Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. K.a. MohanYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old. I have a huge gap of 2-3 mm in front two teeth. Can it be reduced to minimum or removed completely. What is the procedure and what it will cost? Will the effect be permanent.
Getting braces is the best thing you can do for your teeth. Yes, the process is painful. And maintenance of braces can get too much, but it is not undoable!
When you have braces on teeth, those teeth need extra attention to protect them from decay, staining and gum disease. You should also take precautions to avoid damaging the braces. For example, activities to avoid include eating chewy or sticky sweets, eating hard or crunchy foods, biting your lip, breathing excessively through your mouth and pushing your tongue against your teeth,
So if you got braces for the first time, here are some helpful tips you can swear by. Read on.
Listen to your orthodontist: This is kind of obvious, but seriously, listen to what your orthodontists says. You may wonder if you really need to do this or that, but not paying attention to your doctor’s advice can actually prolong your treatment, and extend the time you need to keep your braces on.
Brush every time you eat: Although brushing twice a day is the standard oral care recommendation, when you wear braces, you should brush after every time you eat — even after that mid-afternoon vending machine snack or some late-night munchies. That's because food particles easily become trapped in the braces, and the longer those particles stay trapped, the greater risk you have of developing dental problems. Use a soft toothbrush with round bristles, or an electric toothbrush if you prefer.
Rubber Bands: If you have been asked to use rubber bands, it is always recommended to carry rubber bands with you all the time, so if one breaks it can be replaced promptly. Rubber bands wear down and lose their elasticity, so they should be replaced often, definitely after every meal. Wearing the rubber bands all the time will keep the treatment progressing at an optimum pace.
Use your back teeth to chew: Don’t bite into that burger with your front teeth like you are accustomed to doing. This actually gets the food to stick on to your braces. So eat food that you can cut into bite size pieces and chew easily with your back teeth.
Drink plenty of water: Skip that soda, which will only erode your teeth, and drink water after meals. This not only keeps you healthy, but with water, you can swish it around your mouth to rinse out any big chunks of food.
Stay away from crunchy food: Crunchy foods are dangerous, not only do they get stuck in your braces, they also can get quite painful to remove. Plus, crunchy foods can be bad news for the shiny braces you just got for yourself.
Speak up: If during an appointment you have any query, no matter how silly, ask your orthodontist. Your doctor is there to help and guide you, so don’t shy away from asking questions and discussing your problems. Or if some part of the brace is hurting mildly, get it checked at once. Air your troubles, that is what your doctor is here for.
After The Braces Are Off-
Whitening products, including whitening toothpaste and mouthwash, should not be used until after braces are removed. After braces come off, some discoloration of the teeth will likely be present, so this is a good time for a child to use whitening strips.
I have a huge pain in my teeth and I had done a scan also to my tooth which option will be better whether shall I do root canal or remove the teeth.
I have headache particularly left lateral side of forehead from last one month. If took Analgesic subsided but everyday I need to take it. I have root canal of upper and lower jaw molars and extraction of my lower jaw last molar in last month. Because doubt came to my mind that due to Teeth surgery headache started but Dentist confident that this Headache is not due to that. Please guide me. Regards, Ashwini Rekhe.
There is little blood during my teeth brushing. And I think I have bad smell of my mouth. I am using sensodine these days plzz recommend me good one.
I am facing bad breath for a couple of days? Does it need medical attention? What can it probably be? I brush my teeth twice a day. Thanks in advance.
My upper in the mouth was not grown well, whereas my lower jaw grown in extra size. As a result, my upper teeth are not visible outside. Is there any chance to make my smile normal?
I am suffering from toothache at right lower corner. Gum has been swollen and feeling sharp pain like knife. I have taken amoxicillin with potassium calvau. I am 29 years old.
My daughter is 7 year old after fall of milk teeth, front 2 new teeth developed but it there is much more gap between 2 teeth and this teeth is slightly inclined outwards, please suggest let us know clips treatment is required and what age it should be done, can we start treatment immediately ?
With the wedding season nearly approaching, you should be ready for several parties and gatherings and lots of photographs to be clicked. You would surely want to look good on every wedding occasion. Hence you should make sure that your teeth are at their best, when it comes to looking good. The teeth are responsible for shaping the perfect smile, and so you must take measures to make your teeth look stunning in order to get your smile ready for the upcoming wedding season.
Here are some tips on how you should take care of your teeth:
- Whiten your teeth: You can avail a quick whitening service for your teeth from a dental clinic. This will make your teeth brighter and much whiter, which will enhance your smile. Always get teeth whitening done from a clinic instead of using whiteners bought from stores, as the latter do not work as effectively. Moreover, teeth whitening done at a clinic is not much expensive.
- Maintain proper oral hygiene: If you want to get perfectly white teeth ready for the wedding season, you should maintain your oral hygiene routine strictly. Brushing and flossing should be practiced regularly, and you should also use a mouthwash. Brush two times a day and take time to brush. Maintain healthy teeth to make them look beautiful and get the most perfect smile.
- Use strategic makeup colors: Several colors can be used to enhance the whiteness of your teeth. Using bright red lipstick would make the teeth look better and brighter with a nice overall contrast. You can choose from different shades of red, pink or cherry of a warm tone. Blue toned lipsticks make a bad contrast against stains and the yellow tinge on the teeth is brought out. You can also use a Bronzer.
- Remove stains: You should try to remove any stain from your teeth and ensure that no further stains are caused. After having any dark beverage like red wine or syrup drinks, make sure to remove the stains instantly. This can be done simply by wiping the stains with a napkin.
- Keep your face and smile relaxed: For the most beautiful and natural smile, you should have a relaxed facial expression. Avoid making hyperactive expressions as these make your smile look artificial. Do not show an expression that looks as if a lot of effort has been put into it. The most beautiful smile is a natural one.
Following these tips, you will be able to get your smile ready for the wedding season. Your smile will be at its best, and you will look amazing in every single picture that will be clicked. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
Diets that are deficient in vitamin c can cause severe dental problems, including loose teeth and bleeding gums. Try a salad with citrus fruits, like orange or grapefruit, to boost your body's ability to fight those destructive symptoms, as well as plaque. Be sure to buffer citrus fruits by including them as part of a meal, because their acid content could potentially erode tooth enamel.