Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kiran AshokYour feedback matters!
My periods will be regular. This month didn't get it. It's already one week over. I want to know y it is like this and what I should do for this.
Hi. Recent I went to doctor I was not feeling well, very tired and without energy. Doctor tested me and said I was pregnant one month. She told me to take a scan. But in scanning report the fetal could not be visualized. And even she said I have complications of miscarriage. I also bleed 3-4 drops of bleed. Please answer my question. Is it so much complicated and what should I do ?
I am a girl of 29 years of age i am having excessive bleeding from last 12 hours after having intercourse with my partner . I have problem of thyroid and i also took medicine to control birth around 13 days back . So i wanted to know what is this bleeding all about ?
Vulvodynia is a medical condition in which women suffer from chronic pain in the vaginal area without any cause. Even today, women don’t often go for proper diagnosis for vulvodynia because of the societal pressure due to which doctors and researchers are still not able to find out the exact cause of vulvodynia.
Types of vulvodynia
1. Generalized vulvodynia: This occurs when there is immense pain in different areas of the vagina. It can occur once in a while or the pain can be constant. Slight pressure or touch on the vagina can make it worse.
2. Vulvar Vestibulitis syndrome: Pain generally occurs in the entrance of the vagina. A burning sensation is felt when pressure is applied on the vagina or during sexual intercourse.
Possible causes of vulvodynia:
1. Irritation to the nerve or a nerve injury can increase the risk of vulvodynia.
2. An infection or a trauma in the vulvar cells can also give rise to abnormal responses which might cause vulvodynia.
3. The vulva can also respond poorly to inflammation due to genetic factors.
4. Yeast infection and hypersensitivity can also cause vulvodynia.
5. Muscle spasm
6. Irritation or allergies to chemical substances.
7. Hormonal changes like menstruation or menopause can also cause vulvodynia.
8. If you have a history of sexual abuse or rape, you are more likely to develop vulvodynia.
9. Using excessive antibiotic can lead to the weakening of the cells around the vagina.
Symptoms of vulvodynia:
1. Rawness, stinging or burning sensation in the vagina.
2. Soreness or acute aching sensation in and around the vagina.
3. Throbbing can also occur on the vagina if you have vulvodynia.
4. Itchiness in and around the vagina.
5. Pain can either occur once a while or all the time during vulvodynia.
6. Walking, exercising or having sex can also cause immense pain in the vagina.
7. The vagina can also ache while walking, sitting or exercising.
8. Discomfort can be felt on your entire vulva.
Vulvodynia can impact a woman’s life greatly. It can disable her ability to exercise or have sex. Vulvodynia can also make her withdraw from her social life or work. It is of utmost importance to book an appointment with a gynecologist as soon as possible if you have vulvodynia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
My friend is suffering from frequent urination. This problem is started from December 2015 she consulted a doctor he has taken urine test in which there is infection in urine. So he gave medicines for 15 days after 15 days everything becomes normal but after a month this started again she used to go washroom frequently after 10 min and only very little urine come sometimes she can't control toilet she has to rush to the washroom very fast. She also feel pain in vagina during urination. Then again she tested again infection came she again taken medicines. Then everything becomes normal. But. This problem takes place some time after 10 days or 15. I don't know what is happening to her. Sometime it happens when she is empty stomach. After having some food she feels good. N she also do dieting. Sometimes she skip meals. N only takes veggies and pulses. No chapatis no rice. So is this problem is due to skipping meals. Also she do not drink milk from 8 year. So can you please tell what is the exact problem?
Here are some tips to manage pregnancy in summers
I am 23 year old girl who is self experiencing the sex by crossing my legs and hold them tightly when I got a erotic feeling am doing this from five or six years . Am I loosing virginity by doing this so? Did not I bleed at my first mate. Am worrying about this kindly suggest me.
Kidney failure and other kidney problems are the leading causes of death nowadays. Common problems that lead to kidney failure include chronic blood pressure and chronic uncontrolled diabetes. However, there are a number of ayurvedic medications which help solve kidney failure and other kidney problems including;
- Punarnava: Punarnava is commonly called hogweed as well but the medical name for it is boerhavia diffusa. It is extremely helpful in preventing micturition, a disorder which is characterized by unexplained fainting after urinating. However, that is not the only symptoms hogweed helps with as it also removes excess water from the body due to kidney failure.
- Varun: Varun is commonly known as caper and is medically known as crataeva nurvala. The diseases which varun is best at dealing with are urinary tract infections and renal stones. Varun also helps in stopping the swelling and extra fluid accumulation after kidney failure.
- Gokshura: Gokshura is known as tribulus terrestris and is an herbal tonic for the genito-urinary system. Gokshura is one of the best ways to avoid dialysis. This is because it stops infections from occurring and also clears obstructions in the urinary tract. It is also very good at regenerating the kidney cells.
