Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurosurgeons in India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Krishna ChaithanyaYour feedback matters!
Hello,. I am 42 years old and I am suffering from severe back pain. I have this pain for last 2-3 months and I am not getting relief from so. Not only this but I have a pain in my legs also but not much as my back but it makes it difficult for me to climb stairs as my home is on the the second floor. I am suffering from migraine also so I have headache most of the times. I am using various ointments and medicines but there are of no help. I need a immediate help. I consult a doctor long time back for the treatment of the diabetes and blood pressure and I am consuming the same medicine for so long (zoryl m1 and repace h). Pls help me.
Sleep apnea is a disorder that affects nighttime breathing and is caused by either a malfunction in the brain that temporarily stops sending signals to the muscles that control breathing, or by an obstruction in the airway.
Causes of Sleep Apnea-
It occurs when muscles in the back of your throat relax, tonsillitis, adenoids, obesity, middle-aged, heart disease, stroke, sedative medicines, large neck circumference, large tongue etc.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea-
- Feeling of excessively sleepy during a day
- Lack concentration and low memory status
- Short temper
- Hyperactive children
- Leg swelling
- Impotency in males
- Frequent waking up for urination in night
- Tiresome feeling in morning
Homeopathic Treatment of Sleep Apnea-
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat sleep apnoea but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for sleep apnoea treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines for Sleep Apnea are-
- Arsenicum Album: Arsenicum album is often prescribed for individuals who have breathing difficulties at night and is considered for people with a fearful, tense and agitated response to illness.
- Lachesis: Lachesis is a remedy prescribed for conditions that worsen at night. This medicine is designed for people who are typically fearful and anxious, but also prone to jealousy and excessive talking.
- Sulphur: By reputation, sulphur is a commonly prescribed homeopathic remedy, especially for nighttime congestion and sweating. Homeopathic sulphur combats a wheezy cough and congested head, both of which are suffered in sleep apnea.
- Spongia Tosta: This remedy for croup may help congestive sleep apnea sufferers as it treats respiratory symptoms that worsen when lying down.
Before taking these medications, it is important to visit the doctor who will take a detailed case history of your problem and prescribe the right dosage and combination of medication.
After high sounded with anger to pupils, it should be cause of epilepsy? Sir I was angered to my 15 years child on basis of studies. Next day, he fill stroke of epilepsy more than 10 times in four hours for a second. What I do before going to doctor? Is it my mistake?
I am 63 years old male having mild diabetes but very much under contro through medication and regular exercise. I am getting numbness on my left toes during morning walk of late. It subsides after 15-20 minutes or immediately on resting. I was treated for sciatica few years ago. Please suggest long lasting remedy for my problem which persists even while standing continuously for more than half an hour.
I studied competition exam in 2014. That time I am nervous and stress too. I think very much about my success and failure. One day I have pain in brain. I take declorine tablet. But after some time I consult a doctor and he tell I have migraine. I taking medicine long time but I have no relief.in fact I doing every thing but I can not consontrait on my study. I can not explain what is this but my study is stopped. And than I join a job. Now since 2 year I doing job. I have no problem. But whenever I watch TV or reading books I can't focus fully and I can't study like my school days. I want to ask you why my study is affected. I think I never doing study now.
Hello sir, My uncle has met with brain stroke 3 years back. As of now he is gud but his left hand is just like we keep the hand when fractured and his fingers are closed just we close our fingers. Nerves are clumsy and are not free to move. His ring finger makes all fingers to be close. His fist is always closed due to tight fix of nerves. Is there any injection to free up nerves so that he can easily open and close his hands.
My son is heaving seizures but has normal eeg and MRI. His age is 1 year and was born in eighth month. Will these end with time.
I am 23 years old. One year back I done the operation on my head because tumour on the brain. They successfully removed. The report is coming grade 2. Present the removed place was coming to water babul type. Why they coming water babul.
