Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kanchan Koul
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment of Epilepsy
Treatment of Nerve Pain
Treatment of Tremors
Treatment of Brain Hemorrhage
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Schizophrenia
Treatment of Brain Injury
Treatment of Spasmodic Torticollis
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
Treatment of Hyperactivity Disorder
Treatment of Paralysis
Treatment of Hyperactivity
Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
Treatment of Meningitis
Treatment of Stroke
Treatment of Seizures
Submit a review for Dr. Kanchan KoulYour feedback matters!
Iam 37 years male I have migraine I have take medicine but I haven found any positive response please help me.
I am 50 years old. I have numbness in my fingers now the it is transferred to hand also. I want to consult the doctor. Which Department doctor should I go? Should I go to Rheumatologist or neurologist.
I am a diabetic patient since 10 years. My problem is numbness in hands and foot. any permanent cure?
I am 33 years old male and I am getting numb feel from lower abdomen to thigh while driving. What should i do? Please advise.
He's 25 year old and was been diagnosed as myasthenia gravis ocular so he's been advised to take medicine for 2 years and said to be completely alright after than so is it possible? And will he be going to be alright all again? Or ocular myasthenia gravis gonna be generalised? How much chances of getting worsen?
My Wife is 40 years old, housewife, She is having history of Migraine since 20 years which is not regular, during extreme pain she takes Ketrol, Last 5 yrs, during summer June To August, she gets muscular contraction pain, starting from Left hand, sensation in Jaws, heart beats becomes more, sometimes around heart muscular contractions, and extreme headache, This painful session goes away after 4-5 days on its own and NO MEDICINE is relief, almost ALL Doctors puts her on antidepressants with advise to avoid anxiety and tensions, which is not at all a case, In extreme pain case we inject voveran as per pain condition, My Observation after Long visits to noble faculty is that She has migraine, and Fibrosis, and anemic, During this I came in contact with home Doctor, and he advised essential AUREA Gold drops, and this works, Recently when we visited Cardio Doctor, he says DONOT use this, may lead to damage to Kidney, Presently same situation is repeated to wife, and I feel, we should continue with essential AUREA, Please advise.
Sleep is an activity where you do nothing, but rest. You relax your body and mind, you rest your bones and muscles and you rest your eyes after a long day of physical exertion. It is extremely necessary for you to get ample amount of sleep to stay healthy.
Otherwise there are various problems which you might have to face if you are lacking sleep:
- Elevates the risk of stroke: According to study, people who get less sleep are more prone to having strokes than those who get enough sleep. If you sleep for less than 6 hours every day, you multiply the risk of have a stroke four times than ordinary.
- Obesity: Lack of sleep can cause obesity. It usually forces you to take erratic food decisions, leading you to eat a lot of junk food. Less sleep administers certain hormonal changes which make you feel hungrier and believe that you haven’t eaten enough food. The production of the hormone ghrelin, which controls your hunger, increases due to less sleep. Hence, it may lead to obesity if you keep eating without keeping a check on what you eat.
- Increases the risk of diabetes: Sleep and the production of insulin are inversely related to each other. Among teenagers, the less you sleep; the more insulin resistant your body becomes. This means the body is not able to use the insulin effectively.
- Results in poor memory: Less sleep causes tiredness. When you are extremely tired, you are not able to focus on anything going on around you, you cannot concentrate on your work, and you get forgetful. In fact, consistent lack of sleep can even cause permanent loss of memory. This is because you are not being able to fully utilize the memory boosting ability of sleep. This eventually causes brain deterioration which results in permanent memory loss.
- Affects your heart: Lack of sleep can have an extremely negative impact on your heart. Less sleep also causes stress and strain to your body and mind. It results in an increased production of certain chemicals and hormones in the body which is harmful for your heart. According to a study in 2011, people who sleep less than 6 hours every day increase the risk of having heart problems by almost 48%.
It is not very healthy to sleep less as it can complicate your daily life activities. Sleep enough and stay healthy.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!