Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lakshmi VsYour feedback matters!
My mother is 49 year old. She is a working woman and she feels weakness and tiring most of the time. Is this because of any deficiency of calcium or anything? What should we give her? Any calcium tablet or anything you suggest?
I am 24 age and female I have pcod problem since 6 years. Now doctor said to me it's in cronical stage what should I do?
Hello Dr. I am 30 week pregnant, my Dr. said to me my baby is under weight, please suggest me for my meal.
Hi doc, I wanted to ask you that my wife had a periods 8 days back and now within a week she started with a period again .So I am kind of confused, would be great if you can help out.
Hi I am 24 week pregnant. Sever heart burn feeling like breath stop. please Help me urgently for that
After my wife's delivery of my daughter her menses came back normal for few month but in this month its not coming. While sex we used condom and we test early stage pregnancy (twice) test but its negative, what would be the reason her menses become late and we are from india ,kerala, we moved to qatat a month ago.
1. Raw spinach
2. Raw broccoli
8. Olive oil
I am a 24 years old man. My wife is 21. During intercourse my wife is suffered from a lot of pain. I have sex with around 15 times, yet she feels a lot of pain. So she was unable to found orgasm. Please give me reason of this pain.
What is the chance of an abortion not happening completely with medications and what are the risks.Please tell.
Glutamine is the most abudantly distributed amino acid in the body,it is classified as a 'Non Essential' one,which can be produced by the body.It plays a vital role ,particularly where there is a steep decrease in the serum glutamine levels, due to prolonged exhaustive athlete training.The decrease is however brief,lasting upto few hours ,it can relatively bring immune response to compromise.Glutamine known for its ' Anti- Catabolic 'effect,plays an indispensable role in complete recovery of the exhausted muscles, by simply minimizing the rate of muscle breakdown followed after a strenous workouts and also strengthening immune system ,thus keeping sickness at bay.
For those into Muscle-Building activities,should consider taking under a vigilant supersion of a sport nutritionist, since its dosage cannot be generic for all. Self Assessment should be avoided.
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin which in total has 8 compounds, of which only one compound is useful to humans. This is also known as alpha-tocopherol and plays a vital role in antioxidation process and is believed to improve the overall ageing process.
Read on to know more about its benefits, functions, and sources.
- Vitamin E that is absorbed by the intestine is transferred to the liver, from where only alpha-tocopherol gets re-released into the system in small amounts. So, if your diet contains the other 7 variants, they are excreted by the liver (not required in humans).
- This active vitamin E controls the oxidation process in cells and prevents the release of free radicals, which is the culprit in all inflammatory processes. These can cause heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and stroke. This process is also accelerated by the environmental factors like pollution, UV rays, smoking, etc.
- Vitamin E is also shown to dilate blood vessels and prevent platelet clogging.
- Vitamin E is useful in preventing and treating diabetes and its related complications. Of note, diabetes is also considered as a chronic inflammatory process.
- The nervous system diseases including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, and epilepsy can benefit from Vitamin E. It reduces overall cognitive declines and helps in these disease conditions
- Women are particularly benefitted from vitamin E, including premenstrual cramps, painful periods, hot flashes with breast cancer, eclampsia during pregnancy, and pregnancy complications
- Given their role in energy formation, they help improve endurance, energy levels, and improv muscle strength and reduce muscle damage.
- The antioxidant effect is useful in reversing ageing skin changes including wrinkles and fine lines. Vitamin E is used widely in skin care products including creams and lotions and helps in regeneration of skin and tissue.
- It is useful to control hair loss, which could be due to multiple reasons, including chemotherapy or side effect of drugs.
- It is useful in treating allergies, asthma, respiratory infections, and skin allergies.
- Eye diseases like cataracts and macular degeneration which are generally age-related can be controlled with adequate intake of vitamin E.
- Taken with other antioxidants like niacin, it is helpful in controlling the buildup of cholesterol.
Natural food sources contain enough amounts of this vitamin to meet normal daily requirements, and so consume the following.
- Green leafy vegetables, legumes, and vegetable oils
- Whole grains and fortified cereals
- Fruits and nuts and seeds
- Seafood, poultry, and meat
- Dairy products including fat-free or low-fat milk
Given its wide availability, deficiency is rare, but supplements may be required for premature babies with low-weight and in people with some genetic disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.