She is suffering from migraine headache since 5 months please suggest which treatment should I prefer. Is it ayurvedic or allopathy or homeopathy for quick relief.
Met with a two wheeler road accident about a year back, had severe head injury,went under surgery and under medication(Keppra 750 mg) for the past one year and not to stop for another two years, advised not to drive any vehicle and not to travel, restricted movements affects regular routine life and earnings, making me to go under depression and questioning why should I am alive and why I got rescued
Respected Dr, I am posting my wife details as she is under treatment to psychiatrist, she is under treatment since june-2014. We got married in the month of november 2008 she got this problem after miscarriage of six month pregnancy which was unfortunate miscarriage. Before this she got two miscarriage first in the year 2010 at the third month of pregnancy it was ectopic second in the 2012 same at the third month but not ectopic and last in the year 2013. Her blood group is o positive. She has problem of epilepsy too for which she was under treatment before marriage and after marriage too she was taking valpro cr-200 under consultanty to Dr. Shashendra saxena- neurologist. All the report and test related to pregnancy are normal. Under any of the she is normal but whenever there is change in medicine she get epilepsy problem my and her age is 42 years we want a healthy baby I came to know about doon nursing home the it has both psychiatrist and gyno so I got some hope for getting both the treatment at same place which may be helpful by gods blessing and yours kind advice. At a time my wife is taking pyne-50 and colna-0.25 and during taking these medicine she is not having any problem as psychological or epilepsy. Now please give me yours kind advice about hope of of healthy pregnancy without any problem and treatment neuro or psychological problem.
Cerebral palsy is a term used to describe a broad spectrum of motor disability which is non-progressive and is caused by damage to brain at or around birth. It is a disorder which develops due to damage to CNS and this damage can take place before, during, or immediately after the birth of the child. The damage won't worsen but remains constant. However the child may appera to worsen if not given proper intervention not because of an increase in lesion in the brain but just beacuse the damaged brain is not able to cope up with the physical demand of the growing body and the increasing demand of the environment surrounding the child.
- Genetic causes: First or second degree consanguineous marriage.
- Intrauterine virus infection: Rubella and cytomegalovirus infections which lead to severe brain damage along with associated visual and hearing problem with cataract.
- Hypoglycemia: Low blood sugar for long period lead to brain damage and epilepsy. Cerebellum is more vulnerable leading to ataxia and visual problems. Infant of diabetic mothers are more prone to hypoglycemia.
Trauma to the mother:
- Infection to the mother can make the baby prone to develop it.
- Malnourishment of the fetus especially in case of twins.
- Exposure to the mother’s abdominal area to repeated X-ray radiation, prolonged use of medications like steroids by mother.
- Prematurity: Premature babies are prone to brain damage either due to trauma during delivery and later on due to immature respiratory and cardiovascular system. Therefore, they are likely to develop hypoxia and low blood pressure also, they are more likely to develop low blood sugar, jaundice and hemorrhage because of liver immaturity.
- Vascular causes: Occlusion of the internal carotid or midcerebral artery during birth can on many occasions lead to hemiplegia.
- Trauma: trauma can occur either due to disproportion, breech delivery, and forceps delivery, distortion of head and tearing of tentorium.
- Asphyxia: It can occur by accidents and burns which could be as a result of knotted umbilical cord, cord around the neck or prolapsed cord. Multiple deliveries can cause asphyxia of the second or third infant.
- Neonatal meningitis: Usually associated with severe residual brain damage.
- Delayed cry: Causes asphyxia to the brain causing CP.
- Severe jaundice: Presence of high levels of bilirubin cause basal ganglia damage leading to athetoid cerebral palsy and high tone deafness.
- Trauma: Fall of the body after birth.
- Infection: Like meningitis, or encephalitis can cause brain damage.
TYPES OF CEREBRAL PALSY:
- Basically cerebral palsy children manifest in three common ways spastic, athetoid, and ataxic.
- Spasticity seen in cerebral palsy is usually knife that may change with change in position, which means that spasticity may vary from supine to prone.
