Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh Kumar.B.RYour feedback matters!
My skin tone is nt as fair as my birth time. Wnt skin tone back which is my real skin tone. How cn I get back my fairer skin?
My husband has got a skin infection on his legs. Its itchy, gets dried up, slight puss is their but has got absolutely no pain. He is not facing any problem due to this and its been several months. Also he is clueless that how he has got it but its looks very bad over there. It will be very helpful if you can kindly give me a solution for this.
I have dark spots on my skin by acne's I want to remove that. please tell me that how to remove and the cost of treatment.
I am 30 years old male and I have under eye dark circle. Can I am trying many cream and home make solution but not gone. Why I solve this.
I have some black colour spots on my belly .can you please tell me the reason and cure of it. Please tell some home made remedies for it.
Winter. My skin becoming dry so recommend me to have a best cream to use and shouldn't get acne and not to get change of my skin tone. Suggest me a best winter cream.
It is that most wrinkles are caused by the sun and only a small part is caused by the skin aging. Getting wrinkles is also affected by the habits we have. Habits indeed play a vital role in the same.
Sun protection is the most important thing one must to if you want to fight wrinkles. The UV rays are responsible for the breakage of the structure of the skin. The basic structure of the skin is broken layer by layer starting from collagen, elastin and the epidermis thereby giving rise to wrinkles. Some people have are prone to UV damage genetically and it is because of the ethnicity and the skin pigments.
A given ethnic skin might vary how the structural damage occurs when UV exposure is given. The wrinkles from the sun and those by aging can be easily distinguished. The skin in the under surface of the arm which is mostly sun protected is different from the skin in the upper arm. Also, skin of the breast is different from the V of the chest which is exposed to the sun.
Here are 5 wrinkle forming habits you need to ditch:
- Not using sunscreen: One cannot escape the sun and the only way to do it and enjoy the sun is to wear sunscreen. It should be applied daily especially on the face where the skin is thin and delicate.
- Squinting: Squinting in the sun is a bad idea and this usually happens when you are not wearing glasses. Next time before stepping out in the sun make sure to wear the glasses as they protect the eyes and will not cause furrow between the brow and the crow's feet.
- Not moisturizing enough: If a good moisturizer is not used then it leads to crinkles in the skin which are wrinkles deep under the skin. Crinkles can be reversed if a moisturizer is used followed with exfoliation of the dead cells. Start moisturizing as all skin types from dry to oily need it.
- Smoking: This is bad not only for health, but also for the skin. Tobacco and other chemicals in cigarettes can lead to damage of the skin's fiber and elastin. Smoking also restricts the blood flow, thereby making it difficult for the oxygen and nutrients to stay in the skin.
- Pursing the lips: Regular sipping drinks through straws, cigarettes and sour expressions can all lead to wrinkling around mouth. Even though it is a gradual process, it is going to leave a mark. Say bye to pursing of the lips to get rid of unnecessary wrinkling.
Related Tip: "Getting Rid of Wrinkles"
Pyoderma gangrenosum is an uncommon medical condition that results in skin ulcers. It can affect both men and women irrespective of their age, but is commonly seen in people above fifty years of age. Pyoderma gangrenosum is auto inflammatory and autoimmune in nature, generally affecting your legs.
Though the exact cause of pyoderma gangrenosum is unknown, yet there are certain conditions that can trigger its development on your skin.
Causes are mentioned as follows:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Crohn's disease (a disease related to your digestive tract)
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Blood cancer
- Cut or skin injuries
- Ulcerative colitis( a digestive tract disorder)
- Myeloid metaplasia( anemia with white and red immature cells in circulation)
- Myelogenous leukemia ( a type of cancer affecting growth of immature blood cells)
- Liver inflammation or hepatitis.
- Damaged skin
Pyoderma gangrenosum may initially appear to look like an insect bite. But there are other symptoms that can help you to identify and distinguish it from an insect bite.
The common symptoms are as follows:
- Painful sores
- It may start as small pimples
- Reddish or purple lumps or blisters
- Sometimes the bumps may be pus-filled also
Pyoderma gangrenosum can spread very rapidly and cause skin ulcers to become severe. So it must be treated as soon as diagnosed.
Some of the treatment methods are mentioned below:
- Use of anti-inflammatory ointments.
