Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M.parvathiYour feedback matters!
June 1 mensuration cycle starts. Bleeding will be 4 days. June 28 approximately next menstration cycle bleeding starts. Now give me the information to have sex to avoid pregnancy. Tell me in detail about stages of fertility. On which days chances of pregnancy more. And on which days chances of pregnancy very less.
A little more about Weaning:-
Weaning can be defined as a process where there is a gradual transition from an infant's diet to a fully grown adults diet. Weaning is considered a period of complementary feeds, which helps an infant to establish a better connection with food. Weaning can also be considered as a process of developing infants taste buds. Weaning should always be introduced after 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding (from birth to 6 months).
Since the entire process of weaning takes a lot of patience and perseverance, mothers are expected to be creative to bring the best introductions in her child's menu. It is more of a trial method for the new mum, as it helps her govern a basic taste of her tiny tot.
Below are some points which can benefit both the new mum and the baby towards effective weaning.
Points to be kept in mind for a fruitful weaning:-
- Feed only supple or soft foods:- To avoid the potential risk of choking, which can be common with the foods like apple, grapes, nuts, popcorns, The rule here to follow is to make sure that the food fed, should be soft enough to get mashed between the finger and the thumb. It becomes very important to go choke free. One can conveniently start with blends.
- Offer purees and nutrient dense meals:- Weaning should be a gradual and relishing process and purees play a vital role in resetting the overall process since they are loaded with important nutrients and are also easy to digest, they can be an ideal meal to begin for the growing infant.
- Diversify the baby's prospect as a part of growing:- Babies like to see the world as a process of constant change and learning. Including wide varieties of mild herbs like basil, turmeric in his daily weaning diet, will help in developing a stronger immune response.
- Discourage the use of salt, sugar and honey all together:- Do not encourage the use of salt and sugar till the baby turns one. They can prove to be very heavy on the baby's tiny developing system, without contributing much on a nutritional front.
- Go slow and enjoy the overall process :-Considering this period as a time of bonding with your baby, by doing so you will be able to help your baby attain a healthy, positive and fun loving rapport with the new mum and the food, which will last with the baby for rest of his life. By any sort of force feeding involved, baby can get rebellious and might never want to have food at all.
- Encourage self-feeding:- By encouraging it, the baby will eventually learn the process of self-feeding. Self-feeding will help the baby to have a better grip over fine motor grip and also help him be more independent. Self-feeding should be monitored under vigilance and allow baby learn self-feeding by himself, in spite of some futile attempts.
Weaning should be a gradual, happy and a positive process, which should be initially done at a turtle pace. It should evolve as a learning process for both mother and the baby since that will help them to establish a better understanding and connection with the food habits. Weaning can sum up to the benefit of new mum by attaining a better understanding towards baby's food preferences.
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are infections that you can get from having sex with someone who already has the infection. The causes of STDs are bacteria, parasites, and viruses. These infections often do not cause any symptoms, and can still be passed unknowingly from the infected partner to the other. However, some common symptoms include genital itching, lesions, flu / fever like symptoms and feeling pain / pressure in the lower part of the stomach.
There are many kinds of STDs including Chlamydia, gonorrhea, genital herpes, syphilis and HIV.
The important thing to understand and know is that these STDs can be prevented.
3 ways of preventing STDS are:
1. Precautions before having sex
There are some things you can do to reduce your risk of contracting STDs before having sex. This include:
- Limiting the number of sexual partners
- Talking honestly with partners about your sexual history
- Getting tested, along with your partner, before having sex
- Getting timely vaccination against HPV and HBV
If you have been diagnosed with an STD you should tell your partner about it and also explicitly ask your partner if they have had an STD.
2. Practice safe sex
Use a latex condom every time you have sex and use a water-based lubricant. If your sex life involves intercourse, anal or vaginal, make up your mind to never have sex without a condom. If you or your partner is at a high risk of STDs, be consistent about barrier use during oral sex as well. Avoid sharing towels or underclothing to reduce the risk of an STD. Check the expiration date of the condom and make sure that it has an air bubble, which shows it has not been punctured. Dispose the condom properly and never reuse it.
3. Don't drink Alcohol or use drugs before having sex
It's impossible to make responsible choices about your sex life under the influence of drugs or alcohol. When you are under the influence of any one of them, you are not in your mind and are likelier to choose a partner you wouldn't have picked otherwise. In that case, you may be at a higher risk of contracting an STD. Also, if you are on birth control pills and you vomit, the pills could lose some effectivenes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
She is 27. During her menstrual cycle she feels immense pain in her abdomen area. Kind of muscle contraction. 1st day she vomits around 6 times a day. 2nd and 3rd day vomiting stops but 2nd day she experiences pain. 3rd day is fine. Every month she is experiencing this. Is it normal to have that much pain? Can the pain be medically lightened? Pls advice for medicines if possible. She takes homeopathy treatment but the doctor is not able to give the remedy yet. Thank you in advance.
Hi Doctor, My age is 23 and I am suffering from PCOD. I want to know what kind of treatment is beneficial for this problem. Ayurveda, homeopathy or whatever. Thanks.
Actually I and my boyfriend had protective sex but still I got pregnant and had miscarriage as I wasn't aware of it. Is this possible?
I am 39 week pregnant. Today gone for ultrasound in which everything come ok. But weight of baby come 3.9 kg. For which my doctor told to get admit we operate and done delivery. What should I do as there is no pain and not any discharge come yet. Please advise.
As your pregnancy progresses, changing positions may become necessary for your comfort. After the fourth month of pregnancy a woman may notice feeling dizzy or nauseated while lying flat on her back. This is related to the weight of the growing uterus pressing on major blood vessels. Positions may need to be altered at this time.
