Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Kumar BYour feedback matters!
My heart is beating so fast when I lie-down. I couldn't sleep properly because I feel very uncomfortable hearing heartbeat. Is it something which require medication?
I am 20 years old and have been detected with high cholesterol a month ago my reports are = ldl - 141 hdl- 51 vldl - 24 tc/hdlc ratio - 4.29 ldlc/hdlc ratio - 2.81. But it was a month ago and I am sure that my ldl has been reduced, but my course is still continue, I have been taking lipifol d3 for it and I am going to check my cholesterol after 15 days But a knew problem has arrived As I was taking more stress for cholesterol my BP has rise to 166/94 & why head was paining badly & after 1 day my BP has reduced to 142/85 & my head pain has stopped but I am continuously feeling pulsating sensation nerve everywhere in my head And my nose part between eyes is paining. Actually my head was paining 3 days before checking my BP Is it something serious and my doctor has told that it is also because of cholesterol and once it get controlled it will stop please have your opinion about it and is neurobin forte ok for me.
I am a 21 years old male. Whenever I sleep by lying my total body on the floor, If I rotate my body 90 degrees left side, then I am gradually getting heart pain which is troubling me alot. In case if I rotate my body 90 degrees right side, then there is no pain everything will be as usual. I couldn't understand what actually the problem is. Please guide me in this aspect.
Hey I have been having tight heart or cheat pains 5 times a day and it feels like it is squeezing or crushing me what should I do.
I am 36 year old male, I have taken lipikind 10mg and telmikind 40mg tablet, my last lipid report total cholesterol 121 mg/dl, triglycerides 126 mg/dl, HDL 38 mg/dl dt. 9/7/15 and I got 17/1/19 next report is total cholesterol serum 208 mg/dl, triglycerides serum 263.10 mg/dl, HDL 52.9, VLDL 52.62, LDL 102.48 Note: 20 days before given a sample I was eating a pnuts, desi ghee, coconut. Know I want to know that I will concern to any doctor regarding the report or wait for 3 month and change my life style and continue with my old medicine.?
What are the reasons for high BP early in the morning on awaking from bed around 6.00am. I have BP measuring between 162/105 to 142/88 and taking two medicines daily; Erital H40 in the morning before breakfast and amlodipin 0.5 mg( Amlopress) in the evening at 9.00pm
The heart's electrical conduction system plays a very important role in cardiovascular functioning. Also known as the atrioventricular (AV) conduction system, it regulates and controls the timing of the heartbeat.
How does the heart's electrical conduction system work?
There is a collection of electrical cells in the upper right atrium of the heart known as the sinoatrial (SA) node which acts as a natural pacemaker and generates electrical signals. These signals travel through specialized electrical pathways and stimulate the muscular walls of the heart to contract in a rhythmic manner. This gives rise to the heartbeat that pulses at a specific frequency every minute.
What is the effect of fluctuations in electrical activity on the heart?
The standard heart rate in human being ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute. It slows down when a person sleeps and speeds up when one experiences physical or emotional heightening. These fluctuations are triggered by the brain or other systems of the body and signal the SA node to generate charges more rapidly or slowly. This leads to spikes and drops in the heart rate, depending on the nature of the situation.
What happens when there is dysfunction in the heart's electrical activity?
When the heart's electrical conduction system does not function properly, it leads to the occurrence of a condition known as arrhythmia or abnormal heart rhythm. This happens when electrical impulses are generated in an irregular manner and causes tachycardia (rapid heartbeats) or bradycardia (slow heartbeats) which takes place in jarring infrequent tempos.
What causes fluctuations in the heart's electrical activity?
There are various kinds of triggers that cause the heart rate to fluctuate. The exact nature of fluctuation also depends on the type of trigger. A few everyday examples of these causes are as follows:
- Exercise and strenuous physical activity increases electrical activity as the heart is required to beat faster so as to increase the supply of blood and oxygen to the muscles.
- Sleep and rest reduce heart rate as the body is not needed to exert itself.
- Release of adrenaline into the bloodstream causes the heart rate to spike up.
Related Tip: How Does Ayurveda Help Heart Patients?
Feeling odd and feel bad also see hezy and light headed at evening after work. Feel very tired but at morning it good again start afternoon. Have hypertension. Is that for high pressure or any thing else.
Could you recommend a set of tests to ascertain heart health? I'm a 64 year old male in excellent health.
Hi. My father has high B. P. 180 nd 200 at both side. His heart size has increased. What is the reason behind it. Is it curable?
My dad is 46 years old and he has both blood pressure and diabetes. He is 94 kgs and he is having trouble with these lately. Pls tell how he must control his bp and diabetes.
Im having this very severe pain in the left side of my chest. And only in one spot. And my left arm feels a little weak. Everytime I move a little it feels like a nail piercing through that spot. And when I raise my left arm upto my shoulder level, it hurts allot in that spot. And when it hurts more, breathing also becomes difficult.
Love:It does make the world go round. With millions of songs and movies that have this emotion in its center, can it really be any other way? From early life, love acts as a security blanket from our parents, a growing up adventure with siblings and an out of the world experience with pets. When you learn to care and love, it becomes a life habit that helps you find happiness in all situations.
In several Harvard studies over the years on finding the 'secret of happiness'and the connection between happiness, health, and love, one common undisputed fact emerged that love and good relationships keep you healthier and happier. There really is no medicine like having someone to love and share a life with. Note that you need these reasons for being in love but it is great to know them any way.
- The heart and love connection: Our heart has been connected with the emotion of love for so many reasons. Historically, the heart was thought to be the seat to thinking, emotions and memories. It beating extra hard during excitement and love gave an automatic connection to the two. This popular notion continued to take center stage even after it was scientifically proven that the heart only pumped blood while the brain took up other functionalities. The association remains strong until date where the beating heart as a life source is associate with love - which makes life a happy place.
- Love can boost your immune system: A research by Ronald Glazer and Jan Kiecolt-Glaser suggested that couples who engaged in positive conflict resolution had a higher functioning immune system than those who didn't. Which means, if you get into an argument, you need to play fair and play nice. Couples who argued and stonewalled showed a larger decline in their immediate immune system functioning. Some connection!
- Love more, live longer: According to a 2004 study by the CDC, married couples had the lowest mortality rates. Generally speaking, people who are in committed, loving relationships experience less stress which translates to improved heart health. Happy and loving relationships also coax us into giving up risky behaviours like smoking, especially when you want to raise a family. This in turn propels a healthy lifestyle.
- It can reduce your pain: Pain is a feeling when we are physically harmed internally or externally and its intensity is controlled by our brain. But the heart plays an equally important role in its intensity - i.e. reducing it. If you hold the hand of the person you love, it can minimize your feelings of pain. No wonder then that women in labor hold their husband's hand to tide through the pain!
- Love can keep your heart happy: Love increases the feeling of bliss and elevates you into a different sphere of optimism, energy and sense of well being - all of which go into keeping your heart healthy.