Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Management of Fertile Period
Submit a review for Dr. Hemavathi SrinivasanYour feedback matters!
My wife is pregnant running 4 and half months but the problem is when I intercourse white particles like curd comes out with my penis. What is this. Have any serious problem or infection in my wife vagina.
I am suffering from my periods monthly. Which is not clear. So I face acne and pimple problem every month. And red scars on face. Which ayurvedic medicine should I take every month regarding this. Also suggest me diet.
I am experiencing minor bleeding, even though her periods is due on 19th april. I had unprotected sex and took an I pill on 27 and 28th March. Do I have something to worry about? Thanks.
Ovaries are a part of a woman’s reproductive system. The primary function of ovaries include producing ‘ova’ or eggs and secreting hormones such as progesterone and estrogen. Cysts are fluid filled sacs that form the ovaries; they usually do not cause any symptom and are not painful.
There are primarily two types of ovarian cysts:
1. Follicle cysts: During a woman’s menstrual cycle, the egg develops in a sac known as the follicle. Under normal circumstances, the sac breaks open and releases the egg. When this doesn’t happen, fluids start accumulating in the follicle to form a cyst.
2. Corpus luteum cysts: Follicle sacs dissolve after releasing the egg, but in some cases, these sacs remain and the opening of the sacs gets sealed. It again results in fluid accumulation, leading to the formation of corpus luteum cysts.
Usually, cysts do not cause any symptom. If the size of the cysts increases, they may cause symptoms such as stomach pain, pain during bowel movements and sex as well as pelvic floor pain. The breasts may become tender and one may experience rapid breathing. Other symptoms of ovarian cysts are fever, nausea and dizziness. Usually, rupturing of a cyst leads to these symptoms surfacing; hence you would know when exactly to call the doctor.
The treatment options for ovarian cysts are:
- Laparoscopy: Laparoscopy is carried out if the cysts are small in size. An incision is made close to the navel, through which an instrument is inserted to get rid of the cyst.
- Birth control pills: For chronic ovarian cysts, oral contraceptives are prescribed to stop the ovulation process in order to arrest the formation of cysts.
- Laparotomy: In case of large cysts, this procedure is recommended. A relatively bigger incision is made in the abdomen, through which the cyst is removed.
Ovarian cysts, if left untreated, can certainly cause infertility. Pre-menopausal women and who suffer from frequent hormonal imbalances in the body are the most vulnerable to this condition.
I have always pain in lower abdomen before 10 days of periods. It lasts for nearly two days. Is there any complications. My age is 27 yrs.
डेंगू वायरसजनित बीमारी है। ये बीमारी मच्छर से फैलती है और इसका सबसे पहला लक्षण तेज बुखार है। इस बीमारी के दौरान शरीर की प्लेटलेट्स कम हो जाती हैं। डेंगू एडीज नाम के मच्छर से फैलता है। हर साल बरसात के महीने में ये बीमारी फैलती है, जिसमें हजारों लोगों की जान चली जाती है।
डॉक्टर बताते हैं किम शरीर में 1 मिली खून में 30-40 हजार प्लेटलेट्स होती हैं। ये प्लेटलेट्स रोज नष्ट होती हैं और रोज बनती रहती हैं। डेंगू होने पर शरीर के काम करने की गतिे धीमी पड़ जाती है, जिससे प्लेटलेट्स बनने की गतिी भी धीमी हो जाती है। ऐसे में शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता भी गिरने लगती है। डेंगू का मच्छर ज्यादातर दिन में काटता है और ये साफ पानी में फैलता है। मादा एडीज कूलर, ड्रम, टंकी और गमलों में इकट्ठे पानी में अंडे देती है, यहीं से डेंगू फैलता है।