A water-based lubricant may be used during intercourse if necessary.
During intercourse, you should not feel pain. During orgasm, your uterus will contract. If you have any contractions that are painful or regular, contact your doctor. Also, discontinue intercourse and call your doctor immediately if you have heavy vaginal bleeding (light spotting is normal) or if your water breaks (nothing should enter the vagina after your water breaks).
Talking to your partner about how you are feeling about sex and any concerns you have will help you stay comfortable. Also, encourage your partner to communicate with you, especially if you notice changes in your partner's responsiveness. Communicating can help you both better understand your feelings and desires.
Hello sir. My name is babita. And I m suffering with primary infertility. Treatment is going on and I m diagnoses with fallopian tbe TB. N I am asked to continue medicine for TB for two month and said that after that iui will be performed. I want to know that can I conceive while taking medicine for TB and will it be better to indulge in unprotected relationship during my medicine course. Sir help me plz.
After how many months I come to know that my partner is pregnant, still I get pregnancy confirmation can I have sex every day?
I had sex on 24th June, and my date is due on 27th June. I got a pinkish blood on 29th June. Is it implantation bleeding or is it due to ipill? And we had unprotected sex and I took ipill after 7 hours. Can I be pregnant? And later the period stopped.
Hi, My Frnd Had Intercourse (Unprotected) On 31st Of August 2016. Her Periods Where From 17th To 21st August. It's a 5 Day Cycle Mostly Regular And Sometime Date Changes. She Didn't Had Full Penetration Just Her BF Inserted His Tip Into To Vagina. Once And Then He Fingered Her. After That He Ejaculated Outside. So Is It Possible That She Could Conceive? She Is Just 22 and Worried. Or Will She Get Her Regular Period Any Chance Of Getting Pregg By Pre Cum Or Something. Please Suggest Some Food That Will Help her To Get Her Periods Or To Get Early Period. Thanks.
I'm 20 years old extremely skinny girl. Like every youth, I too masturbate. But I feel that since I started masturbating, I started suffering from the problem of white discharge. Now, I masturbate number of times a day. I want to control it but still I'm not able. What should I do to stop it? Is it just a myth or what? I have read severally that it is a healthy and natural phenomenon. Then why this white discharge? I'm totally confused. Though I've had a checkup and my doctor told me that I'm anemic. But I didn't told him about my masturbating routine (though I told him about white discharge). Does it means that I was anemic or infected since such a long time when I started masturbating (2-3 years ago)? Or it is because of masturbation? And is masturbation responsible for my skinny body? Please clarify everything to me in detail.
Hi I am a 31 years women with 101 kg weight. I have pcod problem. I have 2 yes kid. Just now I have started taking garcinia fruit extract to lose weight. Can I take it and pl suggest me good diet sheet to reduce my weight and solve my pcod.
I am feeling mysterious diffuse pain and discomfort in mine left breast. Nothing positive on investigations and test. All of a sudden this diffuse pain and discomfort troubles me alot. Few say. At the age of 45 setting of breast may be the cause. Or perimenopause symptoms. But really. The pain and discomfort I feel and face. Is unbearable. At that time it seems. As if I am not even able to breath properly. What can be the reason. How to get rid of this trouble or got it treated.
Hi am 15 weeks pregnant. My doctor as prescribed me to drink milk adding mother horlicks or baby & me powder, am unable to drink 2 times as I feel vomit sensation. So can I drink once milk in the mrng and evening tea or coffee. Is tea or coffee effective during pregnancy.
Hello, what is the semen life in condom? Can it be preserved for later use taken from condom after 15-20 min of sex? Can somebody put a false rape case or get pregnant by using this semen in future? Its now one and half month of the incident when some body picked my condom and taken with her after 15 min of sex. Please help can something wrong can happen with me?
Vulvovaginal candidiasis refers to the infection of the vagina, accompanied by itching in the vulva. It is caused by a particular strand of yeast known as candida albicans. There are several reasons, which contribute to the onset of vulvovaginal candidiasis, some of them are:
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy is a time when the body of a woman undergoes a plethora of changes. With the upsurge of certain hormones, this is also the most potent time when they tend to suffer from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Higher dose of estrogen: Estrogen is responsible for maturing the vagina as well as provides glycogen which facilitates the growth of candida albicans. Subsequently, older and younger women, who are less prone to estrogen disorder, suffer the least from vulvovaginal candidiasis.
- Uncontrolled diabetes: Those women who suffer from uncontrolled diabetes for a long period of time are more susceptible to vulvovaginal candidiasis. Although the accurate reason is yet to be known, according to research, the presence of excessive glucose in the blood triggers the production of yeast in the vulva and the vagina.
- Weak immune system: A strong immune system is a boon, which only few people enjoy. Consequently, the very reverse, a weak immune system is extremely fatal, one that invites several complications; vulvovaginal candidiasis being one of them.
- Stress: Excessive stress and exhaustion may also be considered as a probable reason that causes imbalance in your system.
- Hormone replacement therapy: Estrogen is commonly held as a possible culprit that causes vulvovaginal candidiasis. Therefore in those hormonal replacement therapies, where estrogen is artificially administered into the body significantly increases the risk of an impending vulvovaginal candidiasis.
In spite of its frequent occurrences, it is possible to treat this infection. Some of the ways by which it can be done are:
- Anti-fungal cream: Those creams, which negate the growth of fungus are, for obvious reasons considered as the most preferred choice to combat vulvovaginal candidiasis. There are plenty of anti-fungal creams available in the market, which can be misleading, therefore you must choose wisely.
- Diflucan: This medication works wonders in treating vulvovaginal candidiasis. This must be orally administered under the doctor's supervision to enjoy the results.