Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Mahantesh R. CharantimathYour feedback matters!
My blood pressure is 170- 90 and my weight is 110. sir what is the risk and how can I reduce the weight and how can I reduce the bp?
Hi, I am 28 Years Old. I am facing some Gasitic problem and little bit pain in Lower part of chest. What to do. please Guide.
Hdl cholesterol 53.0 mg. 30-70 mg Total cholesterol 143.0 mg upto 200 mg /dl normal Vldl 28.6. 25-40 mg. This is the report I found in my cholesterol report. Do I have cholesterol.
Dear doctor, I AM MALE ,age- 29 and underweight, I had got cholesterol tests done a few days ago. My HDL- 36 mg per dl, LDL- 114 mg per dl, total cholesterol- 154 mg. Thyroid profile is normal as well. Due to chronic anxiety my weight is reduced about 4 kgs. Now I'm underweight. My question is if one's weight is reduced due to chronic anxiety or stress or depression, HDL good cholesterol will reduce? And LDL bad cholesterol will increase?
Hypertension is commonly known as high blood pressure, a condition in which the heart pumps excessive blood which may eventually cause damage to the arteries. Hypertension generally develops over a prolonged period of time. Hypertension is calculated to be a blood pressure count above 140/90 (millimetres of mercury).
Hypertension is of two types:
- Primary hypertension: The cause of primary hypertension is not specific. It happens to develop over a period of time.
- Secondary hypertension: Secondary hypertension occurs due to an underlying health condition. This type of hypertension may develop all of a sudden. There are many causes of secondary hypertension
In some cases high blood pressure can develop during a pregnancy. If high blood pressure persists for over 20 weeks, it can cause severe complications. Untreated hypertension can result in premature delivery.
Signs you have hypertension
Hypertension generally does not have any specific symptom. Thus, it can remain undiagnosed for years. Some of the symptoms of hypertension are:
- Nose bleeding
- Irregular heartbeat
- Tiredness and fatigue
- Breathing difficulty
Risks associated with hypertension
- Heart diseases
- Heart failure
- Vision loss
- Kidney damage
- Memory loss
How can it be treated?
Incorporating certain changes to your diet can help in combating the symptoms of hypertension. In a nutshell, a healthy way of living consisting of a well- balanced diet and regular exercises are the most basic ways of treating this condition. Some of the important lifestyle changes that can treat high blood pressure are:
- Restrict salt in your diet to a maximum limit of 5g a day.
- Limit alcohol consumption
- Lose weight by keeping a check on your diet and exercising regularly
- Manage your stress levels by using relaxation techniques to manage stress levels.
- Medications are also used to lower the blood pressure
- Calcium-channel blockers
- Angiotensin receptor blockers
If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult here
Dr, How can I reduce my cholesterol level? Which types of food want to avoid and want to eat? Thank you.
Hi I am 42 years as i am suffering with chest pain. I want to rule out whether it is chest pain or muscular pain. Some time it is paining some times not. I am also a asthma patient. Please advise me what precautions should I take.
What is the correlation between high BP and cholesterol? Like does high cholesterol cause high BP or vice versa?
I'm 22 years old, please Tell me how to overcome BP problem. My BP is 140/100 which is increased by 20.
What is heartattak how to lelif this problem and how to secure with this problem and how can I knw I suffer with heart attack what the semtams of heartattak.
My mother has recently started facing a chest pain which stretches from her chest till elbow of her left hand. Plus her sugar level was recently jumped to 500 day before yesterday. Later on the same day, it came down to 440 on taking a medicine which is jalra M 50/500 mg. Yesterday, I took her to a heart hospital which is located nearby, in emergency. The cardiologist which was on duty suggested to admit her. As her blood sugar level was 312. There was a change on ECG which was taken at that moment. I am attaching the ECG report for your reference. Please suggest what measures to be taken for my mother. I would be realy thankful for all your tips and please suggest what action to be taken?
I am 50 years old today in office in evening I have eaten samosa and taken tea ,after 10 min chest pain started when I go to the hospital doctors said nerve is blocked .stent has been taken .i have to that stent is good or not .
Are you looking for effective and natural ways to prevent heart blockage and blood pressure management? You should consider taking Ayurvedic measures, which have been proven to be quite effective in dealing with various issues of the heart. Usually, heart blockages are difficult to deal with and a surgery has to be carried out for recovery. With Ayurvedic remedies, you can solve such issues without the concern of harmful side effects on your body.
Ayurvedic management of heart blockage
For effective prevention and management of heart blockages, you need to create a certain Ayurvedic medicine using basic ingredients.
- Mix lemon, ginger, apple vinegar and garlic together and boil on a light flame.
- After the quantity gets reduced, leave the mixture to cool.
- After this, add some honey in the solution, and store it in a bottle for use. You have to take this medicine every morning after waking up.
- Note all the ingredients are chosen for their unique and beneficial features.
- Lemon contains more than 19 qualities, and garlic and ginger are good for dealing with gastric issues. Apple cider vinegar is given great importance in Ayurveda, and honey is good for your blood. Hence, this medicine is ideal for treating heart blockages effectively.
Ayurvedic management of blood pressure
High blood pressure or Rakta Gata Vata refers to an elevation in the pressure of blood in your arteries. The increase in pressure is based upon your age, activities, diet, and medical history.
The Ayurvedic remedies for the prevention and control of blood pressure include the following:
- Avoid consuming eggs, meat, tea, coffee, pickles and table salt.
- Abstain from smoking.
- Increase your intake of food items such as lemon, garlic, parsley, grapefruit, cottage cheese, Indian gooseberry, and watermelon.
- Engage in regular exercise as it is important for lowering and preventing your chances of high blood pressure.
- Laugh a lot and keep away from anxiety and stress factors.
- Make a juice of garlic cloves, wheat grass and basil leaves. Have this regularly for reduced chances of high blood pressure.
- Mix onion juice with honey and have the mixture every day.
- Make a paste using garlic and buttermilk, and drink it regularly.
- Grind roasted watermelon seeds, add water to the powder, strain the liquid, and have it twice every day.
It is important for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting to take Ayurvedic measures for heart blockage or high blood pressure on your own. This will ensure that you are prescribed the best measures by a qualified and experienced doctor.