Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. K. Chandrika MuralidharYour feedback matters!
Why Women who have gone through ectopic surgery get very difficult to conceive normally and severe menstrual flow during periods?
Iam 29 years in this month end iam getting married so I have one query need to avoid pregnancy up to 1 yr. In my first nte what precautions I need to follow whether condoms or pills just suggest me.
The point of doing a workout is to put your body through the motions and phases before you hit an intense spot of persistent action before cooling down. This helps in giving your body a well balanced workout. But what many of us do not know is that a good workout schedule will also involve a well paced warm up session with exercises that will warm up the body and its various areas as well as the muscles so that the intensity does not hit the body suddenly and result in some sort of injury or undue fatigue.
So get it right with these eight warm up exercises that you aren't doing, but totally should!
- Dynamic: Follow a dynamic routine and mix it up a little with various kinds of movements that will work the different areas of the body. Start with squats and move on to lunges before you do a few skips to warm up!
- Jump: Try the jumping rope the next time you hit the gym and watch your heart rate go up just enough to get you all warm and loose and ready for that heavy duty work out. You can start with five minutes of this motion before moving on to your first set.
- Dance: Did you know that switching on your favourite music and shuffling your feet before you start to gyrate a little can actually get you in the right frame of mind for a workout? So next time, warm up with a little dancing!
- Balance: Warm up with a balancing act or two. Stand on one leg and do deadlifts with a dumbbell. Repeat the same motion for both arms. This helps in imitating the actual workout that you will be indulging in, which helps in warming up the relevant areas.
- Stretches: Try doing stretches and jumping jacks for stability and to work your core strength before you hit the gym equipment. This will bring about better blood circulation and help you get your heart ready for the work out.
- Swing: Use swinging movements with your arms and legs with circles and marches to help loosen up the muscles.
- Walk: Do animal walk with crab walks, frog jumps, bunny hops, inch worm motions and much more to unleash your energy.
- Medicine Balls: Grab some medicine balls and do a few moves like the rotational twist, the front body push, the reverse eight and many more to get your body pumped up.
Warming up is an important part of working out, so remember to get your warm up routine right!
Related Tip: "Why Iron Is the Most Underrated Factor in Health"
My wife has done ultrasonography today. There found. Ovaries: Right overy is enlarged (71×55 mm) with few (3 in no.) well defined anechoic cysts, largest measuring 37×26 mm Left overy is normal in size (38×18 mm) with a small cysts measuring 17×12 mm. IMPRESSION: bilateral Iberian cysts as described. Now what will I do. Plz, suggest me.
Right time of use of laser for a pregnant women and how many quantity of keser used in a day and which type of kesar used please give answer.
Hello doctor am a new mother my son with 6months old. After my delivery (normal) I have been spotting till 4 months when I said to doctor she gave me BCP for 21 days to stop spotting and regulate my periods. She said to use them for 3 months. But with the usage of BCP am getting dark spots around my lips and also am having heavy bleeding in my periods. Can you please help me with my issues.
First time I had sex with my wife. Blood came from her pussy that time. Is there any problem in that?
My iui is done 12 days after 1 drops of brownish discharge in my panties. And my bhcg test also positive but I'm having leg pain, headache is it symptoms of pregnancy or period? And my period is 2 days due.
I'm having endometriosis problem. can I go for brisk walks. also can I play outdoor games like badminton?
Had unprotected sex on the 7th day of cycle What are the chances for pregnancy? Is I Pill suggested for avoiding the pregnancy?
