Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Mahantesh R. CharantimathYour feedback matters!
I have moved for cardiac package at jaipur . My ECG came abnormal however all other related investigations were normal i.e. 2D ecgo, TMT, blood and urine tests , chest x-ray . I just want to know that if my 2D ECHO IS NORMAL AND TMT IS NORMAL then why the ECG is abnormal . I keep on checking my blood pressure every 2 to 3 days the lower side blood pressure always comes normal between 87-92 however the higher side blood pressure comes higher near about 140-157.
I m a 25 year old male and I m feeling a pain in left syd chest goes through left shoulder. And feeling that there is nothing left in my left hand sometimes. What should you do?
Pulmonary hypertension is a medical condition that arises when the blood pressure remains consistently high in the vessels of the lungs. This condition can develop from a completely unrelated medical condition and is more prevalent among women.
Pulmonary Hypertension can be a hard disease to diagnose. While it has no permanent cure, the medication depends on how far the disease has advanced. From group 1 PAH to group 5 PAH, pulmonary hypertension has 5 stages of advancement.
Here is a list of 10 ways by which this disease can be kept under control along with the prescribed medication:
- Quit smoking: Smoking aggravates pulmonary hypertension. It has adverse effects on both the heart and the lung. It is therefore of utmost importance to quit smoking. If you fail to control your urge of smoking, contact your doctor who can suggest a quitting plan.
- Avoid high altitude: Patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension should avoid flying and living at high altitude. An altitude of 8000 feet and above can worsen the symptoms. It is therefore suggested that you do not take flights for travelling or come down below the altitude of 2428 meters if you are living in hilly areas.
- A healthy diet: A healthy diet consisting of fresh fruit and vegetables, lean meat and whole grains should be consumed on a daily basis. A nutritious diet goes a long way in keeping pulmonary hypertension in check.
- Adequate rest: A minimum of 8 hours of sleep is recommended for patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension. A good night’s sleep and frequent naps keeps fatigue at bay.
- Pregnancy and birth control pills: Avoiding pregnancy is a must for patients suffering from this disease. Pregnancy can be life threatening for the both the baby and the mother. Birth control pills should be avoided as well. It greatly increases the chance of blood clots.
- Maintain a steady blood pressure: Any activities that lower the blood pressure should be avoided by all means. Spending too much time in a bathtub or prolonged stress increases the chances fainting.
- Become more active: Patients of pulmonary hypertension often run out of breath with little to no activity. While activities such as weight lifting should be strictly avoided, some exercise or daily jogging can fetch good result in keeping a patient healthy.
- Get vaccine on time: Doctors often suggest vaccines if the patient suffers from pneumonia or influenza. It should be ensured that such vaccines are taken on time. For patients suffering from pulmonary hypertension, prolonged exposure to diseases such as pneumonia can wreak havoc.
- Regular checkup: Regular follow up with the doctor is of prime importance. Any possible side effects or deterioration can be arrested with constant supervision.
- On time medication: Patients of pulmonary hypertension should ensure that all the medicines suggested by the doctor are taken at regular intervals as per prescribed dosage. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.
I am 55 male having ED problem suddenly two month back Earlier having sex twice or thrice weakly I am having BP and SUGAR MY doctor SUGGESTED TADALAFIL 20 but no erection Can you suggest better medicine for proper erection Pls reply.
1. Obesity can triple the risk of heart disease.
2. 31% of indians are either overweight or obese.
3. Hypertension and stress, esp. From work, account for more than 50% of heart ailments.
4. 100 million people in india have high blood pressure.
5. Over 40% of urban indians have high lipid levels which are major risk factors for heart disease.
Please practice healthy lifestyle habits.
1. A strict no to smoking, alcohol, illegal drugs, hypertension, stress.
2. Eat low fat, low salt, high fiber diet.
3. Do physical activity.
Most people can not resist cocktail parties, obsession with shipping, sedentary living etc. Man needs to control his senses, freshen up his common sense and make life healthily convenient.