Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KanakalakshmiYour feedback matters!
I got married 9 months ago and my wife is 33 years old, we are trying for baby however with no result, shall we need to consult a doctor.
I have inserted copper t iud my doctor told me to check it on every fifth day of my period but I want to know that how to check it at home and if I forget it to check on my fifth day of period is it possible to check it on later days of same month. Please reply.
Hi I am trying to conceive today is my 11th day nd doctor did ultrasound and report is left ovary 18*25 and right ovary 25*30. Doctor gave me injection for egg rupture. I wanna ask what is the meaning of 18*25. Is this egg size? Or a cyst? 18*25 it means what is this 2 eggs in my ovary? I bit confused please explain in detail. I will be very thankful to you.
Me n my wife had sex on 1st february on the next day she got period. But from yesterday she got brownish discharge. Is there any chance to get Pregnant?
My Friend had sex in May after which she got her period's regularly in june july august but in September she got her periods with very less blood almost null after some days she got her periods again in sept. Now frm last 2,3 days she's having pain in stomach whats the reason is she pregnant or any other thing.
Sir,My husband working in army i want to be get pregnent next week he will come 30 holiday please suggest and help?
The uterus is a muscular structure held in place inside your pelvis with the help of muscles, ligaments, and tissues. These muscles weaken in women due to pregnancy, childbirth or delivery complications and can lead to severe complications. One such complication is a uterine prolapse. Uterine prolapse occurs when the uterus sags or slips from its normal position into the vaginal canal.
The causes of uterine prolapse are varied and include:
- Delivering a large baby
- Difficulty in labor and delivery
- Reduction in estrogen levels post menopause
- Traumatic childbirth
- Loss or weakening of the pelvic muscle
- Conditions which lead to increased pressure in the abdominal area such as a chronic cough, straining, pelvic tumors or accumulation of fluid in the abdomen
- Loss of external support due to major surgery in pelvic area
Uterine prolapse can be complete or incomplete depending on how far the uterus sags into the vagina. Women who have minor uterine prolapse may not have any visible symptoms. However, if the condition worsens, it manifests itself in visible signs.
Symptoms of moderate or severe prolapse are:
1. A feeling of fullness or pressure in your pelvis when you sit
2. Seeing the uterus or cervix coming out of the vagina
3. Vaginal bleeding or increased discharge
4. Painful sexual intercourse
5. Recurrent bladder infections
6. Continuing back pain with difficulty in walking, urinating and moving your bowels
Without proper attention, the condition can cause impairments in the bowel, and can also affect bladder and sexual function. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
My baby is 11 month year old. I had cesarean delivery. I got too much pain only on stomach and back. Kindly advise me what to do.
Dr. I was supposed to get my menstrual on 28th jain now today is 3rd Feb I have checked once by pregnancy kit also but it is showing a single line so what is the reason I m not getting the problem so please help me out.
Last month I got periods again after 14 days counting day one as first day. And this time it was for 10 days. 3/4 days Before commencement I used to get pinching pain only I the tip of my breasts. It went away after the period started those ended on 6th march. Again I M getting pain in the tips. Some times its really bad, I have to hold them, rub gently, press lightly for few mins. It's more on one side. FYI I am going through a lot of stress. Stress beyond my capabilities. Nowadays. Financial crises, no mediclaim. Is it due to that.. Or is this Menopause. Please help. Pleaaassseee.
In april didnt got my periods. Please help it ws suppose to due 24 th of april bt today its like 15days up. My periods are irregular nd neither got my periods nor got any positive lines on tool test till today. M heavy with stomach pain. Please help.
What is menopause?
Menopause is that phase in the life of a woman when she can no longer reproduce. It involves the loss of fertility and the cessation of the menstrual cycle. The woman will stop bleeding every month and the ovaries stop producing eggs that can be fertilized. Menopause normally sets on after the age of 40 and bleeding may permanently stop by the age of 50.
Post menopausal bleeding
You are known to reach menopause when you have not been bleeding for 1 entire year. Even a small amount of spotting should not have taken place. Post-menopausal bleeding is when bleeding occurs after a year of attaining menopause. It can be a serious health disorder and requires medical attention without any further delay.
Reasons behind post menopausal bleeding
- Polyps that are mostly non-cancerous, unwanted growths on the cervical canal, uterus or ovaries are known to cause post-menopausal bleeding.
- Thinning of the endometrium that lines the uterus can cause unexpected bleeding. It can be due to the rapidly receding levels of estrogen in the blood. It is also known as endometrial atrophy.
- Endometrial hyperplasia is a condition that leads to the thickening of the inner lining of uterus (endometrium). It also leads to the growth of abnormal and malignant cells.
- Endometrial cancer
- Other health conditions such as reaction to hormone therapy, infections of the blood or reproductive organs, certain medications and blood-thinning drugs
- Cancer of the ovaries, uterus or cervix
How it can be treated?
- For diagnosis, you can undergo blood tests, ultrasounds, sonography and biopsy.
- Hysterectomy is done to remove the uterus and cervix can be conducted for a complete cure. It also removes the ovaries, fallopian tubes and other lymph nodes.
- Chemotherapy and other radiation therapies may be done for those who are in an advanced stage of endometrial cancer.
- Medications such hormone regulators must be taken to prevent complications. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Last month after getting intimate she took a contraceptive name unwanted 72 and she had menz but this month she is not having periods she had 2 tests and the result was negative wot shall she do ? Will she go for a lab test?
Madam 8 years back i did abortion two times, now I want child, but i am not getting pregnant. What shall I do?