डेंगू के लक्षण
एडीज मच्छर के काटने के बाद डेंगू का वायरस शरीर में पहुंच जाता है। इस बीमारी का मुख्य लक्षण तेज बुखार होता है। इसके बाद सिर दर्द, जोड़ों और मांसपेशियों मे भी दर्द होता है। शरीर पर लाल चकत्ते भी दिखाई पड़ते हैं। इसके अलावा उल्टी, दस्त, पेट में दर्द, कमजोरी और भूख न लगना भी डेंगू के लक्षण हैं।
डेंगू का इलाज
1. डेंगू में नीम, तुलसी, गिलोय, पिप्पली, पपीते की ताजी पत्तियों का रस, गेंहू की बालि यों का रस, आंवला और एलोविरा का रस पीने से फायदा मिलता है। रस से शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढ़ती है और प्लेटलेट्स के निर्माण में तेजी आती है।
2. पपीते की पत्ती:
डेंगू में प्लेटलेट्स की रिकवरी के लिए पपीते की ताजी पत्तियों के रस को बहुत उपयोगी माना जाता है। इस रस को बनाने के लिए कुछ पत्तों को पानी से अच्छी तरह धोकर पीस लें। ध्यान रखें, पत्तिीयां नई उगी हुई ताजी हों। इन पत्तियों के अर्क को दिन में दो-तीन चम्मच डेंगू के मरीज को पिलाएं। ये शरीर से टॉक्सिन बाहर निकालता है साथ ही प्लेटलेट्स की मात्री तेजी से बढ़ती है।
3. गिलोय का काढ़ा:
25 ग्राम ताजी गिलोय का तना लेकर कूट लें, 5-6 तुलसी के पत्ते और 3-4 काली मिर्च पीसकर 1 लीटर पानी में उबालें। पानी को तब तक उबालें जब तक ये 250 मिली न रह जाए। इसे तीन हिस्सों में बांट लें। डेंगू फैलने पर ये काढ़ा पि्एं इसे वायरल इन्फेक्शन के बचाव के लिसए इस्तेमाल किया जाता है।
तुलसी की पत्तियां हर तरह के वायरल में लाभकारी होती हैं। इसकी पत्तियों को चाय में डालकर रोजाना पीने से वायरल से बचाव होता है। डेंगू के मरीज को पानी में तुलसी की पत्ती उबालकर दें, इससे शरीर को रोग से लड़ने की ताकत मिलती है।अनार और चुकंदर का जूस- डेंगू के मरीज के लिीए अनार और चुकंदर का जूस लाभकारी होता है। अनार खून की कमी को दूर करता है।
एलोविरा का जूस प्रतिरोधक शक्ति बढ़ाता है और पाचन शक्ति ठीक रखता है। डेंगू होने पर मरीज को एलोविरा का जूस या नेक्टर (मकरंद) दें, ये शरीर को शक्तिे प्रदान करता है।
आंवले में विटामिन सी होता है, ये शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता बढ़ाता है। वहीं शरीर में पहुंचकर लौह तत्व का ज्यादा अवशोषण करता है, जिससे खून बढ़ता है।
ये सारे उपाय डेंगू के लक्षणों को कंट्रोल करने के लि।ए हैं, आराम न मिलने की स्थिपतिा में डॉक्टर का परामर्श जरूर लें।
डेंगू से बचाव
डेंगू से मुकाबला करना मुश्किल है और इसके वायरस के संक्रमण के बाद तेजी से प्लेटलेट्स गिरती हैं। इस स्थि ति् में संभलने का वक्त नहीं मिलता। इसलिबए इससे बचाव रखना भी बेहद जरूरी है।
1. ध्यान रखें कि घर में कहीं भी पानी इकट्ठा न हो। सफाई का खास खयाल रखें।
2. कूलर वगैरह का पानी वक्त पर बदलते रहें और कूलर साफ करें। जहां भी पानी इकट्ठा हो रहा हो उसमें मिट्टी का तेल डाल दें ताकि अंडे विकसित न हो सकें।
3. गमलों में भी पानी इकट्ठा न होने दें। मिट्टी नम रखें बाकी पानी गिरा दें।
4. बर्तन धोने वाली जगह पर भी पानी न इकट्ठा होने दें। हो सके तो बर्तनों को उलटा करके रखें।
5. घर में मच्छर मारने के उपाय करें। नीम की पत्तियां जलाएं, मॉसक्वीटो रिपेलेंट लगाएं और मच्छरदानी लगाकर सोएं। बच्चों को भी पूरे कपड़े पहनाकर सुलाएं और दिन के वक्त खासकर मच्छर भगाने के इंतजाम रखें।
6. कपूर के धुएं से भी मच्छर भागते हैं, कपूर को दिये में रखकर जलाएं और हर कमरें धुआं करें। अगर घर में किसी को डेंगू हो गया हो तो विशेष ध्यान रखें।
A preterm labour is referred to a condition when the cervix opens up within 37 weeks of pregnancy. An ideal pregnancy lasts for a span of 40 weeks. If preterm labour is caused due to preterm contractions, the baby is born earlier. This results in serious health risks for the baby. At times it requires long intensive care for the baby to ensure no mental or physical damage happens in the long term.
