Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Karthikeyan SivagnanamYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. I am 41 male and for the last five year I am on medication for BPH and doing fine. Just few days back Dr. advised me for Ultrasound of Abdomen. Every thing comes out normal except it showed partially distended Urinary Bladder and but off course enlarged prostate. Also apart from Prostate and partially distended bladder there is something fatty infiltration of liver mentioned. My Dr. Says its OK and there is nothing to worry about. Kindly suggest.
I need solution for mah skin. Because it is oily after 15minute of wash it will become oily again Nd again.
I'm 18 Years Boy and i have really Huge Circles and Lines Below my Eyes, I really doesn't look normal, It was always been there but it increased in few months, And I didn't got proper sleep in last few months too, But Now these circles are grew too much, And I tried homemade things like I slept for 8-10 hours for 1 week I drunk Plenty of water It reduces darkness but The Dark Circles were still present I even tried Hyaluronic acid cream too, But no use How I suppose to Get Rid of Folds and Darkness?
How can take Berberis Aquifolium Q liquid inside? Berberis Aquifolium Q'S side effects and it's profit how can apply my face?
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back I used scar removal Cream for 4 months but didn't see any change what should I do?
I am suffering from Fissures problem. Dr. Has advised me to go for operation, which I don't want to perform. Suggest medications to overcome the problem ?
I have black spots as well as pimples on my black. I used scar removal cream for 4 months but didn't see any changes. What should do?
Sir I am 24 year old male i am having an oil tag on my face near eye how can I remove it please give me an advice.
I am having skin irritation from long time. I went to doctor he suggested me a soap that heals scabies. I am still having the same problem. What should I do.
I have dark circle around my eyes and I also feel pain when I am reading. so what should I have to do?
My lips are getting dark day by day. What should I do to make it change into its original colour? I tried many things but all failed. Please help me.
I am suffering from facial pigmentation and 2-3 days back I tried turmeric with honey pack and used it for about 35 minutes but right after that my face has become more darker than before. What went wrong, did I put more honey or the duration was much longer than necessary? Now my skin looks listless and dull. How to make it more shining and remove the dark pigmentation from my face? Shall I continue using moisturizing cream and aloevera gel or stop it? please Guide.
Sweat is produced normally by the body and it also helps in keeping cool and helps in waste removal. However, only people with excessive sweating know how awful it can be with constant sweating in the armpits, groins, and feet with no reason (anxiety, warm weather, etc.).
It is an embarrassing situation, both in terms of their self image with the constant urge to wipe off sweat with a kerchief and wet underarms and palms and soaked clothes. Imagine when you are meeting someone, and the first thing you have to do is wipe your palm as it is full of sweat!!
This condition of excessive sweating is known medically as hyperhidrosis. While it is normal for people to sweat in warm weathers and in anxious situations, if someone is sweating even in cold weathers and in very routine circumstances, they could be having hyperhidrosis.
How Botox can help?
Botox is a neurotoxin extracted from a type of bacteria. Its medical benefits were accidentally discovered, when it was found that it can be used to disable cells and so can be useful in controlling and preventing ageing.
Botox became the wonder drug, which was used in getting rid of wrinkles and fine lines. It helped restore youthful looks and slowly the medical usage scope kept expanding. Using the same logic of it incapacitating the nerve ending, it also found its use in controlling hyperhidrosis.
Procedure involved in treating sweat with botox:
- What it does is that it will numb the nerve endings which supply these sweat glands, and therefore sweat production is minimized.
- It is a topical treatment and so needs to be done with a particular area in mind. The armpits, palms, forehead, and groin are the most common areas that are treated.
- For instance, when treating the armpit, the entire armpit is marked out as a diamond shaped area.
- Topical anaesthesia would be used to reduce the impact of needle injections, given the thin nature of the skin here.
- Marks are then made about 1 cm apart to cover the whole area, and about 100 units of botox are injected in small amounts to cover the entire area of both armpits.
- A blow of cool air may also be used to reduce sensitivity during injections.
- The procedure is done in about less than 30 minutes and you would be able to return to normal activity.
- The effect will take about a week to 10 days to take effect, and the satisfaction rate is quite high (95%).
- It works very well for the armpits and the palms, the soles are not as responsive given the thick nature of the skin.
- Repeat sessions may be required after some months, depending on the severity of the condition.
- This is a cosmetic procedure and may not be covered by insurance.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!