Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Lakkanna. SYour feedback matters!
My daughter is suffering from urticaria since past 10 years. She already had taken many medicines but no relief. Please suggest something.
I have dark circle problem and I am not that much old .i am only 21 then why I have problem of that .my skin is very loose .thre is any problem in my skin.
Sir , I am suffering from fungal infection on leg. And usin quadriderm oint. And itrs getting better but some portion of skin still remain dark . Please suggest sir what to use to match my skin tone?
I have problem with my skin. My skin is very dry and I have etching problem on my body please give me a proper suggestion in related to my problem which can solve my issue permanently.
I have chicken pox scars on my face how I remove them please tel me I am very curious Tobermore them.
I have dark complexion. Can you suggest any creams or serums for fast results. My parents searching groom for me. I am to old dark.
I am 31 year old. I have pimples scars and blackheads on my face. My skin is oily. I have followed many doctors for my skin there is no improvement. Recently I am using berberis aqui. Q homeopathic med twice a day. But could you please tell me any cream or sunscreen lotion which I can use regularly. My skin is sensitive to all cosmetics I can not use any product. Please recommend me the best cream or lotion. And Answer one more thing that can I use home remedies with the medicine or cream like lemon or honey mixture? I will thankful to you.
I am 23 years old male. I am very skinny and always feeling fatigue. I have dark circle under my eyes. Kindly suggest me some medicine or diet to become more energetic.
I have in-large prostate since last 10 years and taking one Alfatam-D tablet regularly since then. Controlling urination sometimes becomes very difficult when pressure built up. I become restless. Why is this so? Please advise. Anand Kumar.
I used skin lite cream for 3-4 months then left it. After 5 months I got acne all over my face. I got them treated with medicines and masks but now again after 6 months acne came and this time my skin has small zits and pimples keep on coming. What to do to get normal healthy face again?
Ayurveda believes that the human body is made of 3 doshas kapha, pitta and vata. Most illnesses are a result of imbalance between these three doshas and dominance of patterns and symptoms of one of the three doshas.
Melanin is the pigment that gives the skin its color; higher the pigment levels, darker the complexion. Hyperpigmentation is caused due to excessive melanin deposition, commonly in certain areas of the skin like the face leading to blemishes and dark spots. In fair complexioned people, this could be an aesthetic issue, affecting the personality of the individual.
The following are some common causes of hyperpigmentation:
- Overexposure to sunlight: Direct exposure to sunlight without use of sunscreen.
- Environmental pollutants: Dust and other chemicals, especially in areas with high levels of pollution are more prone to hyperpigmentation.
- Cosmetic products: If they contain chemicals like silicone and hydroquinone, over a long period of time, can produce dark spots.
- Antibiotics and hormone treatments: As a side effect, some antibiotics and hormones used as oral contraceptive pills can produce spots.
- Viral infections like herpes: The scars from infections like herpes and chickenpox would take time to heal completely and can be a cosmetic issue.
Hormonal issues may cause hyperpigmentation and in that case, we need to supplement herbal tablets for better result and better skin health and glow.
Now, let us look at some simple, herbal ways to manage these:
Natural exfoliation of skin: Wash the skin regularly with plain water before heading out and after returning.
Aloe vera juice can be used as a cleanser and toner followed by applying vitamin E oil.
Use the following natural face packs:
- Turmeric: Known for its skin lightening properties, turmeric can be mixed with milk or aloe vera pulp or ghee and applied on the skin. Alternately, plain turmeric can be rubbed on the skin once or twice a day to reduce blemishes.
- Lemon Juice: Application of plain lime juice is considered as an excellent way to reduce dark spots and blemishes.
- Sandalwood: Believed to have great benefits on the skin. Mixed with honey or milk or plain sandalwood as a paste is very beneficial to the skin.
- Tomato juice: Mixed with honey is also believed to be good for skin complexion.
- Water: Drinking lots of water keeps the skin hydrated and helps the skin keep pigmentation at bay. There would be a natural glow and elasticity of the skin, which is very visible.
In addition to these food substances, there are a lot of topical applications like oils (kumkumadi oil, nalpamaradi oil, eladi oil, and kanaka oil). The treatment should be holistic in that along with topical applications there should be overall reduced exposure to sun and sufficient water consumption to wash off toxins and dead skin cells.