Find numerous Neurologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Assistive Walking Device Training
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Brain Suite Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Cerebral Vascular Surgery
Csf Rhinorrhoea Repair Procedure
Decompression Microvascular Surgery
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Submit a review for Dr. Harirama K AcharyaYour feedback matters!
I have Juvenile Myoclonic Epilepsy. I want to drink beer but doctor said alcohol intake can trigger the myoclonic jerks. Is that true? Can't I drink alcohol?
I am a medical student my friend asked me about his problem that he has been masturbation since seven years from the past three months while masturbation he is having some pain in his right leg and sometimes hand he has a fear that he will get nervous weakness and paralysis. Can you help me to treat him.
I have been operated for slip disc a year ago and am not able to move without support since. I have numbness in right foot and all along left part of that leg. Now there I feel a lot of pressure followed by heat in that foot often and it also gets swelling. Pls advise.
Am suffering from migraine almost 5 years onwards .I can't eat anything n am not able stand at least 5 mins under sunlight.
Diabetes is a group of metabolic disorder in which the blood glucose level remains persistently high and requires lifelong medications, diet control and several other factors to maintain it in the normal level. Person having diabetes commonly end up with a serious complication called as ‘diabetic neuropathy’. It is also referred as peripheral neuropathy in which the peripheral nerves which are responsible for caring the impulse towards and away from the brain get affected. The symptoms may vary depending upon the type of nerve that gets affected but most commonly people may experience pain, numbness and tingling sensation over the arms and lower extremities.
The most important thing to be done in curing diabetic neuropathy is to maintain the blood sugar level to normal always with proper medication, diet and adequate physical exercises. Ayurveda uses few precious herbs to cure diabetic neuropathy, which are identified by our ancestors before many decades. Some of the herbs are:
- Ashwagandha which is also referred as Indian Ginseng is the best herb which has many medicinal effects and mainly used for ailing the disorders of nervous system. This herb acts on the nerves and also improves the strength and physical stamina. It also used for relieving the pain over the calf muscles, loss of weight because of diabetes, neuropathy, stress, frequent urination and nerve exhaustions.
- Manjishtha is an herb used in Ayurveda as a treatment for several diabetic complications. It treats not diabetic neuropathy, but also cures diabetic nephropathy and retinopathy. It acts as a best remedy for several chronic infections and inflammations. It has been noted that it has a calming effect on the nervous system thus it can also be used for the treatment of epilepsy.
Ayurvedic treatment for diabetic neuropathy
- Abhyangam, in which the whole body is massaged gently with the medicated oil to improve the circulation of blood, causes nerve stimulation effect and also relieves stress. They concentrate mainly on the foot (Padabhyanga) which is commonly affected in neuropathy.
- Sirodhara deep relaxation and revitalisation of the central nervous system which is found to get affected in neuropathy.
- Ksheeradhoomam, it is a process done for the problems of nervous system and other neck problems by applying special type of medicated steaming.
I have been suffering from severe migraine and vomiting since last 1 month. Is it a symptom of migraine or something else?
The Indian government only recognized autism in 2001. Till the 1980s, there were reports that the disorder didn't exist in India. Experts worldwide have estimated that 2-6 children out of every 1000 have autism. In India, currently, 10 million people are suffering.
Autism is a complex developmental disability which starts presenting itself in the first 3 years of a child's life. It is a result of a neurological disorder which affects the normal brain functions of a child, thus eventually affecting their communication (verbal as well as non-verbal) and social skills.
Keep in mind that different children behave differently due to autism; no two children will ever have the exact symptoms. Some may experience mild symptoms while others may experience severe ones.
Social skills: an autistic child will interact in a very different way. If the symptoms in the child are mild, then such people are socially clumsy and awkward, may pass comments which seem offensive to others and may or may not be out of sync with other people of their age group. For those suffering from severe symptoms, they show absolutely no interest in people whatsoever.
Autistic children also find it extremely hard to understand the feelings and emotions of others.
Touch: children with autism have shown dislike to physical contact like being touched, cuddled, hugged etc. However, this is not true for everybody. Many will sometimes hug a parent or a friend, and enjoy that moment of contact greatly.
For children with autism, their social and communicative skills lag behind while their cognitive skills develop quickly enough. Similarly, their language skills might develop rapidly while their motor skills lag behind. For example, they may not be very good at sports, but their vocabulary would be the largest in their age group.