Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kishan PanikerYour feedback matters!
When I brush and eat anything hard lyk apple or guava, blood starts coming from my teeth nd because of this my mouth smells so bad I think I hav pyria so please suggest me what should I do to overcome this problem.
I am suffering from cheek tooth. Few days. If I have take medicine regular then relief other wise I have so pain in my cheek tooth. What I do now?
My gums have been paining for the past several weeks and there is irritation during brushing. What can be the probable treatment for this?
My front tooth was chipped before 8 years and have a crown placed on it now. But the crown placed tooth is a little over the other front tooth and my teeth are a little bit overbite (just very little. Should I go for invisalign six months braces? And is it possible to wear braces on crown?
I have been suffering from sore tongue from the last 7 days. Please suggest me a quick remedy for it.
-- massage the gum pads of your infants during teething, as it will help the smooth eruption of the teeth without irritation.(as massaging will increase the blood flow in the area).
--once your baby gets teeth, brush them with an infant toothbrush. Use water and a tiny bit of fluoride toothpaste (about the size of a grain of rice). You can use fluoride or non fluoride toothpaste (mind it keep the size of toothpaste about the size of rice grain because you still want to minimize any toothpaste that is swallowed.)
--around age 2, your child should learn to spit while brushing. Avoid giving your child water to swish and spit because this might make swallowing toothpaste more likely.
--kids ages 3 and up should use only a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste.
--always supervise kids younger than 6 while brushing, as they are more likely to swallow toothpaste.
My teeth are looking black from inside but they are not paining so what should I do? please help me.
I have sensitivity in my teeth. It pain also. What should I do. I am using colgate sensitive pro relief pest for a month. But not cured.
If we think about what attracts us to a person in general, the first thing that we can think of is a great, warm smile. A good set of well-aligned white teeth is an important aspect of this great smile. However, white teeth remain an elusive thing for most of us. Some of the common reasons for discolored teeth are as below.
- Hypo mineralized tooth structure
- Food habits
- Tobacco smoking/chewing (learn more for Smoking Effect on Teeth)
- Side effects of medication (tetracyclines, for instance)
The degree of discoloration varies widely and also is hereditary. Whatever the reasons, there is the option of tooth whitening, which is effective with optimal oral health and good oral hygiene habits. Tooth whitening is not for everybody though, the following are the definite contraindications.
- Teeth with fillings: The bleaching agents work best on natural tooth structure. Whether it is a crown or a veneer or a bridge, the bleaching agent will not work on these tooth-colored fillings and composite resins. On the contrary, using bleaching agent on a tooth filling can produce uneven whitening. The teeth without fillings will appear lighter than those with fillings. If the person has discoloration due to fluorosis or any other reason, then it is ideal to complete any pending restorative work before initiating tooth whitening procedure. This should be allowed to settle in for about 2 weeks. After that, whitening should be undertaken which will ensure the best results and match with the composite filling/veneer/crowns. In people with multiple restorations, whitening can result in uneven coloration of the teeth and so veneers or crowns would be better suited than whitening.
- Sensitive teeth: Sensitivity is an indication that the dentin is exposed or is covered by a very thin layer of enamel. Whitening agents will not work very well in these cases.
- Poor oral health (gingivitis, worn enamel, cavities, and root decay): The whitening agent can irritate the gums or penetrate the existing decay or worn enamel leading to sensitivity. The tooth whitening agent works on the enamel, and as the tooth surfaces do not have enamel, they do not produce a whitening effect.
- Age: Hydrogen peroxide which is the most common bleaching agent is not safe for use in children below 16 years of age. The pulp chambers are quite high and the tooth is still forming, so bleaching agents are not to be used.
While choosing to go for tooth whitening, one thing to bear in mind is that it is not a permanent solution to discolored teeth and might require repetition of the treatment. Having a detailed discussion will help set realistic expectations and achieve optimal results.