Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K T GurumurthyYour feedback matters!
Urinary infection is one widespread disorder that most of the human beings face in the later stages of their lives. The infection is experienced mostly by half of the women and according to statistical data, it has been noted that about 40% of women and 12% of men get infected with urinary infection. Women who are sexually active have more possibilities to get this infection. It is an infection suffered by many people and which is more vulnerable to children and women.
The symptoms that are identified for a person with urinary infection are frequent urination and burning sensation at the time of passing urine. In certain cases, women even experience leaking of urine while sleeping. It is advised not to take this condition casually as it can lead to further complications, and medications need to be taken to reduce the discomfort caused.
Main Causes of Urinary Infection:
- The main reason for urinary infection is the bacterium that moves from the urinary duct to the urinary bladder.
- The other main reasons for urinary tract infection are due to sexual intercourse, pregnancy and diabetes.
- There are chances to get urinary infection if a person has sex with many partners.
- In most women urinary infection is caused due to hormonal imbalance after menopause.
- Women should not hold back the urge for urinating frequently, as it can weaken the bladder and makes it prone to urinary infection.
Treatment for Urinary Infection:
There are simple and helpful home remedies that can be used for the treatment of urinary infection and these include
- It is very necessary to drink a lot of water, as it would help flush the bacteria from the bladder that causes the infection. It is advisable to drink at least 80 ounces of water on a daily basis.
- It is advisable to eat foods rich in Vitamin C as they are helpful in making the urine more acidic, and it inhibits further growth of the bacterium in the urinary tract.
- It is very important that spicy foods and bladder irritants like caffeine, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners be cut from the diet to reduce the irritation.
- It is very important to include healthy foods in your diet, and that are high on fiber carbohydrates and helpful in digestive health of your body.
- Herbal remedies can be opted for treatment of urinary tract infection, and the leaves of bearberry are used for this purpose.
- Most importantly, it is very necessary to adopt healthier habits and quit smoking. Women should wear loose clothing and make use of personal hygiene products that are free from any fragrance.
I am 27years old. L found a lump in my breast last July, and took medicines for 6months, then it subsided for 2 months. Now it has reappeared again. I did mammography. The result is same as 8months ago. What should I do now?
I am pregnant and during this period I had my hands and legs swollen severely and its paining too. How to get rid off this excess swelling? Show me some way and I have the effect of chicken guinea in both my hands which leads to a severe pain in my hands. Please show me proper direction.
Eggs provide a whole lot of nutrition to the body and having them for breakfast is the best way to use it all. However, it’s not just that! It can actually help you lose weight as well.
When you replace a grain-based breakfast with eggs, you tend to eat fewer calories for the entire day, and lose more weight and more body fat. However, if you can’t eat eggs, try taking in any source of quality protein for breakfast.
Make your breakfast a protein breakfast!
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am expecting & I am 9th month pregnant & experiencing blood discharge from yesterday evening but not paining so is it the right time for delivery o still have time?
6 months before we got married, Still my wife didn't get conceive, I am planning to check myself also. And white pieces come out when she is in period and she suffering from more pain and loose motion also when pieces released, before marriage she does not feel like this. Two months before we went to doctor, she advise her to take thyropace, Euroseal tablets. But still she is not get conceive. What should I do?
Not having much interest in sex. How can we increase her urge for sex, this is happening since many years and ruins our life.
I finished with my periods on 16 .and had unsafe sex on 21 .after dat I ate one whole papaya on 26 and had little bleeding like spotting but after dat I again ate 2 papayas. And had done pregnancy test twice and the test was negative. But my period date is 12 but still do not have periods. Am I pregnant?
Long Term Health Consequences of PCOS
You are at greater risk of developing the following long-term health problems if you have PCOS:
1) Insulin resistance and diabetes
If your blood glucose does not stay normal, this can lead to diabetes. One or two in every ten women with PCOS go on to develop diabetes at some time. If you have PCOS, your risk of developing diabetes is increased further if you:
- Are over 40 years of age
- Have relatives with diabetes
- Developed diabetes during a pregnancy (known as gestational diabetes)
- Are obese (body mass index or BMI over 30).
2) High blood pressure
Women with PCOS tend to have high blood pressure, which may be related to insulin resistance and to being overweight, rather than the PCOS itself. High blood pressure can lead to heart problems and should be treated.
3) Heart disease in later life
Developing heart disease is linked to health conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. If you have a high cholesterol level you may be advised to take medication (statins) to reduce the risk of heart problems.
If you have less than three periods in a year), the endometrium (lining of the uterus) can thicken and this may lead to endometrial cancer in a small number of women.There are different ways to protect the lining of the womb using the hormone progesterone. You should visit your doctor if you are having lesser number of periods in a year. She will then prescribe a medicine to help you get the period. PCOS does not increase your chance of breast, cervical or ovarian cancer.
5) Depression and mood swings
The symptoms of PCOS may affect how you see yourself and how you think others see you. It can lower your self-esteem.
6) Snoring and daytime drowsiness
PCOS can lead to fatigue or sleepiness during the day. It is also associated with snoring.