Find numerous Internal Medicine Specialists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Internal Medicine Specialists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Internal Medicine Specialists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Chest Pain
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment of Diarrhoea
Treatment of Dengue
Treatment of Nausea
Treatment of Sexual Weakness
Treatment of Penis Pain
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Malaria
Treatment of Chickenpox
Treatment of Typhoid
Submit a review for Dr. Mallikarjun KalashettyYour feedback matters!
Is there complete cure for endometriosis, regain health and fertility. Is it possible to give birth to a healthy child. I know there is no such a medicine in allopathy. Want to know more about homeopathy and natural medicine.
I have dysentery and diaherria I feel very dehydrated Dr. Please what I do right now I have also very high fever give me prescription.
Hello Doctors, respect and thanks in advance for commenting on my query, I am sure I will get an ‘expert’ advise eventually. Well, my mother is 58 years old weighing 62 kgs. She is a diabetic (no insulin injection) and her sugar reports are as follows:- Plasma Glucose (F) – 124 and Plasma Glucose (P.P) – 201 mg/dl. She is also a heart patient, she gets tired (haapti hain aur paseena aataa hain) after walking for 1-2 kilometres and we are visiting a cardiologist every 3 months from last 12 years. Her current HEART medicines are Valent 40, Tide 5 Mg, Tide 10 mg, xplode tab, Asomex 2.5 mg, tonact 10 mg, Glycomet 250 mg and rivotril 0.5 mg. As per recent 2D echo test, her heart’s efficiency is 35%. Our regular cardiologist says, she has to take these medicines for lifelong with no option. My mom is scared of Angiography and says she don’t want to take chances with her life with this test due to her fear. Our reason to worry these days is different, she is getting tingling, tickling or prickling sensation experienced in her hands at regular intervals from last 10-12 days, I believe medical term is “Paresthesia”. I am tensed and I really want to take preventive measures for my mom due to this unusual and regular sensation. Simultaneously I also want to get her treated “permanently” from this heart disease. Can all experts please comment, firstly on “Paresthesia” and then on permanent freedom from this heart medicines / disease? Which type of tests I should do first (full body check up) or which type of doctor shall I see on priority, if required?
After taking food the mouth gets filled with flum in five or ten minutes and I am keep on spitting, due to this I can not eat properly and I am an underweight could not increase my weight can you suggest the reasons for it? **Hi doctor why does thing happen? Even while I am in a meeting I used to have my mouth filled like this, I feel very ashamed at times. Please help me to solve this. Do I need to take medicines to solve inside cold?
Important Relationship Tips by Marriage Counsellor Shivani Misri Sadhoo (Saarthi)
Do you know it’s surprisingly easy to ruin a perfectly good relationship? People may not be aware they are doing it or might be spending their days thinking they are doing everything right for their relationships. Until one day without notice things start getting bad by frequent arguments, silent treatments, fight, then distancing. Marriage Counsellor Shivani Misri Sadhoo shares certain common behaviour that partners should check within themselves, as they can ruin a relationship.
1. Avoid angry reactions to your partner's feedback
Communication is the key to relationship bonding. However, with time partners tend to take communication between them for granted. By granted means; if their partner places a suggestion or an advice , they react angrily or they send intimidating overreactions or feedbacks that shut their partner down. So the shutdown partner again tries much harder, this time, to be listened and a cycle starts that gradually destroys communication between partners.
So don’t make a habit to react angrily if you have been criticised or been advised by your partner, instead make it your goal to hear everything. This doesn’t mean we have to agree with our partner but it says you give him/her the respect or the window to share their every view with you.
2. Avoid Deception and duplicity
In today’s life, people are more and more getting habituated of saying things that they don’t follow or believe. Like they tell their partner, “I really love you,” but they act like they don’t have any time to spend with them. They say “I want to be close to you,” then constantly criticize them when they are around.
These mixed messages of saying one thing and doing another represent a fantasy of being close but without really relating to them. Double messages like these slowly kill the relationship and the other person’s trust and faith.
3. Avoid controlling your partner.
Sometimes without noticing people starts to get intrusive or controlling toward their partner. For example, a partner may stop asking their other half their preferences and choices, instead, they start to impose their personal choices by terming it “we”. For example; “We love Chinese food so let's go for dinner to that restaurant”, without asking if the wife is interested in eating food outside or is in the mood at that moment to eat Chinese or not. Such an action disrespects the other person’s sense of self. When this happens, it not only hurts our partner and his or her feelings , but it can undermine our own strength and our feelings for our partner.
When ever I do intercourse After few mins. I feel stain n pain in my lower abdominal. I feel like some nerve are getting pulled. Also I want to know how to increase the size and thickness of my Private part.
A neurological disease that occurs mostly on one side of the head, migraine is a severe headache that is characterised by a variety of symptoms, ranging from nausea and disturbed vision to sensitivity to light. Since the triggers of a migraine are many, it can be difficult to identify the exact cause of your pulsating headache.
Here are some of the common stimulants associated with migraine:
1. Fasting: Not taking proper meals, insufficient liquid intake and fasting can be a major trigger towards headaches and migraine. It could be associated to lowered blood glucose levels. Skipping meals or fasting must be completely avoided.
