Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K T GurumurthyYour feedback matters!
Hello Doctor, Today is my CD 3, I'm suffering from Pcod n TTC since 1+ yrs, my doctor suggested me to take follicular study on CD 9, CD 12 n CD 14. She also prescribed Ovofar for 5 days. Please help me out, what is the procedure of follicular study n how is it useful? What is Ovofar tablet? At what days we can have intercourse (my hubby staying 600 kms far, n nt able to take leave for more than 2 days)? Please help me Thanks in advance.
I am 22 years old. I had unprotected sex and my menses are lare by 1 and half month. I feel unconscious sometimes. Please suggest.
After my 1st intercourse with my husband. I'm bleeding for 3 to 4 days. Is it normal. Bleeding was not so high. I am unable to understand my problem.
I had sex with my boy friend in the month of feb then in march and april I got my period as usual on time in may month still I didn't get period whether pregnancy vil cum?
I'm married with 2 children's .not doing breastfeeding I am feeling pain in my nipples. please suggest..
3 years have passed after marriage and now we want a baby but the main problem is I don't have sex interests. Even in last 3 years hardly we did the sex. I don't think I have any major prob as before marriage I had a girlfriend and our sex life was very good. I had masturbating habit also and I did almost daily. I smoke regularly. Also pls advise the best time to sex to pregnancy. One more thing when I do sex my erection got completed very very soon and my complete sperm got out from my wife's vagina.
Hii dc I had sex with my Boyfriend on 8th of May n my periods got over by 3rd of May. I had unwanted 72 within 24 hours. N then after 5 days. Bleeding started it ws continue till 4 days like normal periods typ. N still I haven't get my periods. The last time bleeding ws on 15th of May after having unwanted 72 n my date ws 29th but still I haven't gt my periods yet. Plzzzzz dc hlp me m really vry worry about it. N plzz tell me wht date should I consider for my periods 15th or 29? please hlp me waiting for your response. Thanks.
I had unprotected sex with my bf on 18th march. I took an I pill within 7hrs of sex. My period date is 23rd march but I started having bleeding on 20th march. Is it my regular period or withdrawal bleeding? Can I get an early period? Am I pregnant?
Hello Doctor, I am 28 weeks pregnant now. Yesterday I had a scan and after which doctor told that baby's AC is little lower. It is around 236 mm. She told that it is because of baby not getting enough nutrition and she prescribed to drink HERMIN ORAL (1 sachet everyday in one glass of water) until I go for next check up (15 days). When I google about HERMIN ORAL I read that it is not safe to use during pregnancy and it has got side effects too. Please clarify me if I shall drink HERMIN ORAL at this time.
Dear Sir, I am a married person and I have one kid of 7 years old. We are planning to get other child for three or four years but in vein. After intercourse all the semen comes out from my wife. And all the day, it continues coming out until it finishes. We tried all the position, and used to put pillow also under the butts of my wife. But I use lubricant during intercourse. Please suggest me what should we do.
I am 35 year old .My follicle size is 19x19 mm on 11 day of cycle. I have not taken any medicine .Is it normal.
Doctor, my girlfriend and I have decided to have sex without protection and we don't want a baby. I don't want to give her any pill. Is there any other options? What about eating papaya after sex?
I started feeling breast pain on left side of my body. If I lift my left hand upwards or if I do any work involving my left hand, I will get the pain. Initially I thought if I work more I am getting pain, but later I realized it's not true. I feel the pain even if I don't do more work. Although I feel less pain most of the time, some times I feel the pain is quiet more. I don't feel tired but I feel the pain. Should I go for scanning of my heart? Kindly advise me and please provide me precautions to avoid the pain. Thank you in advance.
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mood disorder that affects one's interaction and relationships with others. It generally develops during adolescence and persists into adulthood. It has been seen that those with a traumatic history of neglect or emotional, physical or sexual abuse are more prone to developing it. Though it affects people varyingly, these are some symptoms that help diagnose BPD.
1. Emotional instability - Intense feelings of rage, sorrow, anger, guilt and emptiness or loneliness are experienced by some sufferers of BPD. Extreme mood swings, lasting for a short span of time, are common in BPD. They may also have issues with their self-image where they cannot place themselves and don't know what they feel about themselves or who they are.
2. Disturbing thoughts - One may experience disturbed thinking and the range of severity is rather wide. One may question his or her existence and need constant reassurance to believe other, or hear voices that tell one to harm oneself or others. In some cases, hallucination and developing delusional beliefs become a common phenomenon that greatly upset the mental condition of the sufferer.
3. Impulsive behavior - Indulging in impulsive behavior is a common sign of BPD. Those suffering from BPD may develop suicidal tendencies and threaten to self-harm. Partaking in risky and irresponsible behavior such as gambling, drinking, drug abuse, having unprotected sex with strangers, going on unrestrained shopping sprees and shoplifting are not uncommon for those with BPD.
4. Intense but unstable relationships - Sufferers of BPD live in a fear of abandonment and feel that the people they love might leave them. They make all possible efforts to prevent being left alone. They may beg, cling and track their loved ones to avoid being left alone. The opposite may also occur and sufferers might feel that they are being smothered by others. This results in actively pushing away loved ones. A combination of these feelings leads sufferers to give out mixed signals which is confusing and often hurts them and their loved ones.
Related Tip: What Really Causes Personality Disorders?
I am 23 years old female. Didnt get pregnant since last 2yrs of married life. My husband's sperms count 72million and 70%motile. Kindly help me to get pregnant soon.
I am 26 years old, my blood group is a negative an my husband's a positive, I am worried about my pregnancy. If I will pregnant can blood group effect on my child?
Postpartum is the period after one's labour and delivery. Pregnancy and postpartum are a time when a woman's body changes to a great extent in order to first accommodate the baby and then go through labour and delivery. A vaginal delivery can have many implications when it comes to the postpartum. The same goes for a Caesarean Section or C Section as well. Let us find out what your postpartum care routine should include:
- Vaginal Soreness: Deal with vaginal soreness with the help of stool softeners and pain relievers, as prescribed by your gynaecologist. You should also make hygiene a priority at this time. Use a wash cloth and warm water to clean the area every time you urinate. Also, you can use an ice pack if the wound is particularly painful.
- Discharge: Vaginal discharge in the postpartum period is called lochia, and it usually carries on for a few weeks after the baby is born. You must use a sanitary napkin during this period and clean up regularly. If your bleeding or discharge is accompanied by fever, then you should contact your gynaecologist immediately.
- C-Section Wound: In case there is redness and swelling in the wound, accompanied by symptoms like pain and foul smelling discharge from the vagina, you will need to get in touch with your doctor immediately so that he or she can check for possibility of infections.
- Movement: After a C Section, you will need to take as much rest as possible so that the wound heals properly. This includes avoiding making too many trips up and down the stairs as well. It would be a good idea to have a family member or partner around who can help as well. Gentle walks after a week or two are usually recommended for the body to come back to normal gradually.
- Kegels: Do kegels or contracting exercises for the strength of the pelvic floor to return, especially after a vaginal delivery. This will help in alleviating pain and burning sensation during urination at this time.
- Nutrition: Take special care to eat nutritious and home cooked food, especially if you are breast feeding. This will also help in the healing of the vaginal or C Section wound. Also, a high fibre diet will help in better bowel movements which will lessen the pain while visiting the bathroom.
Taking care of your body in postpartum is a matter of bringing it back to normal gradually even as you deal with the side effects of delivery. Ensure that you are in touch with your doctor.