Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. We will help you find the best Pediatricians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Latiesh Kumar Kambham
Submit a review for Dr. Latiesh Kumar KambhamYour feedback matters!
I'm a breastfeeding mother. If I don't bath for 1 week and more than. It somehow create any problem to lose milk?
My 5 years old daughter had habit of hopping around all time when she did not start school, disturbing me when I am on phone, difficult to tell full story (distracted), doing morningchores without excess nagging / shouting. While she is jolly and wants to play with energetic kids, some how majority of marginally senior kids tend to feel irritated by her (she will tease in ways they don't like .and then when they ask her to stop she will think it's a game and will continue to do it, she doesn't want to share). She is super fussy eater and listens very less to me (my only child). She likes drawing (vivid imagination) and coloring but all are extremely inaccurate, color incomplete. Her handwriting is bad with letters never in boundaries. She makes very interesting things from Lego (after 1 month classes). Initially I faced issues in bringing her to study at home but her tutor was instrumental in her starting studies. Usually younger kids are her good friends as she leads. Does she have ADHD?
Parents are always concerned about their child's physical health, but often ignore their mental health. Along with physical well-being, your child's mental well-being is also equally important.
The following are eight tips to improve your child's mental well-being:
1. Adequate sleep- Sufficient amount of sleep is required for a child to stay mentally fit. Parents often engage their children with various classes and activities and compromise on their sleeping hours. This in turn affects the child's mental state. Therefore, as a parent, you must take care not to compromise on your child's sleeping hours.
2. Allowing them to play- Nowadays, children are overburdened with studies and other learning activities. They do not get to play quite often. But as a parent, you must take care of your child's schedule, so that he/she can have proper playtime too. Playing involves physical activity as well as creativity in certain cases. This helps to improve mental health.
3. Learning to share and care- You must take care to inculcate in your child the values of sharing and caring. These little things can also help improve your child's mental health. Learning how to share with others and caring for others will help them to stay happy.
4. Regular exercise- Encouraging your child to regularly exercise will not only help improve his/her physical health, but also mental health. It will also help them to reduce stress and maintain a good mood as well.
5. Listen to them- Parents often ignore when children are speaking on less important matters; may be about a new friend or a strict teacher in school. But as a parent, you must take out some time from your daily schedule to listen out to their stories. Listening to them attentively will make them feel important, increase their confidence and hence, improve their mental well-being.
6. Encourage them to make friends- Encouraging your child to make new friends will help them to socialize better. They will feel confident about themselves and also open up. This can boost up their mental well-being.
7. Good nourishment- Proper nourishment is not only essential for being physically fit, but also mentally fit. Good nourishment will help them stay healthy physically and increase their energy levels. This in turn will positively affect their mental health.
8. Make them feel safe- Children need to feel safe in order to stay mentally fit. Try and spend some time with them every day. As a parent, always make your children realize that you are right beside them. Listen to their problems and help them find solutions to solve those instead of scolding them. Help them to relax and feel secure to stay mentally fit.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!