Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. M M BaigYour feedback matters!
I have bad smell coming from my mouth. And two teeth are damaged by germs. What should I do to control bad smell from mouth?
I am 19 years old and I get mouth ulcers very often. I consulted lot of doctors but I still suffer with it. What should I do?
Dental implants are a type of a treatment that is carried out to replace missing teeth. During the process of extracting a damaged tooth, the root and the crown are removed. So, a dental implant involves placing a tooth on a precise titanium insert which is surgically placed on the jawbone. These supporting inserts are placed in the jawbone because they fuse with the jawbone (similar to orthopedic plates) and thus provide a strong foundation for the replacement teeth.
Why tooth loss matters?
A missing tooth or teeth can not only take away from the beauty of your smile, but tooth loss can also have many negative effects on your oral health, including:
- Bone loss
- Shifting and drifting teeth
- Bite changes
- Chewing difficulty
- Wearing down of remaining teeth
- Changes in the jaw joint
Types of implant placement
Whether an implant is placed immediately or in 2 phases depends on a variety of factors like bone density,initial fit of the implant during surgery,the other teeth,area of jaw,loads received during chewing etc.
Dental implant placement can be of two types
- Immediate single stage placement: In this type we place an implant and give you at least a temporary crown immediately,followed by a permanent crown shortly thereafter.
- Delayed (2 stage) Implants: Such a placement is usually to safeguard the implant from any early forces when its just healing and fusing within the bone.After the placement the implant is kept covered below the gum for 3 months and uncovered after this period to give you a permanent crown.
Now that you know about the different types, it is time to move on to the benefits of getting these.
- Long lasting: Compared to other treatments such as tooth bridges which last for 5-10 years, dental implants can last for an entire lifetime if maintained properly.The only part to replace is the crown.
- Mimicking natural teeth: Your replacement teeth will feel similar to your actual teeth, so you do not need to worry about your self-image issues. Flash that wonderful smile of yours without thinking over it the second time.
- Preserve surrounding teeth: When an implant is inserted in place of a missing tooth, adjacent healthy teeth are not damaged.
- Comfort: Dental implants being a fixed replacement they have none of the problems that removable dentures or other substitutes may cause.Patients who replace all of their teeth with dental implants can feel more comfortable talking, smiling and eating.
3 days before my one upper tooth was removed. But both the tooths on both sides of removed tooth are little paining while chewing something.
My wisdom tooth is growing out and causing a lot of pain and swelling to my cheek what can I use to stop the pain?
Hello Sir. My mouth not open fully. Just 2 finger go inside. I have habit to eat gutkha I want to open my mouth fully. Please give me solution.
My friend had orthodontic treatment for her teeth in 2012. Then completed her treatment she got gap between her teeth so what should she do now.
I use to brush twice a day and using Colgate plax mouthwash even though I'm get in foul smell in mouth within hours. What must I do.
Gum diseases can be treated and reversed in their initial stages very easily. By getting the accumulated tartar and plaque removed by a dentist, there is a chance that they can get better without much ado.
Actual my teeth is automatically cut upper parts of the teeth, what is the reason please give reason.
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.