* आपका लगातार वजन बढ़ रहा है तो सावधान हो जाइए।
* आप भी इस समस्या से जूझ रहे हैं तो हम आपको बताने जा रहे हैं कुछ ऐसे छोटे-छोटे नुस्खे, जिन्हें अपनाकर आप बिना ज्यादा मेहनत किए वजन को नियंत्रित कर सकते हैं:--
* पुदीने की ताजी हरी पत्तियों की चटनी बनाकर चपाती के साथ खाएं। पुदीने वाली चाय पीने से भी वजन नियंत्रण में रहता है।
* आधा चम्मच सौंफ को एक कप खौलते पानी में डाल दें। 10 मिनट तक इसे ढककर रखें। ठंडा होने पर इस पानी को पिएं। ऐसा तीन माह तक लगातार करने से वजन कम होने लगता है।
* पपीता नियमित रूप से खाएं। यह हर सीजन में मिल जाता है। लंबे समय तक पपीता के सेवन से कमर की अतिरिक्त चर्बी कम होती है।
* दही खाने से शरीर की फालतू चर्बी घट जाती है। छाछ का भी सेवन दिन में दो-तीन बार करें।
* छोटी पीपल का बारीक चूर्ण पीसकर उसे कपड़े से छान लें। यह चूर्ण तीन ग्राम रोजाना सुबह के समय छाछ के साथ लेने से बाहर निकला हुआ पेट अंदर हो जाता है।
* ज्यादा कार्बोहाइड्रेट वाली वस्तुओं से परहेज करें। शक्कर, आलू और चावल में अधिक कार्बोहाइड्रेट होता है। ये चर्बी बढ़ाते हैं।
* केवल गेहूं के आटे की रोटी की बजाय गेहूं, सोयाबीन और चने के मिश्रित आटे की रोटी ज्यादा फायदेमंद है।
* सब्जियों और फलों में कैलोरी कम होती है, इसलिए इनका सेवन अधिक मात्रा में करें। केला और चीकू न खाएं। इनसे मोटापा बढ़ता है।
* मोटापा कम नहीं हो रहा हो तो खाने में कटी हुई हरी मिर्च या काली मिर्च को शामिल करके बढ़ते वजन पर काबू पाया जा सकता है। एक रिसर्च में पाया गया कि वजन कम करने का सबसे बेहतरीन तरीका मिर्च खाना है। मिर्च में पाए जाने वाले तत्व कैप्साइसिन से भूख कम होती है। इससे ऊर्जा की खपत भी बढ़ जाती है, जिससे वजन कंट्रोल में रहता है।
* खाने के साथ टमाटर और प्याज का सलाद काली मिर्च व नमक डालकर खाएं। इनसे शरीर को विटामिन सी, विटामिन ए, विटामिन के, आयरन, पोटैशियम, लाइकोपीन और ल्यूटिन मिलेेगा। इन्हें खाने के बाद खाने से पेट जल्दी भर जाएगा और वजन नियंत्रित हो जाएगा।
* रोज सुबह-सुबह एक गिलास ठंडे पानी में दो चम्मच शहद मिलाकर पिएं। इस घोल को पीने से शरीर से वसा की मात्रा कम होती है।
* गुग्गुल गोंद को दिन मे दो बार पानी में घोलकर या हल्का गुनगुना कर सेवन करने से #वजन कम करने में मदद मिलती है।
* हरड़ और बहेड़ा का चूर्ण बना लें। एक चम्मच चूर्ण 50 ग्राम परवल के जूस (1 गिलास) के साथ मिलाकर रोज लें, वजन तेजी से कम होने लगेगा।
* करेले की सब्जी खाने से भी वजन कम करने में मदद मिलती है। सहजन के नियमित सेवन से भी वजन नियंत्रित रहता है।
* सौंठ, दालचीनी की छाल और काली मिर्च (3 -3 ग्राम) पीसकर चूर्ण बना लें। सुबह खाली पेट और रात सोने से पहले पानी से इस चूर्ण को लें, #मोटापा कम होने लगेगा।
Pomegranate is a fruit grown mainly in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iran, India, drier parts of Southeast Asia, Peninsular Malaysia, the East Indies and tropical Africa, along with parts of California and Arizona. However, it has been the native fruit of the region from Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran to the Himalayas in northern India. Pomegranate has been associated with a high nutritional value and a large number of health benefits, illustrating the reason why it has been cultivated in the Mediterranean region as well the Caucasus since ancient times. To acquaint you more with this fruit as well as its juice, we have listed the nutritional benefits of their consumption, in the following lines.
Nutritional Value of Pomegranate
Given below is the amount of nutrients in 100 gm of pomegranate
Carbohydrates - 17.17 gm
Sugars - 16.57 gm
Dietary fiber - 0.6 gm
Fat - 0.3 gm
Protein - 0.95 gm
Thiamin (Vitamin B1) - 0.030 mg
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) - 0.063 mg
Niacin (Vitamin B3) - 0.300 mg
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5) - 0.596 mg
Vitamin B6 - 0.105 mg
Folate (Vitamin B9) - 6 ?g
Vitamin C - 6.1 mg
Calcium - 3 mg
Iron - 0.30 mg
Magnesium - 3 mg
Phosphorus - 8 mg
Potassium - 259 mg
Zinc - 0.12 mg
Energy - 70 kcal (290 kJ)
Health & Nutrition Benefits of Pomegranates/Pomegranate Juice
Being rich in antioxidants, pomegranate can keep LDL (bad cholesterol) from oxidizing and thus, prevents atherosclerosis.
