Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Kafi BoraYour feedback matters!
My periods are irregular since 5-6 months and also I get very severe stomach ache during periods and they last for more than 15 days since few months. My mum and sis are diagnosed with PCOD. Are there chances that I am suffering from the same.
Foods that you must eat to gear up your metabolism and they will help you lose weight:
- Protein rich foods: Protein rich foods, such as meat, fish, eggs, dairy, legumes, nuts and seeds, could help increase your metabolism for a few hours. They do so by requiring your body to use more energy to digest them. This is known as the thermic effect of food (TEF). The TEF refers to the number of calories needed by your body to digest, absorb and process the nutrients in your meals. Research shows that protein-rich foods increase TEF the most. Protein-rich diets also reduce the drop in metabolism often seen during weight loss by helping your body hold on to its muscle mass. What’s more, protein may also help keep you fuller for longer, which can prevent overeating.
- Iron, zinc and selenium rich foods: Iron, zinc and selenium each play different but equally important roles in the proper function of your body. However, they do have one thing in common: all three are required for the proper function of your thyroid gland, which regulates your metabolism. Research shows that a diet too low in iron, zinc or selenium may reduce the ability of your thyroid gland to produce sufficient amounts of hormones. This can slow down your metabolism. To help your thyroid function to the best of its ability, include zinc, selenium and iron rich foods like meat, legumes, nuts and seeds in your daily menu.
- Chilli peppers: Capsaicin, a chemical found in Chilli peppers, may boost your metabolism by increasing the number of calories and fat you burn. Capsaicin may have appetite-reducing properties.
- Coffee: Studies report that the caffeine found in coffee can help increase metabolic rate by up to 11%. Furthermore, caffeine may also help your body burn fat for energy and seems especially effective at boosting your workout performance. However, its effects seem to vary from person to person, based on individual characteristics such as body weight and age.
- Tea: According to research, the combination of caffeine and catechins that’s found in tea may work to boost your metabolism. In particular, both oolong and green tea may increase metabolism by 4–10%. This could add up to burning an extra 100 calories per day. In addition, oolong and green teas may help your body use stored fat for energy more effectively, increasing your fat-burning ability by up to 17%. Nevertheless, as is the case with coffee, effects may vary from person to person.
- Legumes and pulses: Legumes and pulses, such as lentils, peas, chickpeas, beans and peanuts, are particularly high in protein compared to other plant foods. Studies suggest that their high protein content requires your body to burn a greater number of calories to digest them, compared to lower-protein foods. Legumes also contain a good amount of dietary fiber, such as resistant starch and soluble fiber, which your body can use to feed the good bacteria living in your intestines. Legumes are also high in arginine, an amino acid that may increase the amount of carbs and fat your body can burn for energy. In addition, peas and lentils also contain substantial amounts of the amino acid glutamine, which may help increase the number of calories burned during digestion.
- Metabolism boosting spices: Certain spices are thought to have particularly beneficial metabolism-boosting properties. For instance, research shows that dissolving 2 grams of ginger powder in hot water and drinking it with a meal may help you burn up to 43 more calories than drinking hot water alone. This hot ginger drink also seems to decrease levels of hunger and enhance feelings of satiety. Similarly, adding cayenne pepper to your meal may increase the amount of fat your body burns for energy, especially following a high-fat meal. However, this fat-burning effect may only apply to people unaccustomed to consuming spicy foods.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar may increase your metabolism. In one study, mice given vinegar experienced an increase in the AMPK enzyme, which prompts the body to decrease fat storage and increase fat burning. In another study, obese rats treated with vinegar experienced an increase in the expression of certain genes, leading to reduced liver fat and belly fat storage. Apple cider vinegar help you lose weight in other ways, such as slowing stomach emptying and enhancing feelings of fullness. If you’d like to give apple cider vinegar a try, be careful to limit your daily consumption to two tablespoons (30 ml).
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is experiencing a surge in popularity. That may be partly because coconut oil is high in medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs). This is contrary to most other types of fats, which usually contain higher amounts of long-chain fatty acids. Unlike long-chain fats, once MCTs are absorbed, they go directly to the liver to be turned into energy. This makes them less likely to be stored as fat. In addition, researchers report that a daily intake of 30 ml of coconut oil may successfully reduce waist size in obese individuals.
- Water: Drinking enough water is a great way to stay hydrated. Additionally, it seems that drinking water may also temporarily boost metabolism by 24–30%. About 40% of that increase may come from your body trying to match the water’s temperature to its own. Yet, the effects only seem to last for 60–90 minutes after drinking it and may vary from one person to another.