- Athetoid cerebral palsy children exhibits slow, purposeless, wormlike, involuntary movements which flow into each other. It occurs due to basal ganglia damage commonly seen in children who suffers from an attack of jaundice following birth.
- Ataxia in cerebral palsy occurs due to cerebellar damage. Both balance and coordination is affected.
PHYSIOTHERAPY TREATMENT OF CEREBRAL PALSY
- Physiotherapy is one of the most important treatments for CP that usually begins soon after being diagnosed and often continues throughout life. Special devices and equipment are needed for some people with CP to help them with specific problems like,
- A child who develops uneven leg length may need to wear special shoes with a higher sole and heel on the shorter leg.
- Some people who are not able to walk alone may need to use canes, crutches, walkers, or wheelchairs.
EXERCISES IN SUPINE POSITION
Normalizing tone of the muscles: For cases with hypo tonicity slow passive movements, sustained stretch, cryotherapy over the muscle for 15 to 20 minutes, stimulation of antagonist movement and vibrations are used. On the contrary, for cases with hypotinicity weight bearing, joint compression, rhythmic stabilization, vibrations, cryotherapy in brisk manner and taping can be used.
Weight bearing exercises: Weight bearing exercises are necessary to promote development of tone in muscles and also to maintain the absorption of calcium into the bones. Thus the patient should be given activities like bridging, supine on elbows, sitting with weight bearing on the affected arm, and standing should be given as soon as possible within the limitation of the patient’s general medical status..
Skillful TAPING gives a tactile feedback which helps in faster development of tone in the muscles. Weight bearing exercises for the involved upper limb has also been found to be beneficial in preventing this.
Bridging Exercises: The child lies on supine position. Therapist flexed his both the knees n then helps him to lift his back from the mid area so that weight bear on his legs. This should be done in 10 -15 repetitions. Then do bridging on 1 leg and then another.
Stretching and Mobility: The muscles should be maintained at the appropriate physiological length for normal muscle control and normal postural adjustment. In CP because of delay or absence of normal movement muscles are usually in a shortened position hence stretching of the muscles is essential to increase the neuromuscular control. Length of the muscles should be maintained not only through stretching but also through various functional activities.
In supine position, the therapist holds an object so that the child grasp that object by moving his body, in this rolling activity plays an important role. The child rolls right and left to grasp the object sometimes lifting his back and limbs too.
The therapist do some exercises in vestibular ball so that child balance and coordination improves and this is the best spine stretching activity.
Good neck control and developing trunk control by using vestibular ball, he lied down in ball and doing movements that extend his spine and head is looking in upward direction.
EXERCISES IN SITTING
The therapist should hold and support the child in sitting position. Time should be noted daily.
Exercises in vestibular ball to correct the balance. Sit on the vestibular ball and then shift the weight from right side to left side by rolling the ball.
Reaching far objects: As the child sitting in the ball then the therapist should stand in front of him and tell him to reach the object that the therapist holds.
Sit to stand activities and kneeling activities, sit on the toes, sitting by cross leg by maximize wide base of support
EXERCISES IN STANDING
STANDING IN BOTH THE LEGS: The therapist should hold his knees while standing as the child flex his knees and forward trunk to avoid standing.
SQUATTING: The therapist should try and help the child to do some squats about 5 to 10 daily to increase the muscle power and strength.
WALKING with the help of therapist or a cane and use a tilt board for balancing exercises.
Standing on the side of vestibular ball and do reaching objects so that the child lifts his head in upward position for increasing the extension of neck i.e. neck control.
Developing postural reaction: Postural adjustments are essential if the child is move to move freely and to adjust to various environmental demands rapidly. Motor milestones can be best achieved by good postural reactions. Postural reactions consists of righting reactions, protective extension and equilibrium reactions. Initially children first develop righting reactions. Righting reactions allow the child to orient his head in space so that the eyes and mouth are horizontal regardless of the position of the body. It also helps in maintaining the proper alignment of the head with respect to the body.
