Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified ENT Specialists in India. You will find ENT Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find ENT Specialists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment of Tonsils (Tonsillitis)
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Hearing Testing Techniques
Nasal And Sinus Allergy Care
Cochlear Implant Procedure
Ear Micro Surgery
Treatment Of Hearing Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. MahadeviahYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am a 25 year old male and I am suffering from rosacea. For that my nose size is too big please suggest.
I am having cough since 3 days. I can't sleep properly at night nor can work because I keep on coughing. My throat always itches and I can't stop coughing. Please suggest some cure to get relief from this cough.
Sir, from last 7-8 years I have been suffering blocked nose problem specially left nose with headache. How I can cure it ?
I am 43 year old I snore and bite teeth in sleep my wife wakes me up all night and feel unsleep in day time I have my own business and a lot of business tension.
How To Take Care Of Your Ears?
1) Avoid unnecessary and excessive use of earbuds.
2) Avoid staying too close to a loudspeaker for a longer duration
3) Do not insert sharp or pointed objects in ear for cleaning.
4) Use earplugs while swimming.
5) Listening to music on a headphone at a high volume for a long time can cause deafness.
6) Avoid using otc medication like drops or tablets for ear problems. Always consult a doctor.
7) If you experience sudden hearing loss, take your doctor's appointment as soon as possible.
Hi I am 69 years, for last three months, every month, I get sore throat fever only and the evening two days later get cold and gets ok in two weeks, it is being repeated for last three months. Please advise.
I am 49 years old male (weight around 61 kgs.) staying in the city of chennai, south india. I am a pure vegetarian. I am a glaucoma patient since 1983, when first diagnosed. I lost vision in my right eye by the time of diagnosis. Since 1983 I am using timolol maleate 0.5% eye drops twice daily for both my eyes and from the year 2001 my doctor suggested me in addition to timolol maleate to instill latanoprost for my left (has almost normal vision) eye at bed time to prevent any further damage. Now regular monitoring shows iop as very normal. Now my problem is not relating to eyes, but the timolol maleate I am using for past 32 years. As far as I could get information from the internet timolol maleate is beta-blocker and for the past 3 years my ldl & vldl levels are on the rise and hdl on the lower side for unknown reason though there is no major change in total cholesterol. I am not a diabetic (regularly monitored) nor hypertensive. Family doctor suggests to take drugs for the abnormal lipid profile. The other symptoms I am facing for the past 2 months are (1) total fatigue, (2) frequent cold with nasal discharge, (3) drowsiness, (4) shallow breath, (5) ringing sound in ears etc. I just wanted to know whether these symptoms are due to prolonged use of beta-blocker (timolol maleate eye drops), so that I can place before my ophthalmologist your observation and prevent any other future complications.Please tell.
Drinking complain in summer is necessary or without it we can drink milk. because I have heard that it will make the body hot in summers and cause nose bleeding.
The inflammation of the tissues around the sinuses is a condition known as sinusitis. This can be triggered by a number of factors including a common cold and pollen allergies. The symptoms of acute sinusitis are -
- Facial muscle pain
- Stuffiness of the nose
- Running nose
- Loss of smell
Sinusitis is an uncomfortable condition on its own, but can also lead to a number of other complications. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating sinusitis without causing any other side effects. Here are a few ways to treat sinusitis with Ayurveda.
- Steam inhalations - Steam is a decongestant that can successfully clear congestion and make sinusitis less painful. This can be done five to six times a day. If your sinus is causing excessive pain, this should be repeated regularly for at least a week. In cases of chronic sinusitis, you may even continue this form of treatment for two years.
- Nasyam - Nasyam is one of the five therapies of detoxification according to Ayurveda. It treats sinusitis by administering medicated oils or herbal juices through the nostrils into the body. Nasyam acts by attacking and removing excess humor in sinus cavities. This improves the flow of oxygen in the body, and thus also helps treat the pain that is a result of your sinusitis.
- Ginger-Garlic - Ginger and garlic have a number of medicinal properties. A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with honey can help reduce the congestion caused by sinusitis. This should ideally be had early in the morning, as soon as you wake up and may be repeated in the evening. Similarly, create a concoction with crushed garlic, turmeric, and honey, in the ratio of 1 tsp each of garlic and turmeric and 2 tbsp of honey. Have 1 tsp of this concoction daily.
- Jala Neti - Neti is a yogic purification method and jala neti refers to purification by water. This is a simple technique that should be practiced daily to relieve problems related to sinuses. Fill a neti pot with lukewarm water and a little salt. Position the neti pot such that the spout is in one of the nostrils. Breathe through your mouth and tilt your head till the water starts flowing from one nostril to the other. Once the pot has been emptied, repeat the process with another nostril. This can be repeated any number of times.
- Change your diet - Ayurveda is a lifestyle and hence diet is a very important part of the treatment. Avoid cold and oily food. Starting the day with a glass of lemon juice and water is also said to be beneficial to sinusitis patients. Processed foods, chocolates, liquor, carbonated drinks etc are other things to be refrained from when treating sinusitis with Ayurveda.
Related Tip: Ayurvedic Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction?