Find numerous Bariatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Bariatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Bariatricians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. K.N. Srikanth
Laser Weight Loss Treatment
Fat Removal Technique/Liposuction
Treatment of Cryolipolysis
Fat Loss Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. K.N. SrikanthYour feedback matters!
My name is usha and I am weighing 67kgs and my height is 5 inches. How can I reduce my weight and what are the foods I should take to reduce my weight and even I have belly stomach. I have rheumatid arithritis, high bp and I am taking medicines for that. I have very low bone density.
Hi, my girlfriend is gaining weight rapidly in last three years she has put on around 20-30 kg, she works in a night shift, we don't know what should be a proper diet as her biological clock starts from evening 4 to morning 6, so kindly give a diet, and any extra advice to cut down bad fats quickly.
Hi, I am 52 years Indian male based in Saudi Arabia, very healthy except some extra weight about 123Kg. Height 5.8 inches. No blood pressure, no cholesterol, no sugar, no heart or kidney diseases. Since few days I feel like passing my urine every half an hour or 40 minutes, I don't feel thirst, there is no sweat discharge from my body as a sign of sugar, then what it could be?
Hi I have fat problem I am 16 years old and my weight is about 72 I do exercise I go to walk running I diet I do everything but nothing happens so please can you tell me any medicine without any side effects for fat cutting and making slim and how to take it please help me plz.
Your hangouts with your loved ones more often than not are determined by the locales. And, when I say locales, in the modern urban context, flamboyant or not quite fancy cafes and eateries dominate your imagination. One of the most brazen consequences of such hangouts is the increased consumption of junk and oily food. In fact, for many of us, the idea of good times is inextricably linked to consumption of good food which inevitably reads as junk food. Junk food craving is something we are all culpable of. While most of us know about the health implications that junk food entails, we usually choose to elide over them for the sake of our hunger pangs. However, there are certain ailments that accrue from the intake of junk foods and which, if neglected, can lead to certain grave consequences.
- Causes Diabetes- Diabetes is one of the most prevalent diseases in the contemporary times. Affecting people from all age groups, diabetes has assumed almost an epidemic stature. Junk food consumption is one of the most blaring causes of diabetes. These kind of foods are not only deficient in fibers but also the heavy oil content of the junk food misbalances your metabolism and spurs off other medical conditions like obesity.
- Increases the chances of digestive malfunctions- Since the junk foods are usually fried in oil and are brimming with fats, they are most suited to disrupt the normalcy in the process of digestion. As they get deposited on the linings of the stomach walls, the production of acid gets increased, leading to diseases like GERD and IBS.
- Causes kidney Diseases- Junk food addition is a scientifically proven vicious cycle. Most junk foods contain finely processed salts which stimulate enzymes, which turn disrupt the salt balance in your body. This results in a situation of hypertension in the body and affects the kidney functioning to a large extent.
- Increases the risk of heart diseases- Junk foods are extremely rich in Trans fats which spike up the cholesterol levels in your blood. This excess potentially raises the risk of inflammation in the blood vessels and emerge as chronic threats to the normal functioning of the heart.
- Leads to depression- Statistically, the largest proportion of junk food consumers is between the ages of 12 to 35. Consequently, this age group is also susceptible to the most rancid hormonal imbalances. Junk food, injects an abnormal quantity of salts in the body, thus affecting the hormonal levels. This makes them vulnerable to depressions and mood swings.
- Memory and Learning Problems- Junk food rich in sugar and fat suppress the activity of a Brain Peptide called BDNF (Brain- Derived Neurotrophic Factor ) which ultimately lead to inflammation in the hippocampus area of the brain which is responsible for learning and memory formation.
- Risk of Dementia- Unlike Pancreas insulin is also produced in the brain which carries the signals between the nerve cells and forming memories ,but this process is hampered due to increase the increase level of insulin in the body and brain stops responding to hormones and become resistant thus increasing.