Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. J AnithaYour feedback matters!
I have tooth sencivity cannot able to drink or eat hot and cold im afraid that this doesn't lead to cavity so I should do suggest me some home remedies.
I am 33 years old male, I have pain in teeth vain and also sometimes throat cyst pain. Kindly suggest what to do.
Munching foods like apples, and pears, carrots or celery after brushing can help in preventing discoloration as they trigger tooth-bathing saliva which helps in keeping the teeth whiter.
My gums are bleeding very nuch everyday without doing any thing because of that my mouth getting bad smell give me any description.
I have yellow teeth so please tell me some incentives so that I can remove thi yellowish colour from my teeth.
I am suffering from bad mouth odour. Since last 2 years. I use a good toothpaste and mouth wash too I brush my teeth twice a day but no result. Please suggest me something.
One of my female friend is suffering from mucocele. She's gone to a local doctor and he pressed the mucocele and asked her for wait for 3 to 4 days. And again she is having the same problem and this time more wide and she is feeling some pain as well. What should she do?
The gums are also called the periodontium which means perio for around and dontium for tooth as the gums are literally present "around the tooth." There is a softer mucosal portion that runs along the tooth in a curved manner and a stronger fibrous portion that connects the tooth to the jaw bone. Together, they provide the structural support for the tooth to be held in place. In addition they also have an aesthetic value with the healthy pink color.
The mouth has the largest number of bacteria in the body, which act on the food debris that is present on the tooth and the gums. This causes infection in both the gums and the tooth.
Types: Periodontal disease can be localized or general.
- Localized disease happens when a tooth is not accessible for thorough cleaning. The inside surface of lower incisors and outer surfaces of the upper last molars are common areas of localized periodontal disease.
- Generalized periodontal disease can be due to conditions like pregnancy, puberty, diabetes problem where gums around all the teeth are affected.
Symptoms: In both the cases, the following symptoms ensue:
- The gums are of a healthy pink color and if they turn darker hue of pink
- Swollen and/or painful gums
- Spontaneous bleeding: This may be localized or generalized
- Chronic bad breath: Due to food accumulation in the infected gums
- If it continues to form an abscess, pressure on the gums can produce pus
- Bad taste in the mouth (arising from pus in the gums)
- Gingival recession, producing an effect of having longer tooth
- Dentin is exposed leading sensitivity to hot or cold foods
- Loosening of the tooth
- Painful chewing, as it puts pressure on the inflamed periodontium
- Dentist will identify what are called pockets, which is an indication of severity - the deeper the pockets, the severe the disease.
Management and Prevention: Gum disease is very easy to identify and can be completely cured.
- Regular brushing and flossing can help maintain regular oral hygiene
- With each brushing session, plain finger massage of the gums improves blood circulation and their overall health
- Regular use of mouth rinse is a good way to improve gum health
- Regular visits to the dentist can help keep a check on the health of the teeth and the gums - early identification of disease and early treatment
- Once it has set in, deep scaling followed by root planing may be required to thoroughly clear out the infection
- More surgical options like gingival grafts, flap surgery, bone grafting in case of severe bone loss may be required.
- Management of conditions like diabetes
The best way to avoid periodontal disease is to know its symptoms, follow oral hygiene practices, and consult a dentist regularly.
Visiting a dentist can be very daunting. We realize that and hence here are 7 reasons that will surely bring a smile to your face.
So here are the seven reasons to make you smile
#1. No pain, only gain
Dental clinics are no longer the torture chambers they used to be. With modern amenities and warm welcoming interiors you no longer need to be afraid of hospital like settings with scary looking doctors.
#2. Pain anxiety control
We now have advanced equipment that replaces drills, injections and blades, all the instruments that you may have feared in the dental office.
#3. Sleep while getting a root canal
While root canals are the most feared treatments in dentistry, patients today are painlessly treated within a single sitting, so much so that they sleep through most of their treatment.
#4. Walk out with an instant face lift
Getting an instant cleaning and whitening is now as easy as walking in for a 15-45 minute session. So even if you're a last minute person getting that dazzling set before a party or your big day is ever so easy.
#5. Straighten teeth without ugly braces!
If its crooked teeth that are bothering you and you just cant bear the thought of ugly metal braces, the new invisible braces is just the perfect solution to your problem. No one will ever know you have braces! and you will be smiling all along the treatment and have a better smile at the end of it!
#6. No more cavities!
We counsel our patients on how to ensure no more cavities right from diet counseling to establishing oral hygiene habits that'll prevent any future cavities to keep that sweet smiling face always intact!
#7. Fixed teeth for all
We now have the ability of replacing a crippling denture with fixed teeth which maximizes your eating pleasure and increases your self-confidence no matter your age!
Now, you have seven reasons to make you fearless about visiting a dentist like smile essentials.
We're sure once you have done your treatment, you will be smiling more than ever before!
Call us for your appointments at 9209200024.