Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
I want to change my front tooth which is half gone. Just suggest me to what kind of tooth I have to look out for.
I have pain at my right side upper jaw one black dot has formed in my jaw teeth. Please tell me what should i do?
My front upper 2 teeth are bigger than others and one tooth broken at lower edge corner its not good looking am 23 years old. plz suggest me to smile GOOD
The outermost layer of the tooth is an 'enamel' which is NOT a living tissue and therefore it can’t repair itself. That's something your dentist has to struggle with!
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and click on 'Share'.
approached Clove Dental for complaint of toothache in 4, 5 on the upper right teeth. They suggested RCT in both which has been done 4 times in each tooth. Now with and without the caps, the pain has increased. After so much efforts to continuously inform my increasing discomfort to Clove, they have asked me to get the CBCT done of the RCT treated teeth. Is it advisable n clinically necessary? Please do note that any x-rays or clinical history is unavailable as it was done at a private clinic. Also, the consultations undertaken were with the private practising Dentists, hence no documentation is available. I in no way want to retry RCT again for this teeth. It has repeatedly failed and added lots of unwanted harassment and increased discomfort and stress levels. Is CBCT required and clinically needed for further diagnosis?
I have some dental problem that is my teeth is not white. please tell me the way to clean the teeth.
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.
Since last few days I am having ache in my jaws. This happens only when in open it wide (while eating a big bite or yawning), otherwise there is no such feeling. Pl help.
Sir, One of my daughter's theeths(2) front side are long and tapper, the cutting facility of teeth and re-arrange them, how much cost comes. Please tell a approx and then we come to visit you.
Hello Dr. saab last kafi tym se almost last manth se muh me chhale ho rhe hai. Muh ke andar ka hissa aur gale tak bilkul paka hua hai lal .medicine lene kuch dino k thik ho jata hai 2 ya 3 din baad fir se ho jaate hai. Tounge me itna nahi chhala but andar ki taraf jahn se niglte hai khana wo area jyada paka hua hai. Thanks.
I am suffering from gum bleeding since last three months. And also badbreath problem suffering me a lot. So kindly suggest me about the treament.
Snacking and intake of carbonated drinks and packed fruit juices have high acid content.... if you cannot stay away from them
Then brush after every meal..