- Administering corticosteroid drugs through injection.
- Pain relief medicines.
Aging of the skin is a natural process that affects all aging individuals. It manifests itself in the form of skin wrinkling, sagging, discoloration and other visible effects. Such changes become more apparent as soon as one reaches late thirties or early forties but early onsets are now very common too, which can be caused by a number of factors.
Prevention from Aging:
- Eat healthy - Having a nutritious balanced diet can make a tremendous positive impact on your skin. Consumption of food items that are rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients is essential. It is also important to drink lots of water and fluids to stay hydrated. Junk food and sugary drinks should be avoided as it negatively affects skin health.
- Avoid sun exposure - This is the most basic way of reducing the rate of skin aging and slowing down the process. While going out in the day cannot always be avoided, it is important to keep the skin covered with clothing, hats and sunglasses.
- Exercise regularly - Keeping fit through regular workouts and exercise improves the circulation of blood in the body and consequently, the supply of blood and oxygen to the skin. This keeps the skin healthy and young and prevents early onset of wrinkling and aging.
Anti-aging Dermatology Treatments:
- Botox: Botox is an injection that temporarily relaxes facial muscles to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, as well as prevent new lines from forming. Common injection sites include the forehead, the area between the eyebrows, the corners of the eyes, and the sides of the chin. Botulinum toxin (BOTOX) for treating facial wrinkles is the most frequently performed cosmetic procedure. It has become the most common entry procedures for clinicians seeking to incorporate aesthetic treatments into their practice.
- Dermal Fillers: As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. The facial muscles are then working closer to the skin surface, so smile lines and crow's feet become more apparent. Dermal fillers help to diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face. Dermal fillers can be used to:
- Plump thin lips
- Enhance shallow contours
- Soften facial creases and wrinkles
- Improve the appearance of recessed scars
- Dermal fillers can be very helpful in those with early signs of aging, or as a value-added part of facial rejuvenation surgery.
- Thread Lift: Thread lifts can be a great way to rejuvenate and restore youthful contours to areas such as the brows, cheeks, jowls and the neck area. The procedure uses multiple, hair-thin needles that have fine threads dipped in bio stem cell liquid, inside them. These needles are inserted into a layer of the skin one-by-one and then pulled out together smoothly, leaving the fine thread inside the layers of your skin. This induces fibroblast and promotes collagen production and literally lifts skin. The thread is gradually absorbed into the skin.
- RF Tightening: Radiofrequency (RF) energy treatment is technology for non-surgical tightening of the early signs of loose or sagging skin; ideal for those people who either don’t want, or don’t believe they are old enough to have a surgical procedure. Pure RF energy alone is primarily used to treat skin laxity by facial tightening, and is best suited to patients with mild to moderate sagging of facial tissues, usually those in their mid 30s to 50s, with any skin colour. It is commonly used to treat the forehead, under the eyes, cheeks, mid-face, jaw line, and neck.
- HIFU Facelift: High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) lifts and tightens skin for a non-surgical face lift and neck lift. Since its release, Ulthera (Ultherapy) has been quickly growing in popularity with experts worldwide as an advanced HIFU device. Common treatment areas include - Brows and forehead, Chin, Neck, Stomach and Stretch marks. With just one treatment, HIFU pushes mature skin to start working hard again. Your eyes will look more open, brows more lifted, fine lines softened, and pore reduced. Because of the restored elasticity, your skin will feel softer and more supple, too.
Quick Tips to Look Younger-
1. Live happier: Life is a constant struggle. From unexpected changes to life altering moments, we constantly face stress, tension and sometimes depression. Those who we know living a happy life also face the same situations. The difference is how they choose to find happiness despite facing adversities. Stress speeds up the aging process. When you are stressed, it creates an imbalance of hormones causing collateral damage. To cut down stress, spend more time doing things that make you happy. Choose a hobby like painting or stress busters like yoga and exercise.
2. Eat fruits and vegetables: It is important to eat the right serving of fruits and vegetables daily, as they are rich source of vitamins and minerals and protect your skin from free radicals and cellular damage. From cucumber and tomato to fruits like papaya, each provides it own set of exfoliating benefits, which firm up your skin, improve your complexion, get rid of fine lines and slows down the aging naturally. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.