Oromotor control training: Oromotor function depends on good head control. Common Oromotor problems are: drooling, problems in sucking, swallowing, body movements associated with speech, jaw, hyper or hyposensitivity and inadequate tongue movements. Hence the therapy should consist of good neck control, developing good trunk control, use of brush to decrease drooling.
Speech therapy helps to control the mouth muscles. This therapy can be of great benefit to children with speech or eating problems. Speech therapy often starts before the child begins school and continues throughout the school years.
Both massage therapy and physiotherapy benefit some people with CP by helping them relax tense muscles, strengthen muscles and keep joint flexible.
Hi, I am 27 years old male, I have nerves problem, shivering problem. I feel fear and palpitation. In my schooling time did masturbation but stopped 4 years before. Can you please tell me any remedy for me?
I am suffering from migraine from past 2 years. What are the precautions can I take to reduce the frequency of headache.
Although surgery is considered to be the first step of treatment in any form of tumor but its feasibility depends upon the type, size and location of the tumor. It is not necessary that every kind of brain tumor might require surgery.
Indications of Brain Tumor Surgery
- Diagnosis of the type of tumor by taking a sample of the tumor for laboratory examination
- Complete resection of tumor
- Removal of the tumor as much as possible to slow down its growth and improve the symptoms.
- Remove the tumor in order to help other treatment
- Provide direct access for other forms of treatment like chemotherapy, radiotherapy etc.
- To relieve pressure caused by tumor on surrounding structures
Types of Brain Tumor Surgery
The different types of surgery that are performed in cases of brain tumor include the following:
1. Craniotomy: Craniotomy is the most commonly performed procedure to remove brain tumor along with a piece of bone. The removed bone is replaced and the tumor is sent for histopathology (biopsy). The surgery is performed using a high end microscope by any of the following techniques:
- Extended bifrontal craniotomy
- "Eyebrow" craniotomy (supra-orbital craniotomy)
- "Keyhole" craniotomy (retro-sigmoid craniotomy)
- Orbitozygomatic craniotomy
- Translabyrinthine craniotomy
2. Shunt: A narrow piece of flexible tube with a pressure regulated valve in between is called a shunt. This is used to relieve the intracranial pressure caused by obstruction of the natural brain fluid (CSF) pathway by tumor mass. The procedure involves insertion of a drainage system into the brain to remove or drain excess of blocked fluid into the peritoneal cavity.
3. Stereotactic surgery: This surgery is done by creating a three-dimensional image called stereotaxy using computers. It aims to find out the location and position of the tumor. In fact it can also be done to aid tumor removal, implant radiation pellets or for other treatments.
4. Embolization: It is a procedure used to reduce the amount of blood supply to a tumor by blocking the blood flow in the selected arteries. It is generally performed before the main surgery.
Endoscopy and endoscope assisted surgery: Endoscope is the tool which helps to closely visualize the tissue through small openings in difficult to reach areas. This tool can be used in various brain surgeries to precisely reach the target location without damaging the adjacent structures.
Adjuvant modalities to improve outcome: In addition to above mentioned surgeries, following surgeries may also be performed in relation to brain tumor treatment:
- Laser surgery
- Photodynamic laser surgery
- Ultrasonic aspiration
- Fluorescent-guided surgery
- Electrophysiological monitoring. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
I have migraine head ache. I hav undergone many treatments. But I m suffering from it again. What should I do.
Any patient who is having seizures or epilepsy should take medicines regularly. A patient who has seizures and on medicine should be seizure-free for a minimum of two years before tapering of dosage. Most of the patients who become seizure free for few months or a year tries to decrease their dose on their own and sometimes stop it, that increases their chance of recurrence of seizures. It's very harmful because it affects their natural history of the disease and the seizures which could be controlled on single drug become drug resistant seizures. When a patient is considered for tapering of dosage. His drug is tapered slowly over few months.