Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
What are the symptoms behind the disease flu? What is the measurement taken to escape from flu? Pls explain?
One of the doctor say high uric acid and high protein causes hairfall. Is it true? On the other side, in this app doctors say to intake protein and vitamin e to stop hairfall. What should I do?
Hi I wana know does hamdard qurs asfar tablets are really help in scabies internal infection and cure from roots on pack it's mentioned take 2 tablets twice in a day one in morning second in evening with water can any unani doctor tell me for how long this tablet has to be taken and what other benefits it gives please reply.
I have some sexual problem my balls are so large sometimes it hearts my wife how to reduce the size?
I have GLAUCOMA and CATARACT in my eyes from past 3 years. CATARACT is very minor but in center of my both eyes that troubles me to see. Two days later I have my operation for CATARACT. But due to GLAUCOMA this will not help me much. Pressure of my eyes is14. 6 . I regularly use EVERFRESH drop 4 times a day and LUPITROS drop every night before sleep. Please suggest me something for this GLAUCOMA.
Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. I just had an sex with my girlfriend (age 25) since an year. I believe it's 1st sex for both of us. During sex I never used any precautions not condom, it was continued for 5 times. My question, Is der any possible to get HIV infected to both of us? Is it compulsory or necessary to hav condom and hav sex wit my girlfriend in future too.
Dear doctors, I am snoozing in high sound during sleep of any time, it is due to any defect in body? please tell me suggestions about how to prevent snoozing during sleep.
Painful or difficult intercourse is either caused by psychological or medical factors, such as dyspareunia. It is commonly known as painful intercourse due to various reasons and persistant pain in the pelvis region is a sign of it.
What an cause dyspareunia?
The causes of dyspareunia can vary, depending on when the pain occurs; during deep thrusting or penetration. Sometimes, emotional factors contribute to the cause as well.
1. Entry pain
Pain during penetration may be caused by the following factors:
- Insufficient lubrication: Inadequate foreplay can result in insufficient lubrication. Breast-feeding, menopause or childbirth can also cause inadequate lubrication.
- Irritation, trauma or injury: This includes irritation or injury from pelvic surgery, an accident, female circumcision or episiotomy (incision made at the time of childbirth to expand the birth canal).
- Skin disorder, infection or inflammation: Infections in the urinary tract or genital organs can result in painful intercourse. Skin problems such as eczema can also add to dyspareunia.
- Vaginismus: Uncontrollable vaginal wall muscle spasms can make penetration extremely painful.
- Congenital abnormality: Problems during birth, such as lack of a fully-developed vagina or underdevelopment of the hymen are some underlying causes.
2. Deep pain
Deep thrusting can be attributed to the following causes:
- Certain conditions and illnesses: These include ovarian cysts, haemorrhoids, irritable bowel syndrome, cystitis, uterine fibroids (benign growths in the uterus), retroverted uterus (uterus that is tilted), uterine prolapse (a condition characterized by the uterus sagging from its usual position), pelvic inflammatory disease and endometriosis (uterus lining tissues growing outside one’s uterus).
- Medical treatment or surgeries: Medical treatments such as chemotherapy and radiation or surgeries like hysterectomy (a surgical technique to remove either a part or whole of the womb) can result in dyspareunia.
3. Emotional factors
- Psychological problems: Depression, anxiety, body image issues, relationship problems or intimacy fears can affect arousal and result in pain.
- Stress: Pelvic floor muscles are affected by stress. This contributes to pain during sex.
- Past sexual abuse: Dyspareunia commonly develops in women who have been abused in the past.
The symptoms of painful intercourse include:
1. Pain only during entry (Sexual penetration)
2. Any penetrative activity is painful; even inserting a tampon becomes painful
3. Sudden sensation of pain, especially if sex before was painless
4. Deep pain while thrusting
5. Aching or burning pain
6. Throbbing pain, persisting hours after sex