tampon or a penis, and does not exist at all otherwise. Your doctor can only correctly diagnose the issue.
Vaginismus happens to be a rather common problem and many women are known to suffer from it at some point of their lives. What does differ, however, is the degree of intensity of the pain. That being said, it is not too hard to cure vaginismus, but it is easier to do so for women who have not been experiencing pain for a long period of time.
Overcoming the obstacle
The best way to go about setting the problem of vaginismus right is by making a daily habit of doing Kegel exercises. These exercises are focused on improving the strength and also the functioning of the pelvic floor. They are quite common in prenatal sessions for mothers who are close to giving birth.
The Kegel exercise method of solving vaginismus is successful in more than 90% of the cases though these exercises, which are to be done, may not seem to be all that complicates. As long as a woman is consistent, she can enjoy the joys of sex minus the pain. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Achilles Tendon pain is an orthopedic condition that can originate from tears and ruptures to the AchillesTendon, which is known as one of the strongest and also the longest tendon in the human body. It is a band of tissues that decides the quality of your movements and motions to a great extent, as it connects the heel with the calf. Therefore, any injury to this tendon can decrease the strength and support to the muscles and create a painful situation. So how can you deal with this pain? Read on to know more.
- Rice Therapy: Rice is a commonly used term by orthopedic specialist. It refers to Rest, Ice, Compression with a bandage, and finally Elevation. The patient must take lots of rest as well as use ice packs to deal with the injury and acute pain. Finally, the area must be compressed with a bandage and kept elevated on cushions.
- Surgery: For very severe cases, the orthopedic specialist can recommend surgery as well. This kind of surgery aims at reattaching the displaced or ruptured tendon which may have reached such a fate through a sports or any other kind of injury. The doctor may also place your leg in a cast for a few weeks to keep it at complete rest.
- Pain Medication: The doctor can also prescribe pain relievers that contain Ibuprofen as well as acetaminophen or even naproxen. These medicines should be taken in moderation as per the doctor's prescription. Usually, this kind of medication is taken only when unbearable pain is experienced by the patient.
- Thermotherapy or Heat Treatment: The use of heat for chronic pain or even pain that has been ailing for over 48 hours is known as thermotherapy. This therapy uses heating pads and hot water bottles to help relieve the pain. One must be careful while applying anything hot to the site of the injury. Use a towel to wrap the hot water bottle or heating pad so that there is no scalding or leaking on to the skin.
- Footwear: It is important to prevent continuous injury and pain to the already injured Achilles tendon. To do this, you must wear supportive and comfortable footwear that has heel lifts and other customized orthotics built into the shoes.
Taking care of Achilles Tendon pain is a matter of taking various precautions and supportive actions that lead to better healing.