Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. K J LalYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctor! I am 28 and recent report shows I don't have PCODs, irregular periods or no periods for long time have been a part of my life till now, but recent report shows I don't have PCODs and still I don't get periods. Is is dangerous - even worse than having PCODs and no periods? I am married since last year but we stay in different cities so my sex life is not that much. Is not having PCODs related to sex life, is this betterment because of this?
I am suffering from pcod. Having severe hair loss n wait gain. N insulin level is high. Kindly advise.
I am an 19 year boy . I have been suffered from jaundice after 3 years back .then after that when ever I consume milk I have to suffer from loose motion . Sir please help me .
I am suffering from obesity. My weight is increasing day by day. I am getting so fatty these day. It looks so weird to be fatty. Can you suggest what should be done.
Dear Sir/madam, my wife got periods on today means 18/08/2015, wat is best dates and times for conceive for a baby, which date have do sex with my wife, pls help me.
Hi I am 26 years old boy from Coimbatore. I have always wanted to have a clear skin. I have hairs on my chest, forearms, buttock, underarms. I wanted to get rid of this hair and have a soft smooth skin. please help me out. Home remedies do not work at all for me.
I have stitched mark on my face. When I was 6 year old I met with accident that time stitches had done. How to get rid off from scare in my face. Now I am 21 year old.
In modern days, migraine has become a common disease that affects the young and the old equally. Migraine as such cannot be cured, but improving lifestyle and Ayurvedic medication can help you keep this disease under control and improve your quality of life.
What is Migraine?
Migraine, commonly known as Sooryavarta in Ayurveda, is a medical condition in which the excessive stimulation of the blood vessels in the brain causes a throbbing pain on one side of the head and is associated with nausea, sensitivity and vomiting. This happens because the vomiting centre of the brain gets activated during an episode. These symptoms are the most common signs; however, it varies from person to person.
What Causes Migraines?
These headaches worsen upon sunrise and it is at its peak at noon, when the sun is at its highest intensity and slowly subsides on sunset. This is one of the major factors in setting in an episode; it is not true in every case.
The other triggers that cause migraine attacks according to Ayurveda are:
- Spicy and oily food
- Stress, anger, grief, jealousy
- Suppressed emotions or natural urges
- Consumption of too much of dry, salty and pungent food
- Consuming polluted food
General triggers may include:
- Smoking and drinking
- Physical stress and exercise
- Fluctuation in hormone levels during the menstrual cycle or the use of birth control pills
- Stopping intake of tea or coffee suddenly
- Stress to sensory organs in the form of bright noises, bright lights, strong perfumes or odours etc.
Certain foods or beverages may also trigger an episode of migraine. These include baked foods, chocolates, processed foods, spicy foods, onions, dairy products and peanuts. These kinds of foods are known to suddenly increase Kapha dosha or Pitta Dosha and as a result, trigger an attack.
Symptoms of Migraine-
It is usually characterised by a stinging, throbbing pain on one side of the head and is followed by nausea and vomiting. Some people may get visual aberrations called an aura- such as blind spots, blurred visions, distorted lines etc.
Ayurvedic medications that can help migraine are:
- Indian licorice – Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Amalaki – amala – Emblica officinalis
- Mallika – Jasminum officinale
- Hareetaki – Chebulic myrobalan-Terminalia chebula
- Bala – Sida cordifolia
- Kumari – Aloe vera
- Sariva – Hemidesmus indicus
Simple home remedies useful in migraine:
- Tender leaves of jasmine or tender leaves of pomegranate are taken along with a pinch of salt and crushed well to obtain fresh juice. Early in the morning, preferably in empty stomach, 2-3 drops of this fresh juice is instilled to both the nostrils. Procedure is repeated once again evening hours (6-7 pm). This reduces the severity of headache in migraine.
- One fist full of Doorva grass (cynodan dactylon) is taken and its fresh juice is obtained. To this, 2 pinch of licorice powder is added and mixed well. This is consumed during the noon hours. Procedure is repeated for 20-30 days. This helps to reduce the severity of illness significantly.
- Take coriander seed powder – 1 teaspoon. add it to one cup of water, leave it as it is at night, next day morning, drink it on empty stomach.
- Soak 5 raisins and 5 almonds in water at night, next day morning, eat them. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
Dr. Please give the solution of the problem regarding acne cause due to dandruff as my wife suffering from the same.
Doctor I have some issue in my head regarding my hair I'm getting some wound some places. It have any solution to recover my problem. I have little bit hair loss that's common I hope According family But wound small pimples on my head while doing cutting in shop its paining.
I've oily skin and a new pimples grow everyday in my face .how I stop these pimples grow in my face. please give some homely treatment to reduce these pimples grow in my face. These pimple left there spots in my face.
Diabetes is a lifestyle disease that is very prevalent in the current generation. According to a report by the World Health Organisation (WHO), the number of people with diabetes has risen from 108 million in 1980 to 422 million in 2014. The global prevalence of diabetes among adults over 18 years of age has risen from 4.7% to 8.5% from 1980 to 2014. Diabetes should not be taken lightly as it can affect other body organs besides the pancreas, such as the kidneys. Diabetic nephropathy refers to damage to your kidneys caused by diabetes, and may also lead to kidney failure in various cases.
Causes of diabetic nephropathy
Not everyone who suffers from diabetes will suffer from diabetic nephropathy. The main function of the kidneys is to filter waste from your blood. However, this is not always the case. Due to high a concentration of blood sugar caused by diabetes, several blood vessels in the kidney are destroyed, thereby, preventing the kidneys from carrying out its job. Over time, the kidneys may stop working altogether, resulting in kidney failure. If you are diabetic, the probability of you suffering from diabetic nephropathy will increase if you smoke or have high blood pressure or high cholesterol.
Catching it early
Today, diabetic nephropathy is the leading cause of chronic kidney disease in the US and other western countries. Since the symptoms of this condition aren’t visible in its early stages, you need to undergo urine tests on a regular basis. If detected early, the effects of diabetic nephropathy can be reversed. Common symptoms of this disease include the following:
- Swelling in legs and feet
- Detection of albumin in urine
- Decline in glomerular filtration rate (GFR)
- Elevated arterial blood pressure
What are the treatment options?
Medication to lower the blood pressure is the most commonly prescribed form of treatment suggested by doctors to prevent or slow the damage to your kidneys. There are other lifestyle changes that you may have to undertake in order to keep a check on the condition:
- Limit sugar intake and keep blood sugar levels within the target range
- Exercise regularly and work towards keeping your heart healthy
- Limit protein intake, as it could put extra pressure on your kidneys
- Limit salt intake to control blood pressure
- Quit smoking and drinking
Diabetes is an unfortunate condition to have to live with. But don’t let it bog you down! With these simple lifestyle changes and taking care of your general well-being, you can beat the disease and emerge a winner!