Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. KiranYour feedback matters!
I brush twice times daily but still there is plaque on my teeth. How to clean ig properly so that it looks purely white?
I am manish and whenever in morning I am doing toothpaste. I am not able to clean full mouth I am feeling within 10 seconds like that if I do more toothpaste I will do vomit.
Hi doctor im having a serious gum bleeding and its swollen as well. At the end its all deep cuts as well. Tried using all types of toothpastes for this prob did not work. Being having this prob for more than 3 months. Hope you can help me with a solution.
I have yellow blackish front teeth from inner side. Suggest me how to get rid from these yellow stains.
Sometime I feel my mouth is very watery while speaking I can feel more sliver in mouth. tongue also gives me sensation n I feel very similar symptoms when you couldn't sleep long hours. I am taking at least 6 hrs sleep. What could be the reason.
My mother have tounge dryness for last 3 months, she consulted many doctors including general doctor, ENT doctor & she tooks many tablets of this diseases no sleeping, thirsy, speak rolling etc but yet not sloved. What is reason behind on this disease ?
I have lot of paon in my bones and also have regular swelling in my teeth. I m suffering alot please suggest me.
He got a gas trouble for these 8 days. We consult a doctor but not relief. He is saying that at night while sleeping a bitter saliva is coming out. A day at night when he coughed we found little blood in it. Sir please help.
Hi, My wife is pregnant and facing a problem of Saliva in mouth continuously. It's big irritation matter for her to take a good sleep because she has to go to washroom due to saliva in mouth continuously. What is the cause of this and also advise some solution for this.
I have removed my wisdom teeth in january, but still I feel some leakage of fluids in my wisdom teeth place. I have applied many gels. I am a diabetic too. (During removal of teeth doctor has used hammer for removal. Please help.
Doctor I have upper tooth (inside) pain since 5 days, i am unable to control the pain, please give remedy for this ?
Hi sir I have problem with my teeth. Whenever I took some cold item to food or drink I feel sensitivity in my teeth. And some time I found blood in the time of brush in the morning. So please give some suggestion for this.
One warning that most children would have heard from their parent or other elders is, 'don’t eat chocolates, your teeth will get decayed'. And, most children grow up believing this to be true. As this is a global statement thus, more and more research has been done to clarify this. (Learn more to maintain Oral Health in Children)
Let us understand in brief the basic process of tooth decay. The tooth is made of mineralized layer called the enamel that is covered constantly with saliva. There are thousands of bacteria in the mouth. Food substances gradually deposit on the teeth and form plaque (learn more about plaque problem). This combination of a moist environment and bacteria on a mineralized structure produces the ideal environment for bacteria to act and produce acids which break down the minerals in the enamel. This is the first step in the origin of decay. The acid produced attracts more bacteria which further leads to worsening of the decay.
Some of the facts correlating chocolates and tooth decay are as follows:
- Chocolates in particular do not cause tooth decay. Very often, children tend to eat chocolates in between their meals and do not rinse or brush. This leads to greater level of plaque formation, thereby, starting off the process of decay. Not just chocolates any sticky foods can lead to tooth decay. What needs to be enforced is a habit to brush or at the least rinse thoroughly after eating a chocolate bar. In fact, this could be used as a reward, and it can help food deposits formed from other foods also to be washed away. The child gets to eat a chocolate, and good oral hygiene is reinforced too!
- Eating a chocolate before the actual meal is a way to indulge. What happens is that there is no sticky residue on the teeth if eaten this way. The child gets to enjoy chocolate at the same time keeping the teeth away from decay.
- Another habit is to make sure that the child eats all of chocolate at one shot than to keep nibbling at it for hours. That way, the chocolate can be managed with one round of brushing or rinsing
- it is advisable to give the child their share of chocolate at night, as most kids brush teeth before going to bed.
- Dark chocolates contain a good amount of antioxidants and are believed to reduce the incidence of plaque formation and therefore, they counter the effect of acids produced by the bacteria.
So, the next time someone talks about chocolates causing all the tooth decay, tell them it is not that bad, you can have your chocolate and eat it too!!