- Raktachandan: Rakt chandan is known as p. Santalinus or red sandalwood and is another excellent remedy for kidney problems. It acts as both a diuretic and an anti-infectant.
- Palaash: Palaash, medically, is known as butea monosperma. It is a type of urinary alkalizer and it also stops micturition. A urinary alkalizer is a medication which allows the urine to pass more easily. This is yet another great remedy for kidney failure.
- Kaasni: Kaasni is commonly known as chicory but its medical name is cichorium intybus. Kaasni gives strength to the kidneys and is also a very good alkalizer. However, its most valuable property is the fact that it helps in nephritis and nephrotic syndrome (disorder of the kidneys characterized by protein loss).
I wanted to know if I will get pregnant. My cycle ends on 2nd December and I had unsafe sex on 8th December but we are not sure if my husband ejaculated inside me, we are newly married, so not planning for a baby. Please let me know if there is any risk. What kind of precautions should I take?
Hello Doctor, I usually get my periods after every 23 days. Sometimes I get it after 21 or 25 days. Now as per my date I'll be due for periods on 21 June and after that I'll be due for periods on 14 July. I want to prepare periods for 4 days i.e I want to get it on 10th July. Please help me. How can I get it early?
Hi I get severe stomach ache during periods from past 9 years and I have not consulted any doctor till now, I always take meftal spas which gives me relief. Please suggest me what else can be done apart from taking medicine?
Hai. Am 24 years old. I have pcod. Am planning for a baby. And taking so many medicines for pcod, vitamin,egg growth and all .past 2 days. I feel a pain in my chest .breathing problem. Am taking thyroid medicine also. My gynaecologist suggested to take. My tsh value is 3.5.am so worried. Can't able to speak continuously. Breathing problem.
Hello, I am 26 years old. My period date was 2/7/2017. But still now I have not get my period. My period cycle is 35 days. 2 days I saw small amount of milky discharge, and my nipple was slightly painful. I had done home pregnancy test 4 days after missing my periods. But result was negative. I am worried about this. I do not understand am I pregnant or its period symptoms? please help me. Can I intercourse at this time?
All the blood in your body (about 5-6 liters) passes through the kidneys about 300 times. Which totals to about 1700 liters. It makes around 170 liters of primary urine - which later becomes urine.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and click on share.
I am newly married. We don't want child now but at the time having sex I haven't used condom. So now my wife is feeling like that she is something different feeling or she is pregnant. We don't want child now so what should we do now so as to avoid pregnancy if she had pregnant.
My girlfriend is so fair but her vagina is soo black, thats because of veet, its not good to see. Please suggest me any ointment or any medicine to available for this issue.
Turmeric - a Natural PainKiller
Looking for a medication to relieve pain?
You might have better options!
Turmeric, a spice that gives the Indian curries, their bright yellow color. A powerful herb, Turmeric has been used as a painkiller by many communities for centuries. Turmeric has anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and antimicrobial properties. A strong healer, turmeric rejuvenates, restoring health and has a powerful analgesic action without causing any side effects. In contrast, most of the pharmaceutical prescription medicines available over the counter for pain have many harmful side effects apart from the risk of making the person dependant.
The active ingredient of turmeric is curcumin that has powerful anti-inflammatory properties and is a far more effective substitute to pain killers since it is natural and comes without any side effects. However, it is not easily absorbed in the intestines. Its absorption can be improved with pepper. So don’t forget to add black pepper to your curries to get the incredible benefits of turmeric.
Here are a few analgesic benefits of Turmeric:
1. Most powerful natural painkiller
Pain is the most horrifying sensation. One may suffer from acute pain lasting a few days or chronic pain that may last for more than six months. Pain can occur due to sprain, burn, injury, fracture or may be caused by a disease.
Whatever be the cause of pain, you can get relief with turmeric, most potent natural pain killer.
2. Gives relief in Nociceptive pain
Any somatic pain that originates in skin or deeper tissues or visceral pain that originates in internal organs is called Nociceptive Pain. Turmeric has anti-nociceptive effects and causes relief in pain. Regular pain killers have many side effects like causing damage to internal lining of the stomach, affecting kidneys, delaying muscle regeneration & even posing risk of clotting. Turmeric is known to reduce nociceptive pain from diseases like arthritis, colitis, cancer, degenerative joint pain etc. Even application of turmeric oil on external areas brings a significant relief in pain in contrast to pain killers.
3. Turmeric for Neuropathic pain
Turmeric has been found to be a great treatment for this type of neuropathic pain such as that which occurs in Diabetes.
Dosage for Turmeric
Taking turmeric as part of your diet is very safe. However, you can also take turmeric supplements available over the counter as prescribed by health consultants.
Turmeric offers a great solution from pain and also provides numerous added health and medicinal benefits. Make Turmeric part of your diet to enjoy great Health!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.