Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahantesh
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. MahanteshYour feedback matters!
I used to brush my teeth two times in a day with colgate but after 1- 2 hour my mouth always start smelling please suggest me some cure.
I am chewing gutkha for last 3 years. My teeth are become reddish. How can I remove that Please suggest me something for that.
Hello doctor, I am suffering from strange type of problem. My inter mouth scales got eroded. Here and there particularly beneath the tooth. At the same time my scrotal sac outer skin is also getting eroded. It is so painful. And little bit reddish. Please help me doctor.
My two teeth are damaged by cavities and one teeth was replaced the other teeth is going to pain so I want remedies to solve this problem and I want remedies to make my teeth white because they are yellow now.
My upper and lower left molars are really hurting. How can I control the throbbing pain. I'm scared to do root canals. I'm female. 51 yrs.
Hello I want to ask something From last so many days I am suffering from some problem and the problem is If I eat any spice thing then my tongue can not bear it normally I can et spicy food bt from lst so many days I suffer this problem and someday my tongue become dry also. Pls help me asap.
My left front tooth broken at age 12 now I'm 20 .I want to repair my tooth permanently .how much it cost for the treatment.
I am 19 year boy I wanted to know that how can I clean my teeth because my teeth are too dirty so please tell me the fastest way to clean my teeth.
Having gum bleeding problem for 5-6 yrs - get the gum line cleaned 2 yes back - it was stopped for 1 yr and now started again get cleaned gum again with no luck- please advise what should I do . Is there any medicine or fixed treatment to stop this .i tried flagella as well couple of times with no luck - I don't smoke / vegetarian diet - my all gums are very clean.
Which toothpaste is best to be used. Colgate, pepsodent, patanjali, sensodine, meswakh, or other one.
I have teeth problem. whenever i eat something then suddenly pain occurs in my teeth. what should i do ? please advice
Visit your dentist as soon as you start feeling the food lodgment in between or inside the tooth, there may be a periodontal problem or cavity inside the tooth. Get your professional cleaning done by the dentist on the regular basis.
Loss of tongues as well as opposite of tongues was also aches (burned), Please advice me what should I take?
Mera tooth se kabhi kabhi blood aata hai or baas bhi nikalta hai. Please let me know aab mujhe kya medicine use karna chahiye?
Hello friends, I am Dr Anubhav Gupta. I am a consultant of cosmetic and plastic surgeon. Today I am going to talk about a very common topic, that is Facial injuries. Now this is something which we see very common in our day to day life. Face is comprising of a lot of structures; the skin, there is the subcutaneous tissues, there are muscles, then there is bone underneath it. So when we talk about facial injuries, we can divide them broadly into two types:
- One is the simple injuries and
- The complex facial injuries.
Now the simple injuries are the one, which we see like, our kids, they fall in the house, and they have cuts, and they have continuous lacerated wounds.
The complex facial injuries are seen when there are road traffic accidents, where there are deep cuts right up to the muscle and there are fractures of these bones.
So these are the common types of injuries related to face. Now the question which next comes to our mind is, what to do?
So in case of facial injuries, what is required to be to be done is, whenever such injuries happen, we need to apply some pressure on that, so that the bleeding stops. And if you are concerned about good scars and better looking sutured wounds, then you should consult a plastic surgeon to get it sutured. And in any case, it has to repaired, it has to be stitched. This is how the management of simple injuries is done.
But in case of complex injuries, they require advanced management, wherein not only a plastic surgeon but also a neurosurgeon and many other surgeons are involved because these injuries are usually not isolated injuries. They occur with head injuries also, and many times there are injuries to other parts of the body also. So it is better to take the patient to a better hospital. So in such injuries, what we usually do is, once the patient is stabilised, such injuries, for example a fractures, requires fixation.
Fixation means, is very similar to fracture of the hand or the limb, there is plating and screws and clamps and plasters and related things. The principles are similar for all these things also. So we use very fine, titanium plates for fractures.
The common fractured parts are the upper maxilla, or the lower maxilla or the mandible. The importance in such facial injuries, there are two priorities:-
- One is , the patient should be able to eat, even after these injuries and fractures. Because once these bones are fractured, it becomes very difficult to eat so the main priority is that the patient should be able to eat even after these injuries.
- The second thing is, the lower part of the eye. So, there should be no problem in the vision, as well as the cosmetic outcome. So these bones are put back together anatomically by plating and fixation. So that the patient can lead a normal life, i.e, having a normal vision, and is able to eat properly.
So these are the principles required for practical fixation of complex facial injuries.
Now, to know more about these types of injuries you can get in touch with me on Lybrate. Thank You.
Having your dentist say to you that you need a root canal, can be a daunting affair. This means that the pulp or soft tissue inside a tooth has been damaged by bacterial infection. A root canal involves removing the damaged pulp, cleaning the infection and filling in the emptied space. Not every tooth infection requires a root canal and hence it is essential to know the indication of a root canal.
Here are a few situations when a root canal may be needed:
- Pain: Discomfort ranging from a dull ache to a sharp pain can be a sign that you need root canal treatment. This type of pain is usually characterized by throbbing and may change as you switch positions. It is usually triggered by chewing, applying pressure on the tooth or eating something cold or hot. In some cases, the patient may not be able to indicate the exact tooth that is hurting but can only identify the painful area.
- Gun tenderness: Swelling that indicates the need of root canal treatment can range from being slightly red and inflamed to pronounced lumps on the gums. In some extreme cases, this swelling may extend out of the gums into the face and neck region. Sometimes, a pus filled boil with a pimple like head may also form on the gums. If this head bursts, the patient may notice a foul taste in the mouth. This swelling can come and go as the tooth decay deteriorates and may or may not be accompanied by pain. Teeth may also feel like they have been pushed out of their sockets and are taller than usual.
- Tooth discolouration: Discolouring of teeth can be a sign of internal tooth damage. This is especially noted if the teeth take on a dark yellow, grey or blackish tint. Tooth discolouration is fairly common in cases where the tooth has undergone trauma such as an accident etc.
- Exposure of the dental nerves: At times during regular dental work, the nerves in the tooth may be exposed. This indicates an exposure of pulp tissue and can trigger pulp degeneration if left untreated.
However, all of the above symptoms can be symptoms of other types of dental problems as well and do not necessarily individually indicate the need for a root canal. Only a dentist can properly diagnose a need for root canal treatment after a physical examination and testing. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.