Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. JaiprakashYour feedback matters!
I am having mucus in chest. It has been more than 6 months now I tried various syrups and all bt there was no such betterment. Actually when I cough I can fell mucus coming from the chest towards the mouth. What should I do? And mainly which things should I eat or avoid to eat?
I am 32 years old will be married soon my question is nowadays am eating spicy food a lot at home every 1 will not eat much spice but I don't feel it .and they say too much spicy food is bad but how much ever spice it be I feel its normal. Is it ok to eat spicy food am feeling this from recent years. Pls advice.
Sir/ mam I am having exam fever. Regularly I feel tension when exam are coming. Can you please help me to stay cool and tension free before exams.
I have asthma since childhood. I take Seroflo & Asthalin inhaler. I am allergic to bread & sulpha drug. Is there any cure?
I haven't been sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do, please help me!
Hello, every doctor says that masturbation should do twice in a week, if do daily it is not safe. Then after marriage they will do sex 5 times a week then it is not harmful. Why?
We came to know last week that my father got sugar levels above 500 and now in present it is not coming down from 300 please let me know how to get level down.
What is the reason that spreads malaria and the drug patients right been cleared malaria dense busily?
The people who are suffering from hiv positive they can't be cured well. If it is cure. How you will help them.
Diabetes is a gnawing problem that affects millions throughout the world. It is a disorder that if overlooked can lead to serious diseases; cardiovascular ailments, problems related to vision, kidney problems and many more. While medication tries to regulate your blood sugar levels, it is not always unfailing. Medication along with changes in your diet and lifestyle can still not improve your condition in certain cases. At times it is hard to increase the insulin production in a person's body even after administering medicines solely known for their efficacy. Such kind of diabetic patients can therefore benefit from a Bariatric surgery.
What is a Bariatric surgery?
Bariatric surgery doesn't refer to a single operative method. It involves a host of surgical procedures conducted on a person to rid him or her of obesity. Obesity in combination with diabetes can make a person's life miserable. The treatment of one can come in the way of curing the other. A diabetic patient who also suffers from obesity usually finds it hard to lose weight in spite of exercising or being on diet. Surgery comes to their rescue. This kind of surgery should be fallen back upon as the lender of last resort that is to say when other solutions have not helped. Bariatric surgery is always performed under skilled supervision. It might include reduction of the size of your stomach, removal of a portion of the stomach, or even gastric bypass surgery.
How does Bariatric surgery help reduce Diabetes?
Diabetes can be of three basic kinds;
- Type 1 diabetes in which the body produces no amount of insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes in which the body produces an insufficient amount of insulin
- Gestational diabetes that pregnant women tend to contract.
Bariatric surgery proves to be very advantageous for patients of Type 2 diabetes:
- Surgery lowers blood sugar levels considerably. Research shows people with acute diabetes made huge improvements after having undergone a Bariatric surgery. Their blood sugar levels dropped by a noticeable percentage and they felt healthier. Reduced blood sugar is an almost immediate effect in some while for others it does take some time.
- Bariatric surgery exercises a control over cholesterol, blood pressure and triglyceride levels.
- The impressive benefits of this operation for a Type 2 diabetes patient are not superficial or temporary. If the patient adheres to the lifestyle prescribed by a doctor, takes medication regularly and follows the basics of post operative care he or she is likely to remain beyond the ambit of this metabolic disorder.
- It successfully takes care of ailments resulting from diabetes.
- Bariatric surgery can eliminate the need for medication or it can reduce the dosage of medicines you take.