I am 32 weeks 5 days pregnant. I am suffering from uti. Foc give me nitrobact 100 for 5 days. Is it compulsory to do cultural test again.
Will it be any reason for woman not getting pregnant after sex suddenly going to bathroom to clean up their private part?
Me and my wife trying for pregnancy. Her last period was delayed by 50 days. She never had irregular periods. Got after 50 days. Now we are desperately trying for pregnancy. Please help with tips.
I am getting menses on and off every 2 months post delivery my baby is 9 months I want to become pregnant again my baby breastfeeds very minimally and is on oral feeds most of time plzz help any medical means. Am trying naturally from last 3 months but not getting pregnant.
For past three months my wife had 45 day cycle. But we use the test pregnancy test after 40 days only. This month she is on her 33 days. Should we test on 35th day to see results. Please help. Before Marriage she is having normal cycle only.
Sir, I had recently got married and since last two month my breast size is increasing. My weight is also increasing. We have given lot time in foreplay (breast sucking and pressing) activity during sex. Can the breast size is increased by this activity. Please suggest.
Me wife had her periods on 6,7,8 th of August on 10 th of August we had unprotected sex then she took ipill anfer that next week we had unprotected sex and she took ipill in a 10 days she took I pill for 3 times after that on a 22 August she had period of one day only and thick limbs of blood come from her vagina and now its 28 September and there is no sign of periods we done pregnancy test it showed negative what should we do now.
I am six months pregnant my scan is good not having low lying placenta can I continue to my office and I have to climb steps for my office.
I am pregnant with 21st week with 84 kgs but i am not gaining my weight from past two months. Please suggest a diet plan to gain weight.
If we have a cycle of 28 to 29 days. Then when it is safe to do unprotected sex. So that it can not lead to pregnancy .like if my periods date is 11 and it gets over at 15. So when it is safe to do sex.
I am 20 years old unmarried I did not. Get my periods last month is there any medicine in this please help me.
I am pregnant of nearly 29 weeks, a recent test has shown that the level of alkaline phosphatase is very high in my body (range more than 500. What is the effect of it on my baby? Please suggest something.
Sir maine sex karne k bad unwanted 72 li. Uske one week bad muje light bleeding hui. pregnancy test b negative h. 16 march ko date thi. To ab tk period nhi aae .to pregnancy h ya nhi.
My wife is pregnant and she's been with severe cold, cough and headache since 2 days. As pregnant women shouldn't have every medication we're a little worried. Is there any pregnancy safe medicine and syrup for cold and cough, else any home remedy? Please kindly suggest. Regards.
I am 34 weeks 3 days pregnant. Yesterday I went for ultrasound and my doctor told that my baby's head size is big. Is that a big problem? BPD - 87 MM HC - 320 MM AC - 317 MM FL - 66 MM.
Secondary infertility is a condition characterized by the inability to get pregnant, in spite of a successful pregnancy in the past. Usually, after a conception, a woman feels confident about her second conception as well. However, this might not always be the case. This condition can be very frustrating for couples, and can be traumatic for some.
Mental issues such as anxiety, shame, depression and guilt can affect both the partners for being unable to conceive the second time.
The causes of secondary infertility are:
Certain complications resulting from previous pregnancies.
Problems in production of sperm in men or impaired delivery of the sperm.
Damage to the fallopian tubes or other ovulation disorders in women.
Physical changes in the body owing to age, weight and usage of certain medications.
Procedures to Overcome Secondary Infertility:
In order to overcome secondary infertility, these tips can come in handy:
Consult a fertility specialist: If you have been facing this problem for a while now, consult a reputed fertility specialist. The doctor will be able to guide you through the steps you must take and also diagnose any underlying condition. Once the condition is diagnosed, if any, then he can zero in on a treatment course.
Change your diet: If you have been following a diet that misses out on some important nutrients and vitamins, especially Vitamin D that is so crucial for easing the process of conception and reproduction, sit up and rectify it. Eat well balanced meals with a healthy mix of nutrients, so that the body is well nourished and the reproductive system functions optimally.
Exercise regularly: With age, physical activity tends to go on a downward spiral, making you prone to weight gain. Obesity can hamper one’s plans of conception; so if the weighing scale is on the heavier side, then take immediate steps to correct it. Simple exercises such as walking or jogging, done regularly, can help keep weight within optimal levels. It will also help reduce stress levels that will ultimately boost the health of hormones related to reproduction.