Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. HemanthYour feedback matters!
Have removed two molars. Doctor suggest to implant teeth.What is the cost of implants , advantage and disadvantage ?
Here's the reason as to why you must brush and floss. At any given time, you will have 6 million bacteria living in your mouth.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? go ahead and share!
Hii, This Q. is for my Hubby. He is 29 years old. He has horizontal wisdom tooth covered with gums. Their is no pain in the tooth. Should he remove that tooth or not? Thanks & Regards Himani Kapoor
An obvious gap between the teeth may be caused due to a condition known as Diastema. This usually manifests as space between two teeth. This condition is caused due to a mismatch between the size of the bones in the jaw and the size of the teeth. This in turn, gives rise to extra space between the two teeth and may also lead to overcrowding of teeth in the mouth. The space usually occurs when the teeth are too small and the jaw is larger. Also, an oversized tissue known as the labial frenum can cause a gap between two teeth. Let us look at the ways in which this condition can be prevented and treated.
1. Prevention: Not pushing your tongue between the teeth during the teeth growing stage can ensure that this condition does not occur. Children tend to rub their tongue along the jawline when the teeth are growing, whether it is the milk teeth or the permanent ones. This can cause a gap. Also, maintaining good oral health and hygiene can help in preventing this condition. One must brush at least twice a day and floss regularly too, in order to ensure that the gap between the two teeth does not widen.
2. Orthodontic Treatment: Braces are one of the most common ways of fixing this problem. The orthodontic surgeon will usually install these braces, which will remain in the mouth of the patient for a year or more, depending on the severity of the condition. On a monthly basis, the braces will need to be tightened so that the jaw can facilitate the movement of the teeth to close the gap.
3. Tooth Extraction: In many cases, when the braces are installed, the doctor may also have to remove or extract teeth on the sides to make space for the teeth and their movement. This is usually done when there is a related ailment like overcrowding of the teeth.
4. Crowns and other Dental Installations: Crowns, veneers as well as bonding can help in cases where the lateral incisors may be smaller than what is normal. Also, dental implants or a bridge or even a partial denture may be required in cases where extensive dentistry will be called for.
5. Frenectomy: This surgery can help in closing the gap formed by a large labial frenum.
6. Gum Health: In case there is an infection or any other problem in the gums due to implants or braces, the gum health will have to treated and restored first and then the implants or braces can be reinstalled.
One should also wear retainers for a while after the gap has closed so that it does not appear again.
I can not enjoy ice cream or cold water from right side of my mouth. Did try sensodine and colgate pro relief past for sensitivitie. With no success. Please Advise. Thanks.
Sir I have mouth ulcer problem every month I have this problem I have consult to many doctor but it doesn't work. I have taken Cortimax tablet.
Sir, I am 54 and strong. However, my teeth are becoming very sensitive to cold-drinks and weak to bite hard stuff like bones, etc. Kindly advice.
Sir I hv done my teeth scaling and polishing. Wt the procedure to maintain the cleanness so dat no more scaling needed in future?
In night teeth was sounding abnormally he is sleeping but his teeth was making noise he is eating more food but it doesn't work he is lazy and his age is 24.
The toothbrush is an important usable cleaning instrument, which we use regularly. Most people start their morning with the use of a toothbrush. It is not confirmed when the first toothbrush was invented, however it is supposed that around 3000 BC the first toothbrush came up in the form of a chew stick, which was used by ancient civilians. It was in the shape of a slim stick with a frayed end. Another early form of toothbrush was the bristle toothbrush. It was similar to what we use today, but this toothbrush was made up of solid hog's hairs connected to a handle made of bamboo or bone. The nylon-bristled toothbrush was introduced in 1938, and was rapidly accepted due to its good oral hygiene quality.
A revolution came in the market of America with the origin of electric toothbrushes in 1960. These toothbrushes were sold and produced on a mass level throughout the country.
Initially, the electronic toothbrush along with charger was invented in 1939 in Switzerland, but it did not come out in the open market until 1960. It was in 1961 when the company 'General Electric' came up with the rechargeable cordless toothbrush. The first rotary toothbrush, called the 'Interplak' became available to the general public in 1987. It was available in different models and varieties. It was believed that the Interplak was capable to eliminate plaque, and could prevent gingival bleeding better than other manual toothbrushes.
Nowadays, a number of varieties of toothbrushes can be found in the market at a large scale. Toothbrushes are used with fluoride for cleaning. Generally, dentists recommend the use of soft toothbrushes because hard toothbrushes can cause damage to your teeth. Soft bristles are also considered good at eliminating plaque and debris from the teeth. Besides this, dentists recommend the use of a small-handled toothbrush, as it can reach easily at each and every corner of your mouth. Toothbrushes are generally made of synthetic materials.
As there is such a wide variety of toothbrushes available today, this can create confusion for you when buying. Therefore it is necessary to consider that what kind of toothbrush will best suit your teeth. As an alternative, you can also use a powered toothbrush for cleaning your teeth, especially if you experience difficulties during brushing. You should replace your toothbrush within three months.
It is important that you are using a good quality toothbrush and changing it frequently. Undoubtedly, you would not like to have any diseases in your teeth, so by brushing regularly you can maintain healthy teeth as well as an attractive smile.