Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. KumarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from mouth ulcer since last 4 day. These mouth ulcers comes after every few days and stays for at least 3-4 days. Thanks in advance for your help.
Sir I am suffering from bad breathing problem since from 1 month what should I do please recommend me best medicine so that I should cure my self from these problem.
My upper right 7th tooth got fractured so what is the solution for that what I can do as its paining too much.
तम्बाकू से कोण सी हानिकारक बीमारी होती है मुह में छले कोण सी बीमारी से आते है पैरलल लाई स होने की कोण सी वजे है
A generation ago, we would not see so many adolescents with braces as we do currently. Orthodontics, the branch of dentistry involved in the use of braces to align and move teeth to form that perfect arch, has seen rapid advancements in the past few decades and continues to grow at a rapid pace.
The fundamental principle is that the teeth is held in place by surrounding elastic tissues, and minor constant forces can be applied to align them better. Small metal brackets are applied on the teeth and a wire is passed through them so that there is a constant force on the teeth. The amount and direction of force is managed by the doctor. The younger the age, the more elastic the tissue is, the easier it is to move teeth.
There are two main things to understand in terms of your options, relation of age with orthodontic treatment and the choices of braces.
Firstly, correlation with age. Over the years, more people in their 20s and early 30s are choosing to have braces. Though the teeth and more importantly the surrounding periodontium become less elastic with age, the amount of force exerted is increased and therefore tooth movement is enabled. Also, in older patients, tooth removal may be required more frequently to make space for proper alignment.
Secondly, the choices of the braces:
- In the earlier days, bands were placed around the teeth and a wire was then connecting all these bands to enable tooth movement. Gradually, this made way to small brackets being placed on the front surface of the teeth, and a wire running through it and elastic bands connecting the bracket and the wire. This is the most effective way of moving teeth, though not esthetic. To make it look different, the ligatures could be colored.
- For people who are constantly in the public eye, the metal braces were a deterrent and so lingual braces became popular. The brackets are applied on the inner surface of the teeth and are not seen easily. The amount of force here varies from the earlier one, and not all conditions can be treated by this method.
- The next development was the development of ceramic braces, which are also applied to the front surface of the teeth and can be used in most cases. These are more expensive than the metallic braces.
- Removable aligners is another option, which are trays which need to be worn for close to 18 hours a day to induce tooth movement. This is esthetic and no metal shows during talking or smiling.
So, if you want to improve your smile, visit your dentist and find out how!
Doctor I done yesterday cleaning my teeth by dentist. They given prescription Dr. Reddys mouth wash and rexideve gel then also mouth smelling what to do. How we own understand our mouth smelling or not.
Dear Doctor, I am getting wounds in my mouth regularly. It may last for 3 to 4 days. Is it a symptom for any other diseases or is it a big problem.
I have red rashes in mouth after eating hot meals? What is that? Is the result of heat? What medicine should I take?
One of my teeth in Upper jaw is half broken. Shall I get it uprooted. Also suggest me an effective pain killer as sometimes I feel severe pain in that.
Ulcer treatment that irritate the upper part of the body which means near lungs and also cause bad smell by mouth.
It often happens that one or more tender areas inside your mouth make eating, drinking or talking painful. They might deprive you of a spicy meal or of the pleasure of drinking a cup of hot chocolate. Little sores (know more about the mouth sores) that come in the way of your otherwise content life are mouth ulcers. Mouth ulcers are white or yellow open sores with an itchy red ring around them. They can appear on your lips, at the base of gums, on the soft palate, at the sides of your tongue and in the hollows of your cheeks.
They are formed on non keratinized mouth tissues and can create a constant burning sensation. Ayurveda focuses to improve a person's health through a diet regime, the use of herbal compounds and through the implementation of health practices which are mostly unheard of. This traditional branch of medicine can prove to be very effective if tried out under the supervision of a reliable practitioner. It is because of its usefulness, governments of several countries across the world endorse researches in the field of Ayurvedic medicine.
Take care of mouth ulcers in the following ways:
- Use a decoction of leaves: It is good to gargle with the liquor of a few kinds of leaves; certain leaves can relieve you of the burning sensation. Leaves of the guava tree or mehendi and aamla leaves can be boiled in combination with alum to extract a thick decoction. Washing your mouth repeatedly with this decoction will help you to treat ulcers.
- Remedy constipation: Constipation (know more, how to get relief from constipation) has been steadily associated with mouth ulcers. To remedy this problem one can take Triphala Choorna.
- Avoid anything piquant: Compromise on taste and turn away from hot and spicy food. Not having anything hot and peppery results in immediate relief. Tea, coffee, curd, pickles and even tobacco or alcohol should not be consumed during this period.
- Try Licorice: Chewing a piece of licorice can help you in getting rid of oral ulcers. Licorice is known to counter any kind of mouth decay. It also benefits the health of your teeth. When this is boiled in water, you can sip on to the resultant sweet drink and almost forget pain.
- Try Chebulic myrobalan: Chebulic myrobalan needs to be consumed in its powdered form. You can add honey to soften the powder. Use of this compound will surprise you with is effects.
- You may apply Irimedadi taila: Direct application of this oil on the ulcers can be of great use.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
- It may come as a surprise that some 20% of all orthodontic patients are adults. But it really shouldn't! When you consider the social and professional advantages of investing in your smile, the benefits are clear. Plus, with the less-noticeable orthodontic appliances that are available today, many people are able to receive this treatment in a more discreet manner.
- Healthy teeth can be moved at any age. But as an adult, you'll have more choice in the way this is accomplished. For example, if it's appropriate in your situation, you could opt for clear braces instead of traditional metal appliances. You may even be able to get the results you want using lingual braces, which attach to the tongue side of your teeth, or clear orthodontic aligners, which are transparent and removable. Both of these appliances offer a method of treatment that's virtually invisible.
- There are a number of different orthodontic appliances that can be effective in different situations. Which type of treatment is right for you? Let your dentist help you find the best way to get the smile you've always wanted — it's never too late!