Pomegranate has been found to help keep blood platelets from clumping together and forming unnecessary clots.
Regular consumption of pomegranate juice is said to be beneficial for those suffering from heart diseases.
Researches have indicated that pomegranate compounds might prevent prostate cancer and even slowdown its growth.
Pomegranate juice has also been associated with reducing the risk of breast cancer.
Pomegranate juice is pretty good for those suffering from diarrhea, but it over-consumption can lead to constipation.
Pomegranate is said to be good for reducing plaque in the arteries and raising levels of HDL (good cholesterol).
It has been seen that pomegranate juice helps prevent heart attacks and even stroke.
Studies have shown that maternal consumption of pomegranate juice might protect the neonatal brain from damage after injury.
Pomegranate is believed to help prevent cartilage deterioration and thus, keep osteoarthritis at bay.
Consumption of pomegranate might prevent and even slow down Alzheimer's disease.
Pomegranate juice is associated with lowering of blood pressure as well as better oral health.
I am not fine. When I am go in sunlight I feel so weakness. And I am not feel feel good. How to face in that condition? And why it happened with me? Please tell me solution.
Hi doctor, I had sex on 1st March 2016. I had iPill within 48hrs. My schedule period date is 21st but still now my period didn't started. Should I do a pregnancy test? Or it can be a cause of taking pill to avoid pregnancy. My age is 25. I am scared now. What to do? I want to avoid being pregnant at the moment. Don't want a kid now. I am unmarried.
Hi sir, I am 24yrs old. I got married two years before. Since a year we are trying for a baby but the result was negative. Last may month I have undergone a scanning (USG)- Abdomen and pelvis. It was diagnosed as PCOS. My ayurvedic doctor suggested me a medicine called phalaghrita and I consumed it for two months. After that I discontinued. Til this month we are trying for a baby but the result is nil. Few websites tell female with PCOS doesn't ovulate every month or doesn't ovulate at all. So I just wanted to know m I ovulating or is there any other problem. Please help me.
The thought of undergoing a major surgery worries most people as they stress about the possible surgical complications, outcomes of the procedure or just get scared with the idea of getting an incision. But, following a few simple steps before the surgery may enable you to not only lessen your fears but also accelerate the recovery process.
Here are some of the most effective tips to prepare yourself in a way that ensures a stress-free surgical procedure.
1. Acquire knowledge about the surgery beforehand
Keep yourself thoroughly informed about the surgical procedures you will undergo. Ask your surgeon about the time required for complete recovery, your stay at the hospital, hygiene standards of the hospital etc. Also, talk about the surgical complications that you may experience and the measures to be taken from your side to deal with them.
2. Inform the doctor about your prevalent health issues
Talk to your doctor if you are suffering from any medical conditions currently like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, arthritis etc. Also inform him if you are under any kind of medications or allergic to any particular drug.
3. Enquire about the types of anaesthesia available
Knowing about your anaesthesia choices always help you prepare better for an operation. While some surgery requires specific types of anaesthesia for other you can decide whether you want a local, regional or general anaesthesia. Local anaesthesia is used for affecting a small area while the regional one is used for numbing a larger part and general, your entire body.
4. Be prepared to deal with the post-surgery pain
You might experience post-surgery pain depending on the type of procedure followed. Ask your doctor for suggestions on the type of medicines you should do to curb this pain. Generally, most doctors recommend drugs, hot or cold therapy, massage etc.
5. Look for a caregiver in advance
You will require some support and care after the surgery while you recover. Seek the help of your family and friends in this regard and ensure that someone can stay with you for at least a day after you return from the hospital.
6. Follow the pre and post surgery instructions given by the doctor
Follow all the instructions given by the doctor regarding the kind of diet to be followed, restriction from consuming certain things like alcohol or any other lifestyle changes required to keep you healthy before and after the surgery.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on'consult.
The coconut oil and the thyroid gland
Coconut oil is an edible oil extracted from the kernel or meat of matured coconuts harvested from the coconut palm. It has high saturated fat which will boost your metabolism. Also, it is very effective if you want to lose some weight and it can raise the basal temperature. The best thing about the coconut oil is that it doesn't have the expiration date. It will provide you increased energy production, and it will burn fat. Stop adding gluten to your organism and try the Mediterranean cuisine, because it showed amazing results after consuming. Vitamins and minerals like omega 3, iron, iodine, b vitamin, should be more consumed in the body. A chemical that can be very bad for thyroid gland is dioxin. No one can be happy all the time, but try to be nervous a lot, because that is another bad thing for the gland