What are the symptoms of pre-term labour?
While some women show evident signs of pre-term labour, some women present symptoms that are more subtle. Some unmistakable symptoms of pre-term labour include regular contractions, sense of tightness in the lower abdomen, vaginal discharge, diarrhoea, constant backache, bleeding from the vagina, watery discharge from the vagina, pain in the abdomen and abdominal cramps. One or more of these symptoms should be immediately reported to the doctor to negate the chances of any miscarriages or serious complications.
What are the risk factors?
While there are no proven risk factors of preterm labour, lots of factors have been tagged with a pre-term labour. Some of the notable ones include:
- Little pre-natal care
- Premature birth in previous pregnancies
- Giving birth to more than one baby at a time. This is especially applicable while giving birth to a triplet.
- A stressful event such as a personal loss or events related to extreme emotions
- Bleeding from the vagina during pregnancy
- Any infection of the genital tract
- Any complications related to the placenta, uterus and cervix
- Any birth defect related to the vagina
- Chronic health conditions such as diabetes or high blood pressure
- Putting on weight more than the recommended level
- An excess of amniotic fluid
- Consumption of illicit drugs or smoking at a heavy rate
- The shorter length of the cervix than the normal one
What are the complications involved?
Most common complication of preterm birth lungs is not well developed which can lead to respiratory distress in babies. Pre-term labour cannot be stopped with any medical procedures. If pre-term labour is caused due to smoking or an infection, the same can be addressed. Any pre-term labour that eventually leads to giving birth can confront with complications such as low weight, problems related to the vision of the baby, behavioural problems and learning disabilities.
Diagnosis and tests:
A doctor will closely monitor the symptoms a woman is facing. In the case of regular contraction, a close look at the cervix helps a doctor to decide the condition of a patient. To be assured a doctor might recommend a full pelvic exam, ultrasound test, uterine monitoring, and maturity of amniocentesis. A test of the vaginal secretion further gives the doctor enough evidence about the possibility of a pre-term labour.
As for any other medical system, homeopathy has its specific range and limitations. It is true that we cannot deal with all situations. Recognize the limitations of homeopathy. It will only strengthen you.
Homeopathy is not a ‘panacea’. Homeopath is not an ‘all-healer’. Homeopathy is a specialized branch of therapeutics with its specialized area of application. Homeopathy is a ‘method of treating diseases using molecular imprints forms of drugs’. Nothing more, nothing less.
We should be always conscious about our limitations in practicing homeopathy. Mainly, they belong to three classes:
Limitations of homeopathy-
a) Homeopathy cannot cure diseases arising from genetic abnormalities;
b) Homeopathy cannot cure diseases arising from primary nutritional deficiency;
c) Homeopathy cannot cure diseases that require mechanical interventions.
Limitations of individual homeopaths-
a) Limitations of knowledge;
b) Limitations of skills;
c) Limitations of experience in applying homeopathy.