2. Sleep: Sleep can also be a trigger factor as well as a preventive factor for migraines. You can suffer from a migraine attack if you sleep too little or too much. Migraine caused by sleep problems usually arises when the brain’s serotonin (a compound that constricts blood vessels) production experiences a fluctuation, and there is a reduction of dopamine (a neurotransmitter that helps in the transmission of signals) levels. While the former neurotransmitter is necessary for regulating your sleep cycle, the latter is vital for helping you to focus. Several studies reveal that developing good sleep habits can bring about a reduction in the intensity as well as number of migraine attacks.
3. Stress: Another common migraine trigger is stress. Emotions like sadness, worry, shock and anxiety can cause migraine attacks as they bring about the release of migraine causing brain chemicals. At the same time, it is also commonly reported that a migraine may occur right after a stressful period, usually during the weekends, and is therefore called a weekend headache.
4. Food: Several studies show that migraines triggered by food occur in 10% of the world population. Many of the food items that cause a migraine attack contain a substance called tyramine or phenylethylamine. This substance can cause the nerve cells of your brain to release a chemical called norepinephrine. The increased quantity of the two (tyramine and norepinephrine) can lead to migraine attacks. These amino acids are present in aged cheese, chocolates, citrus fruits, nuts and soy foods.
5. Caffeine: Too much caffeine consumption can cause you to have a migraine attack. Ideally, you shouldn’t have more than 2 cups of caffeinated drinks (like coffee, tea and cola) a day to prevent yourself from experiencing migraine headaches.
6. Computer screens/ Sunlight: Sitting in front of your computer screen for a long time can trigger a migraine attack. It happens as muscle tension builds up around your head, neck and shoulder areas.To prevent the problem from occurring, you need to take regular breaks, use good lighting, and anti-glare screens.
7. Alcohol: Certain alcohols like red wine, beer, vermouth, and sherry contain substances such as tyramine, phenylethylamine, histamine, sulphites, and flavonoid phenols, all of which have been known to trigger migraine attacks. Red wine is considered to be the worst trigger, and you should avoid it if you suffer from migraine.
8. Exercise: Like sleep, even exercise has been reported to cause as well as prevent migraines. Exercising in a moderate and regular manner is known to prevent the onset of migraine.By doing so, you end up stimulating the release of the body’s natural painkillers, while improving your overall health. On the other hand, by exercising vigorously and without prior planning, your body’s demand for oxygen increases significantly, triggering an attack.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My darsn have a problem of stomach. Sometimes pain is very hard. How to consolve it? Please answer as fast as you can. Help him.
I am 21 years old. My echo, lipid profile and tmt are normal, but I have been done 12 ecg. And they are abnormal. Aisa kis wajah se hai.
My thyroid 3 months back was 7.9. And I was using thyronorm 50mg. Yesterday when I checked thyroid it was less than 0.01. I done why it's fluctuating like this. Now which tablets should I take? Starting it was 6 then 3 then 7 and now it's less than 0.01.
I have erectile dysfunction problem. My age is 35. Lack of erection and quickly discharged. Please help me.
I am suffering from. Cough from last 2 days. Unable to take breathe at the time of sleep. Please suggest me what should I do.
I am 30 yrs old male and suffering from bilateral avascular necrosis for last 2 yrs and my legs pain after every sexual intercourse. What should I do?
Sir I am felling some pain in my different side of throat. My Doctor say me this are some infection in my throat and he suggest me some mediation but i was taking 10 days but it was goes many but still some pain in different side of throat. Some time I feel that some node in my throat but I have examine this by ultrasound on neck and throat. But no node saw in throat. All are good condition but I dont know why I feel this pain. Please give me suggestion which test I will do that actual position of my throat.
Strokes occur when blood to the brain gets interrupted or reduced. When this occurs, brain cells begin to die as they don't get enough nutrients and oxygen. Such life-threatening episodes can strike you anytime.
Many myths surround this medical condition:
Myth 1: Women don't suffer from strokes
The opposite is true. It is women who suffer strokes more often than men. This is because women tend to live longer than men whose longevity gets affected by heart disease. Since they live longer than men, they tend to be more vulnerable to strokes.
Myth 2: Strokes aren't easy to recognise
Strokes can be easily diagnosed through the face, arm, Speech and Time test (FAST). If you suffer from slurred speech, facial droop or numbness on one side of the body, you're said to suffer from a stroke.
Myth 3: Strokes are a form of heart attack
Although strokes and heart attacks are closely related, they are not the same. In strokes, blood supply to the brain gets interrupted; on the other hand, in heart attacks, blood supply to the heart gets severely affected.
Myth 4: Only older people suffer from strokes
This isn't true young people can experience strokes as well. About a quarter of stroke cases are reported by people aged 65 and below. More importantly, irrespective of the age group, the warning signs are the same; it is only in response that differences can be found between younger and older people.
Myth 5: Strokes can't be prevented
Through changes in your lifestyle, strokes can easily be prevented. You can reduce your chances of getting a stroke by having a balanced diet, exercising, keeping an optimum body weight and limiting alcohol consumption as well as quitting smoking. Moreover, up to 80% stroke cases can be prevented by leading a healthy lifestyle. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.