Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kiran Joshy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran JoshyYour feedback matters!
I have throat problem. From last 2 month. Itching, down voice, cough, red throat. May be swelling also. Checked from ent doctors but no improvement. Please suggest me. I am worried about it very much now.
Hey doctor I am suffering from night fail from last 2 months. It happens in 3 times in week. Please suggest me something to get rid of this problem.
Hello sir, My penis is not so hard. So unable to enter in vagina. Kindly help. I am a diabetic. Take normal diet. Veg and non veg.
I have cold and cough for last 15 days for which I have consulted many doctors and also regular taking haldi milk what should I do to get ride of this cold and cough?
It’s not just painful but also very irritating to have that odd neck, back, knee or any other muscular pain. Just sitting and waiting for the pain to go is something that we just cannot do. We want instant relief! Some of us wonder how we even got this pain. Asking around we find answers such as an incorrect posture of the body, too much of physical stress on a particular muscle or staying still in one position for a long time. Right, long working hours sitting in front of a computer.
- Ayurveda dives a bit deeper to find out the cause of muscular pain. According to Ayurveda, the muscle pain is caused by collection of harmful toxins in a particular area of the body which blocks the smooth transportation of essential nutrients, which leads to the aggravation of the “Vata” element in the body and causing muscular pain. There is no exception to any age group from this pain.
- Once again, body, diet and health, are all inter- linked. Ayurveda says a prominent way to avoid muscular pain is our diet. Cheese, cakes, meat, processed food, caffeine are strictly to be avoided by Ayurveda. This is because these kinds of foods dry up the muscles making them stiff and causing pain.
- If a person experiences muscular pain, Ayurveda has natural and chemical free methods to manage the pain. The main method is the practice of Abhyanga. It includes the application of oil all over the body, and massaging the areas where pain is experienced gently. This improves blood circulation with the nutrients needed all over the body. The heating properties of the oil stimulate the same.
- At Dr. Vaidya’s, we have innovative products which help in prevention and management of muscular pain. One of them is the evergreen super popular, Rumox Balm. Rumox balm is a special Ayurvedic formulation that has an anti-inflammatory properties and an analgesic effect. Apart from treating swelling and muscular pain, it also provides relief from all types of arthritic pain.
- Another product tried by thousands of our loyal customers is Sandhivati, which is a strong formulation for treatment of arthritis. Composed of Maharasnadi Quath Ghan powder and Mahayograj Guggul powder, this product is used for effective treatment of muscular, joint and arthritic pain.
- We also have special herbal massage oil called Nirgundi Oil, a formulation of Til Oil, Castor Oil, Sarsav Oil and Nirgundi Extract. It is to be gently applied over the pain affected area.
- We have a range over thirty products that include your daily use products such as Herbodanty, medicine for cold, cough, shampoo etc. Our in-house doctor, Dr. (Mrs.) Surya Bhagwati (BAMS, DHA, DHHCM, and DHBTC) can help you build your Ayurveda knowledge and help diagnose any medical issues you may be suffering from. Following our founder, Dr.Natoobhai Vaidya. Legacy we continue to offer free consultation to all our patients. We strive to be one of the best Ayurvedic Clinics in Mumbai while following his beliefs of providing high quality medicine, superior customer care and to be dedicated to our patients welfare.
My mom is facing gastric problem for a long time. She often feeling pain while she is cooking or sleeping under blanket. I mean to say that in the hot weather she doesn't feel comfortable. Could you please give me some home remedies so that by following this she can overcome this problem naturally?
TB is a major health problem in India, with nearly 12 lakh people getting diagnosed with the disease each year. The fact that more than one-third of the cases of TB remain undiagnosed, or are diagnosed but proper treatment is not opted for, makes it even more difficult to deal with the disease. Moreover, the TB bacilli, which causes the disease is present in its latent form in 40% Indians who possess a high risk of developing TB but do not exhibit any symptoms.
Who are prone to TB?
Although TB can affect people of any age or physical condition, some people are at a higher risk of developing the disease than others. People who are more prone to TB are:
- Anyone with a weak immune system
- Small children and elderly people
- People suffering from diabetes or detected to be HIV positive
- People who have been exposed to immunotherapy or have consumed steroids for a long time
What is the classification of TB?
TB is curable, but for correct treatment, it is necessary to diagnose the type of the disease correctly. TB can be broadly classified into the following types:
- General TB: In this type of TB, the bacilli show sensitivity to most drugs required for treating the disease.
- Multidrug-resistant tuberculosis (MDR-TB): In this form of the condition, the bacilli show resistance to two major drugs required for treatment of TB, Isoniazid, and Rifampicin.
- Extensively drug-resistant tuberculosis (XDR-TB): This type of TB is rarely observed and is caused by a bacilli which show resistance to most drugs including Isoniazid, Rifampicin, any fluoroquinolone and to at least one of three injectable second-line drug - Capreomycin, Kanamycin, and Amikacin.
- Moreover, TB is also classified in two other forms - primary and secondary. Primary TB is the form, which affects a person who hasn't been previously exposed to the infection; whereas secondary TB refers to the reactivation of the infection in a previously infected person due to decline in health and immune system.
What are the treatment options available for TB?
Treatment of TB involves intake of certain prescription drugs for about 6 to 9 months. It is strongly recommended that the treatment is continued till the end and the drugs are consumed exactly in the way suggested by the physician. If the intake of drugs is stopped before the requisite period, the condition may relapse; and if the medications are not consumed correctly, the bacteria might develop a resistance to the drugs.
Treatment of MDR-TB and XDR-TB is a complicated process as any wrong step might prove to be fatal for the patient. It usually begins by conducting a drug-susceptibility test to identify the drugs to which the bacilli are resistant to. After the test results are revealed, the treatment plan is shaped accordingly and the patient is closely observed throughout the process. Moreover, treatment of drug-resistant TB always includes the use of directly observed therapy (DOT).
Related Tip: How To Prevent Tuberculosis(TB) From Spreading And Safeguard Yourself