Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. MahanteshYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from mouth ulcers and I got a pain when I eat food. It's happens with me every month, so give me some suggestions what I should done.
A girl of age 4 is bitting her teeth while sleeping why? Moreover we need to consult a child specialist or a dental doctor for this problem?
My teeth are straight but are not properly aligned. So after braces I will have a perfect bite .i am 21 years old .will it change my face appearance and jaw ?
When the pulp of the tooth becomes inflamed, septic or lifeless, one needs to go through the root canal treatment.
My mouth from inside is not good due to excess acid in stomach wall of the inside mouths is full with ulcers and its keep repeating.
A sparkling set of shiny white teeth can make a smile more appealing and infectious. Yellow teeth can be extremely embarrassing and annoying. The important dental tissues that make up a tooth include the Enamel, Dentin, Cementum and the Pulp, of these four tissues, the enamel (the white and hard teeth surface) and the dentin (pale brown) are responsible for the tooth colour. Any damage to these two tissues bring about teeth discolouration and factors that contribute significantly towards yellowing of teeth include:
- Poor dental care and hygiene like improper and inadequate flossing and brushing techniques.
- Unhealthy lifestyle habits like chewing of tobacco and betel nuts, smoking, excessive consumption of alcohol, tea and coffee.
- Certain medical conditions and treatments (chemotherapy and radiation) can adversely affect the dentin and the enamel. Antihistamines are also known to stain the teeth. It is best to avoid mouth washes containing Cetylpyridinium Chloride.
- With age, the enamel tends to thin naturally exposing the dentin that lies underneath it.
- Fluoride intake in excess can stain and discolour the teeth.
- Yellow or discoloured teeth can also be genetic.
Yellow teeth, though frustrating, can be fully treated. The mode and success of the treatment is largely influenced by the extent of the teeth discolouration.
- Avoid smoking and chewing of tobacco as much as possible. Control the intake of drinks and foods that can stain and discolour your teeth.
- Practice healthy dental hygiene. Brush your teeth twice daily.
- Some whitening agents (over-the-counter) can be effectively used to treat yellow teeth.
- Dental veneers are a great way to deal with yellow teeth.
- For a healthy set of white teeth with pearly shine, visit your dentist every six months.
In addition, several natural and homemade remedies can also prove to be beneficial
- Nothing can treat yellow teeth more effectively than baking soda. Brushing your teeth with toothpaste mixed with baking soda (about a quarter teaspoon) can do the yellow teeth a world of good. Using a mixture of baking soda with vinegar (white), lemon juice and hydrogen peroxide is an effective natural remedy.
- A healthy practice to get rid of yellow teeth is to rub the teeth with orange peel every night.
- Rubbing the teeth with Strawberry paste will help to reduce the yellow stain greatly.
- The benefits of lemon are known to all. Brush your teeth with a mixture of lemon juice and salt. Wash it off after a few minutes and the yellow tinge will be a thing of the past.
- Charcoal, Apples and Basil leaves are powerful natural ingredients to treat yellow teeth.
Your smile is precious! Do not lose it to yellow teeth.
Respected Sir. My father is suffering from some black spots on internal lower lips. But these spots doesn't make any trouble and one more thing that he is using tobacco in leaf form. Plz clarify what is this?
My brother is 50 year old and suffering from" minimally invasive squamous carcinoma" he has been a smoker throughout his life. Now doctors have advice him operation followed by radiotherapy but he doesn't want to go under a knife. This outgrowth is in the lower part of the tongue of the size of 2 rs coin. It has appeared since mid march. Please advice, can he be cured?
Replacing the damaged, decayed tooth with an artificial one on an artificial tooth root is known as Dental Implant. In this procedure, the lost root is replaced by a compatible metal, on which a tooth crown is then built. In dental implants, sound tooth are not touched for support, unlike in root canal and extraction.
Mechanism of Dental Implant:
A strong, biocompatible material is used to make screws, which are inserted into the bone. Titanium is the most preferred material, and because of its unique property of osseo-integration (fuses with the bone), it fuses with the bone to reduce bone loss after the tooth is gone. In most cases, the titanium screws, which act as the root for the implants are placed into the bone and allowed for some weeks to few months to fuse with the bone. Then, an interim crown may be used until the screw is ready to take on an implant.
The screw is periodically monitored and once it is completely accepted, then an abutment is placed on it. This acts like a stump or a root, over which a crown will be placed. Though most implants are done for replacing single teeth, in many cases, multiple teeth may be replaced using abutments. If the missing teeth are adjacent to each other or in the same quadrant, then a denture might be overlaid over the abutments. Alternately, a partial denture may be used which is screwed over an abutment.
Advantages of Dental Implants:
- Eating becomes comparatively easier with implants rather than sliding dentures, because they function like your own teeth
- Unlike removable dentures, implants are much more comforting as well as convenient
- Better overall appearance of teeth, since they are made to fuse with the bone
- Higher self-esteem as you will feel better about yourself
Generally, dental implants have a very impressive success rate (up to 98%). This can differ, however, based on the placement of the implants.
If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.