3. Limitations related with our tools-
a) We have no any idea regarding what are the active principles of potentized drugs, or how they actually work;
b) There is no way to know whether medicines we use are genuine regarding its identity, purity or potency- we have to simply believe the labels;
c) We do not have exact knowledge about factors that deactivate or diminish the actions of potentized drugs, and hence we cannot take precautions against them.
Therapeutic range of homeopathy is limited to the treatment of diseases arising from molecular errors caused by exogenous or endogenous pathogenic molecules binding to various biological molecules and producing their inhibitions.
Molecular imprints contained in the potentized homeopathic preparations bind to ligands or biological molecules merely due to their complementary configurations without any charge affinity, whereas natural ligands bind to their biological target molecules in capacity of their appropriate spacial configurations as well as charge affinities. So, the bindings of molecular imprints with biological molecules or their ligands will be very temporary and cannot stay long. Such bindings of molecular imprints cannot replace the natural ligand-target interactions happening as part of vital processes.
Molecular imprints cannot compete with natural ligands in binding to their natural biological targets. Hence it is obvious that potentized homeopathic preparations cannot interfere in biological ‘ligand-target’ processes such as ‘substrate-enzyme’, ‘antigens-antibodies’, ‘signal-receptor’ etc. As such, chances of potentized homeopathic medicines acting as pathological agents are very rare even if used indiscriminately. Molecular imprints can interfere only in interactions between pathogenic molecules and biological molecules, as well as off-target bindings of ligands with biological molecules, where only configurational affinity is involved. Obviously, molecular imprints can act upon only the molecular blocks created by exogenous or endogenous foreign pathological molecules.
Exogenous pathogenic molecules may be coming from environment through food, water, air, drugs, toxins, alien proteins, infectious agents and the like. Endogenous pathogenic molecules may be off-target actions of metabolic byproducts, free radicals, various biological substrates and ligands, endocrine secretions, neuro transmitters, deformed proteins, antibodies (miasms), immune bodies etc etc.
Molecular imprints contained in potentized drugs selected as similimum can bind to these pathogenic molecules in capacity of their complementary conformational affinity and deactivate them, thereby removing the molecular inhibitions they produced.
When modern life supporting facilities are required, homeopath should refer the case to a modern hospital, instead of himself trying to use allopathic drugs. I had had many occasions when I had to consult allopaths for myself as well as my family members, when homeopathy did not help.
Same way, in many chronic cases where allopathy has nothing to do, homeopathy will solve the problem like a magic wand. We should be well aware of the strengths and limitations of homeopathy.
Surgery is another specialization, which should be done by surgeons- not homeopaths. Even in modern medicine, a medical specialist will not do surgery. He will send his patients to surgeons, when surgery is required. A cardiologist will not do surgery, but send his patient to a cardiac surgeon. An interventional cardiologist will not do a bye-pass surgery. Every specialization has its special field, and its limitations.
Potentized homeopathic drugs cannot be produce anaesthesia.
Potentized drugs cannot prevent pregnancy or cause abortion. It is ridiculous to talk about 'homeopathic' contraceptives. CONCEPTION and PREGNANCY are natural PHYSIOLOGICAL processes. Molecular imprints contained in potentized drugs cannot prevent normal interactions between biological molecules and their natural ligands.
Even though potentized drugs can provide short term prophylaxis during epidemics and in acute infectious diseases, but cannot be used for life long immunizations, as molecular imprints get deactivated within our body with in a short period.
Diseases arising from ‘inherited’ genetic abnormalities cannot be cured by homeopathy. Diseases caused by ‘new mutations or changes to the DNA’ could be ‘prevented’, cured, or at least ‘relieved’ by homeopathic treatment. Potentized drugs cannot create epigenetic errors, but can prevent it, and deal with pathologies arising from epigenetic causes.
A ‘genetic disorder’ is an illness caused by abnormalities in genes or chromosomes, especially a condition that is present from before birth. Most genetic disorders are quite rare and affect one person in every several thousands or millions.
