Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Khadeer Riyaz
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Khadeer RiyazYour feedback matters!
Oil Pulling is a traditional Ayurvedic way of removing all the harmful bacteria, plaque and decay causing microbes from your mouth. All you have to do is squish oil in mouth for 10-15 minutes and spit it out. The best oil for oil pulling is coconut oil, although it can be done with sesame, sunflower or mustard oil.
Coconut oil has antibacterial and antiviral activity which makes it ideal for bacteria heavy oral region. The antimicrobial power of coconut oil combined with goodness of oil-pulling technique makes your oral health concrete - it can’t get better. Besides, coconut oil tastes good too.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I have sensitivity in my teeth so please give me suggestions about about this problem. I have face this problem about 6 months.
Chewing gum may be made popular as a style statement in the recent past, but in reality, it is as ancient as the Aztecs and the Mayans, who had the habit of chewing gum or bark. Over the years, numerous studies have been conducted to deep-dive into its benefits, and it has been found to be very beneficial.
With the recent fad of foods going sugar-free, chewing gums also left the sugar in them out.
For routine regular oral care, it is advisable to brush and rinse after each meal. However, in cases when one is not at home, this becomes a practical challenge. A good option is to chew a sugar-free gum after each meal, so that decay and gum disease are reduced to a large extent. This can be supplemented with a brushing or flossing as soon as it becomes available.
In addition to avoiding sugar load, there are other benefits of chewing sugar-free gum as listed below:
- Kills microorganisms: It is believed that chewing sugar-free gum for about 10 minutes can kill up to 100 million bacteria in the mouth.
- Stimulates production of saliva: The jaw movement that happens with chewing gum increases saliva production and flow. This helps in diluting the acids in the mouth, flushing out plaque, and removing food particles that are lodged in various areas.
- Prevents decay: With improved salivary flow, the chances of dental decay are delayed. Studies comparing pH of the mouth before and after chewing gum have confirmed that sugar-free gums reduce the acidic level of the mouth, which is conducive for tooth decay. There is no actual sugar in the gum, thereby one of the factors required for decay is eliminated.
- Xylitol: One of the main ingredients in sugar-free gums, it is shown to reduce the amount of bacteria that lead to decay in the mouth. This is an ingredient from fruits and vegetables and so good for the overall health.
- Improves digestion: As is well known, the first step of digestion begins in the mouth. With improved salivary flow and increased chewing, food is digested to a greater extent leading to reduced incidence of acid reflux.
- Boosts logic and memory: Chewing gum stimulates blood flow to the brain and stimulates the neural pathway. This has multiple benefits including improved memory, improved alertness and logical skills, reduced anxiety, and improved learning and memory.
- Saves money: With all these benefits, especially reduced incidence of gum disease and tooth decay, it is estimated that a lot of money spent on dental treatments is saved.
So, the next time you see the sugar-free gum at the billing counter, there is no need to think too much about it, go for it!!
I have a dental problem. I removed my clip which was used for levelling my teeth down. But it doesn't give expected result. Because 3 teeth's came up after the usual taking of 4 teeth's .so there is no space and my front teeth's are big. Can I fix this problem?
I am losing hair quickly and my hair is going white. What can I do for stop this problem. In my teeth pain is always present and come blood at the time of doing brush.
1.EAT FOODS RICH IN VITAMINS AND MINERALS.
2.AVOID SWEETs AND STICKY FOODs BETWEEN MEALS.
3.BRUSH YOUR TEETH AFTER EVERY MEAL ATLEAST TWICE DAILY.
4.USE A GOOD TOOTHBRUSH,TOOTHPASTE,MOUTHWASH AND INTER DENTAL AIDS.
5.VISIT YOUR DENTIST REGULARLY,PREFERABLY EVERY SIX MONTHS.