Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lavanya KamatamYour feedback matters!
Am having some problem in my abdomen frequently am getting pain inside my stomach which medicine suits me please suggest.
I am not getting sleep at nights and mornings I'm falling asleep. What should I do to overcome this difficulty?
Is it safe to use alprazolam 0.25 mg alternate days during night time. Dr. Prescribed me to use it for 2 weeks alternate days due to tingling sensation in arm and chest pain. I have never used such kind of medicine. Please tell me is it safe to use or does small amount of it causes addiction.
I am 29 yrs old, married last year in march, i am having pcod problem, will I get any problem in conceiving, I want to conceive soon.
Hello sir I m manoj I was suffering from jaundice. But now my bilirubin is 1.0 but now I m getting new problem. I m unable to do motion.
HbsAg Positive with viral load 689IU/ML. No complications as per blood report and liver ultrasound scan. No treatment suggested as of now by gastroenterologist and suggested to check viral load periodically to overcome risk as and when noticed. Suggest any treatment at this stage.
I am suffering from very poor digestion my opening is so tight ,i cannot evacuate fees also I can't breath easily every time hard constipation persists in my body and the abdomen remains always hard the problem suffering me from 4 years it gives me relief only when I take medicine and when I leave medicine the problem again reappear so please give me the permanent solution to come out this problem.
A whiplash injury usually occurs when your neck gets strained after an accident that causes it to jerk. In spite of the fact that it is normally connected with car crashes, any effect or blow that causes your neck or head to jerk forward or backwards can cause whiplash injury. The sudden shock or force extends and tears the muscles and ligaments in your neck.
Whiplash is usually caused by vehicular accidents. After the effect, the lower cervical vertebrae are constrained into a place of hyperextension while the upper cervical vertebrae are in a hyperflexed position. This leads to an irregular S-shaped in the cervical spine.
The pain of whiplash is regularly difficult to overlook. The symptoms of a whiplash injury may include the following:
- Pain, diminished scope of movement, and snugness in the neck. The muscles may feel hard or stiff.
- Pain while shaking your head from side to side or backward and forward.
- Pain or stiffness while moving your arms to move your shoulder.
- Delicate to touch.
Headache at the base of the skull.
Now and again, pain from the whiplash is very common. In different cases, it can take about a few hours to days before your neck starts to hurt. Over a course of time, a whiplash can be easily healed on its own. To help with the recovery, one needs to consider the following treatments:
- Ice your neck to lessen the pain and swelling when you can after the harm. Do it for 15 minutes every three to four hours for two to three days. Wrap the ice in a thin towel or material to avoid damage to the skin.
- Take painkillers or different medications, as suggested by your specialist. Non-steroidal mitigating drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) or naproxen (Aleve) will help in relieving the pain and swelling.
- Use a neck prop or neckline to give support, if your specialist prescribes it. However, they are not suggested for the long-term since they can easily stiffen the muscles in your neck even more.
- Apply a heating pad to your neck. However, do so after simply following two to three days of icing it first. Use warmth on your neck only after the underlying swelling has gone down.
- Different medications, with a back rub, may likewise offer assistance.
The time of recovery relies upon how serious your whiplash is. Most cases are relieved in a couple days. However, other neck strains may take weeks or longer to recover. Keep in mind that everybody recovers at a different pace.
Once the intense indications of neck strain are gone, your specialist will most likely require you to begin exercising. This will make your neck muscles more flexible and stronger. It will help you both recover and decrease the chances of straining your neck again later on. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!