A ‘genetic disorder’ may or may not be a heritable disorder. Some genetic disorders are passed down from the parents’ genes, but others are always or almost always caused by new mutations or changes to the DNA. In other cases, the same disease, such as some forms of cancer, may be caused by an inherited genetic condition in some people, by new mutations in other people, and by nongenetic causes in still other people.
At the same time, these molecular imprints can effectively deal with the pathogenic actions of deformed proteins that may result from genetic errors, thereby preventing them from creating cascading of pathological molecular blocks at various targets. As such, homeopathic medicines can play a great role even in the treatment of certain diseases of genetic origin, at least as palliatives.
Moreover, potentized homeopathic medicines can safeguard genetic material from dangerous mutations that may be caused the by inhibitory actions of endogenous or exogenous pathogenicl agents such as toxic drugs, heavy metals, super-oxides etc., on enzymes related with nucleic acid synthesis and genetic expressions.
In any genetic disorder, there would be a cascading of molecular errors, which are caused by the absence or abnormalities of some essential proteins or enzymes. Secondary diseases arising from such cascading actions resulting from genetic disorders could be treated by homeopathy, even though the basic abnormality of genes will remain untouched by such a treatment. We can say, we cannot cure genetic disorders, but can give relief to many complaints associated with such disorders.
Potentized drugs are effective in treating various 'injuries' and their after-effects. A physical INJURY means a DAMAGE to any tissue. It may be burns, scalds, sprains, strains, fractures, cuts, contusions, bruises, abrasions etc etc. BURNS may be caused by chemicals, heat, radiations or many factors.
In any injury, there is DAMAGE to tissues. CELLS are damaged, resulting in release of of various catecholamines, cytokines, histamines and various CHEMICAL MOLECULES that initiate INFLAMMATORY processes, depending upon the nature of injury and the tissue affected. Various normal conversions and transportation of metabolites are obstructed, and they accumulate in various locations where they inhibit other biological molecules. PAIN, BURNING, SWELLING, NUMBNESS- all abnormal sensations are the effects of INHIBITIONS these ENDOGENOUS molecules produce in different biochemical pathways.
NO doubt, INJURIES are associated with MOLECULAR ERRORS. There cannot be an injury without any molecular error.
Regarding MENTAL or EMOTIONAL injury, they are molecular level errors produced by various ENDOGENOUS neurochemicals released in excess into the brain, by the action of various PHYSICAL influences such as auditory, tactile, visual, or olfactory stimuli.
My girlfriend is urging me to have sex with her (she trusts me very much and I love her so much too). But she is only 15 years old. And I'm 20 years old. Now if I refuse to have sex with her, she will certainly get hurt and also she will think I'm gay. So finally I've decided to do the same with her in safe mode. Now my question is will it harmful for her as she is too young? And if not I want to know the safest way of not getting pregnant.
I'm 23 n unmarried. I had my period on 3rd July then on 4th aug. I had unprotected sex on 16th August and withdrawal method was used. I have still not got my period till today 8th sept. I tested for it today but it came negative. Can I be pregnant? I also am having some gastric problem and strong nausea since last week. Can this delay my periods? I am already taking pantop 40 and norfloxacin. What could it be?
I have irregularities in periods, what is the treatment for it? Please suggest some helpful tips for stomach pain also?
I had sex with my bf on February 8th. Within few hours I took an I pill. I started bleeding lightly the next day and bled heavily between 12 and 16th of the same month. I had sex with my boyfriend again, a day after the bleeding stopped. I did not take a pill this time. The bleeding occurred a week before my period. I haven't bled since then. My period is really late and I took a home pregnancy test which turned out to be negative. I took two quantitative bhcg tests. Both showed my bhcg levels under 1.5. I feel really bloated and I have been belching a lot. Is it possible that I might be pregnant? I took the last test on April 4.
My wife is having dark circles on eyes from starting (from the starting of periods). Pls suggest something for permanent relief. She had taken many medicines but not feel any change till date even after peeling also. Before her first period the circles was very light but turned darker after that and till now. She used to take good diet like fruits and vegetables.