Cotton swabs or cotton buds, are commonly used in our daily lifestyle. Many people use it for various purposes, such as make-up, bacterial culture, and most commonly for extracting wax and debris from the ear. Even though they are sometimes handy in our busy schedule, they usually cause much more harm than benefits.
How are they misused?
Cotton buds are toothpick like pieces made of wood, plastic, or rolled paper, which have cotton stuck at both ends with a roundish edge. It came into existence during the 1920s for a safe purpose of ear cleaning by Leo Gerstenzang, when he saw his wife cleaning their baby’s ear with a toothpick. And, til now they are used by the general population for ear cleaning, but these hardly remove the outer debris which is stuck near the outer edges. Impressing it inside the ear canal only does further damage, by forcing the inner wax further inside. Sometimes extensive force also causes damage to the ear drums.
How does it cause the damage?
Applying a tool like the cotton bud inside the ear with hands usually creates a force that impresses upon the eardrum, also accumulating the surrounding earwax to that area, resulting in impaction of the wax. The force applied most often, if not always, causes a damage to the ear drums, which might cause severe pain, also leading to leakage, causing improper balance, deafness, and certain similar abnormalities.
Although we are worried about cleaning our ears, it doesn’t really require our notice, since our usual showers allow an adequate quantity of water to enter the ears and clean the accumulated debris automatically. The structure, in which our ear canal is designed, is usually naturally assisting in cleaning up the unusual wax around the ear.
If there is an uncontrollable build up of earwax that is not cleaned off normally, you can always consult an ENT or any general physician and get it cleaned under medical surveillance, which is best advised.
Doctors and medical practitioners all around the world have been trying to spread the message of preventing the use of cotton buds for ear cleaning. It is important that the message reach the greater part of the population. Spread it to your family, your closest friends, their friends, and as further, you can reach!
My wife is five month pregnant. Now she is suffering low thyroid what can I do . She have high blood pressure in last pregnancy. HELP SYNDROME.
Hello everybody, my name is Neeti Munjal. I’m a nutritionist and diabetes educator by profession. I’m a founder of rxocean.com. My day starts with counselling people- how to eat, what to eat, how to eat a healthy lifestyle. It really pains me to see, what is happening around us. Let us look around ourselves, How many of us are actually fit?
Well not many. Either one of us is malnourished or obese. Even children are not spared for that matter. Now the question arises, what has happened during the last decade in India that we have suddenly become diabetes capital of the world. We all are suffering from these lifestyle issues which should have been actually unknown to a developing country like India.
One big factor is our lifestyle and eating habits, which has changed drastically i.e, no cycling to school, excessive reliance on fast food which actually we call it “junk food”- it is high-calorie burgers, pizzas sweets, which provide our body with an instant kick and satisfy our taste palette like nothing else, just because they have so much of sodium, fat, sugar in them. But this high-calorie dose of simple sugar and chemicals is leading to a large number of lifestyle disorders like diabetes, thyroid, PCOD and many others. So Diet and You, my chain of clinics were found in with a single motto to eat right today and tomorrow, rather than looking at quick and dirty solutions that are a fat dieting to ensure that you lose weight quickly.
We really work with you on the root cause of the problem and we work very scientifically to help you get rid of these lifestyle disorders. Our team of nutrition lists and dieticians analyze your current eating pattern, activity, and they closely work with you on what to eat and when to eat and how much to eat. Weight loss is just a byproduct of the work we do with you. remember the mantra is mindful and soulful eating. Lets us not live our life for eating to live, instead enjoy the journey.
What we eat today is what we become tomorrow. you can contact me through Lybrate, through message chat or just give me a call for an appointment.
Mam there 3 years marriage but there are no child. All checkup all tested completed. Time to time period done all are normal but there are no result. What is the reason ? My self.
There are diseases which affect us in spite of us trying to keep them away as far as possible and then there are lifestyle diseases, for which we are largely to blame. It can be said that lifestyle diseases are those, which occur on account of the decisions we make and the actions we commit. Having said that, would it not be interesting to know more about lifestyle diseases?
There are various kinds of lifestyle diseases, which affect various parts of the body. For instance, if a person drinks a significant amount of alcohol, more than what he or she should, then he may soon be affected by a lifestyle disease in the form of liver cirrhosis. Apart from just the alcohol, this condition can also be caused on account of chronic hepatitis.
- Stroke: A lot of people are of the opinion that a stroke is something, which only strikes old people. However, this is not correct. In fact, there is quite a bit of trouble can be caused if this opinion is held and people allow themselves to not care enough about their health using this as justification. Statistically, up to 15% of the cases of stroke in a country such as India occur to people who have not even reached the age of 40. Surprising and scary at the same time, isn’t it?
- Kidney problems: When people think of lifestyle diseases, they most likely think of problems, which are related to the heart. While it can be said that a heart attack on account of bad lifestyle choices has the highest visibility, even parts of the body, which are rarely thought of like the kidneys, can kick up trouble in the form of nephritis. So, what exactly happens when a person has nephritis? Simply put, the kidneys swell up and this causes a lot of pain, which could have been avoided with a reasonable amount of foresight and effort. When this occurs, kidneys create trouble when they need to perform their primary function of purifying blood and complications related to the kidneys can really have a magnified impact on other parts of the body.
- Heart disease: Finally, addressing the elephant in the room, when it comes to lifestyle diseases - heart disease. Around 31% of people who die every year worldwide fall prey to it and the main culprits behind heart failures include smoking, diabetes, and very high cholesterol levels. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.