Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshminarayana K SYour feedback matters!
I have a pale white line in the left inside cheek that does not go off I consulted a dentist who diagnosed it as line a alba probably due to cheek biting or frictional kerotosis I have pain but irritation is there any home remedy?
Various measures to maintain the right oral hygiene
Hi! I am doctor Diksha Batra from Smile Essentials, the topic for the day is a question that is usually asked, how do I keep my teeth, clean doctor? This is a common question so we decided to come up with 4 easy quick steps for you to look after your beautiful smile Step 1 is a simple thing called flossing but none of us really do it. Flossing is cleaning in between your teeth, it really becomes difficult to use a thread so we recommend a device which is called a disposable plastic. A disposable plastic is a simple device like a toothpick but it is actually better than that. So it is used to clean between teeth to solve all your problems with cavities, gum diseases or even bad breath. Once flossing is done all the loose food debris is dislodged and now you can move to step 2.Step 2 is brushing, all of us do recommend brushing twice a day, once in the day and once at night. We do recommend choosing the right toothbrush, it has to be a toothbrush with soft bristles.
We recommend using a motorized brush as the best mode of cleaning your teeth but if you are using a manual brush the bristles should be soft. We are often asked which toothpaste to be used? The toothpaste can be any toothpaste but it should have a gel component as well as a paste component to protect your teeth not only from cavities but also from gum diseases. Use fluoride which protects your teeth from cavities. Step 3 is tongue cleaning, this is one of the most important steps in prevention of bad breath. Tongue cleaning can be done with either a metal or plastic tongue cleaner just ensure that all the white deposit on the tongue is removed completely. These are the bacterial disease that causes halitosis or bad breath Step 4, of course, is mouthwash, use a diluted mouthwash with one cap mouthwash and one glass of water, make sure to use an alcohol-free product.
Besides these four points please ensure that you are replacing your toothbrush every 3-4 months and make sure that you rinse twice a day even if you can't manage to brush. Also ensure that you are rinsing after every meal, also make sure that you get a dental cleaning every six months to detect any new cavities and to even ensure that there is no gum disease. With this we say that these are the 4 simple steps to maintain 32 teeth and a beautiful smile.
This is doctor Diksha Batra once again from Smile Essentials.
I am 22 year old. I am suffering from tooth gum pain last one day. I am using Colgate active salt toothpaste were it is not so effective. Can anyone sugest me good medicine and toothpaste for this problem.
Sir I have yellowness in my teeth and having bad breath after some time of brushing. And also having staining of my moles so kindly suggest me toothpaste or medicine for yellowish teeth and bad breath.
I brush 3 times a day after every meal but still I'm suffering from bad breaths from last 2 weeks please suggest me some medicine for it.
If you smoke 20 or more cigarettes a day, you're six times more likely to develop mouth cancer than someone who doesn't smoke. So giving up smoking is important if you want to look and feel better.
Most of the people have crowded teeth, so do. But do everyone build up the same amount of tartar? And is crowded teeth is the reason for gum inflammation? Will the alignment of teeth cure the gum inflammation? I don't know if it's gingivitis or not but gums are inflated. And the doc didn't say much as she just advice me to go for braces.
Fluoride products for the teeth have immense importance in dentistry. Fluoride is one such chemical, the balance of which is highly required for strong and healthy teeth. However, there is an optimum amount of fluoride needed for teeth. Anything lesser than that or greater than that can cause harm and serious teeth and gum problems and tooth decay. The best option, therefore, is to get a fluoride based toothpaste or mouthwash, which will keep on providing the teeth with the optimum quantity of its daily dose of fluoride.
The benefits of fluoride products:
Before delving into the types of fluoride products available, let's have a look at the benefits of fluoride on teeth. Fluorides actually save the teeth from dental caries. It happens such that fluoride makes a certain mineral bonding on the teeth which is called fluorapatite. This is not normally found in human teeth, but when teeth damage is done, then to heal it fast this compound is needed to repair the damages. This adds to the mineral bonding in the teeth and strengthens the teeth.
The fluoride products:
The various fluoride based products, which you may use are as follows:
- Fluoridated water: Fluoridating water is a simple process where the optimum amount of fluoride is mixed with drinking water so that drinking the water automatically keeps on adding fluoride to the body and keeps in contact with teeth. This therapy alone is enough and needs no more therapies generally. But not all water reserves contain this, and it's not possible to add fluorides to all water reserves. That is why the other fluoride treatments are needed.
- Fluoride toothpaste: This is one of the most common forms for fluoride treatments. Every common daily use toothpaste contains a 0.22 to 0.312 percent of fluoride, and this is highly beneficial to the teeth for healing of decay and fast repairs. It lets the teeth get stronger.
- Mouth Rinses: Fluoride mouth rinses are an option. The sodium fluorides commonly used in the rinses are used in small amounts in the product which is used just like toothpaste and washed off.
- Fluoride foams and gels: The foam and gel are used when the teeth of the child or adult are under high risk of cavities. The foam or gel is rubbed on the teeth, and kept for a while and then washed off. The typical application time is 30 minutes.
- Varnishes: The fluoride varnishes are just like gels, and they are also used on the tooth surface similarly. It's the choice of the dentist or patient as to which one they want to go with. Besides, these slow fluoride releasing devices, medical supplements and lozenges are also there, which slowly release the optimum amount of fluorides to keep the teeth strong and healing.