Hi I got my last period on 23/2/16 which was delayed and we consulted a Dr. and she asked us to maintain relationship from 14th day to 20th on alternate days. Bt we had maintained relationship from 14th day to 27th daybi was expecting pregnancy but it failed and I got my period on 24/3/16. Pls advise why it happened?
Is it normal to have twice periods in a month post delivery. My baby is now 4 months old and since last two months I am getting periods twice a month. Is it normal?
Menopause is characterized as the absence of menstrual periods for 12 months. It is the time in a woman’s life when the ovaries stop functioning. The periods then stop forever. The normal period of menopause is 51 years of age, however, menopause may happen as ahead of schedule i.e. as early as 30s or as late as the 60s. There is no solid lab test to determine when a lady will encounter menopause. Here are a few ways in which menopause affects a woman’s body:
- Skin: Consequences of menopause include dryness, loss of flexibility, thinning of the skin and expanded wrinkling. These symptoms result in poor recovery from injuries, hair loss and pigmentary changes. Unwanted hair growth and acne may likewise happen. Wrinkling is caused by excessive smoking and sun exposure. One should stay away from smoking and sun exposure.
- Hair: Hormonal changes incorporate hirsutism (undesirable facial hair) or alopecia. Most ordinarily noted is the loss of scalp hair. Lower leg, pubic and axillary hair loss may also take place. Hirsutism is commonly noted on the face. Oral Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) may control facial hair in a few ladies. Medicines for expanded facial hair incorporate suing depilatory creams, delicate techniques for hair removal, laser treatment andante-testosterone medicines. Scalp alopecia might be treated with minoxidil.
- Teeth: Menopause has been a cause for various dental/oral issues, including dry mouth and desquamative gingivitis. IHRT might be of advantage as a consequence of the part it plays in influencing oral bone and preventing the loss of teeth. The impacts of HRT seem to incorporate a reduction in bleeding and enhancing the flow of saliva.
- Vulva and vagina: The genital tract is exceptionally dependent on estrogen and body changes during the menopausal time and post-menopause may incorporate vaginal and vulvar dryness. Vulval dryness may worsen other vulval skin conditions (e.g. dermatitis) bringing about aggravation. Staying away from cleansers and body washes on the vulva can dial down the aggravation and dryness. Contrasting options to cleanser incorporate sorbolene with glycerine or low-aggravation purifying balms and lotions.
- Bladder: Urinary frequency and cystitis are very common around the time of menopause. Local estrogen creams may enhance incontinence in the short term, however, don't seem to do as such after treatment is stopped. Treatment for incontinence includes physiotherapy and even surgery.
- Joints and muscles: Joint and muscle pain are regular symptoms during menopause. Exercise is vital to get rid of these side effects. Joint and muscle pain may improve with the utilization of HRT.
- Weight changes: Between ages 45 and 55, ladies will gain a large portion of a kilo a year. This weight gain cannot be blamed on menopause entirely. The changes in hormonal status are connected with expanded body and stomach fat. This weight addition is connected with increased cardiovascular and metabolic hazard and changes in quality of life and sexual functioning.
- Lifestyle measures: Your diet and eating routine need to be established to keep up a solid body weight and to have a healthy lifestyle.
Is cyst in both ovaries normal in 5 week 2 days of pregnancy. Or it can cause miscarriage? Does cyst go away by it's own or what should be done .Is there any harm to foetus.
Garlic can do wonders to your libido. Garlic has always been seen as a miracle herb that heals body organs. It normalizes the blood flow especially towards the penis. Many ancient civilizations have used garlic to increase and heal the sexuality. I have personally tried garlic and can vouch for its powers. It is not only good for vitality and little jhony it is also great for your general health.
How to Use:
You can eat three to four garlic cloves daily for a if you are having difficulty getting an erection. You can cut that down to three times a week after a month. that is if you start feeling better down there. you can also use grated garlic in your meat to get the desired result but raw garlic cloves work much better. Your breath will be awful but I am sure your partner won’t complain after your performance in bed.