Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Hari PrasadYour feedback matters!
According to my dr, My mom need teeth replacement fir front side lower teeth, due to some problem. My dentist advised to do bridge type implantation (two teeth between two no. Of caps both sides). I want to know is it reliable for life time? If No. Thn what period of time can this im.
Tooth loss occurs due to various reasons decay and infection, fracture, accidents, gum disease, to name a few. Tooth loss has a negative impact on various aspects facial appearance, chewing efficiency, and overall nutrition. The attempts to restore the lost tooth have led to various advancements from removable dentures to cast partial dentures to fixed dentures to implants.
Listed below are features (covering advantages and disadvantages) of both dentures (fixed and removable) and implants. While dentures can be complete or partial, implants are more often partial, of course can be used to replace multiple teeth. A detailed discussion with your dentist along with oral and radiographic examination will help in making a decision.
Replaces tooth but more for cosmetic reasons than function.
Poor chewing efficiency.
Useful when multiple teeth are to be replaced, especially when no adjacent teeth are available for support.
If good bone support is not available, retention is an issue.
Not very healthy for the underlying jaw bone and adjacent gums.
Requires daily and routine maintenance.
Also called as bridges, as the artificial replaced tooth is a bridge between two natural teeth.
Requires removal of sound tooth structure as abutment (support). This is the major disadvantage with fixed dentures, which promoted further work from the dentists, ending up with discovery of implants.
Promotes tooth decay in the adjacent teeth.
Good support, so retention is not an issue.
Not as harmful to the underlying jaw bone as removable denture.
Requires maintenance but not like the removable denture.
Expensive compared to removable dentures.
Replacing a bridge also means the adjacent healthy teeth are affected.
Very good replacement alternative, replaces not just the crown structure but also the root structure.
An excellent option when the jaw bones and gums are extremely in good condition.
Almost natural restoration of both chewing efficiency and facial appearance, the person can eat almost anything.
Not as harmful on the gums like dentures.
Does not cause bone loss like dentures.
Can be used to replace single or multiple teeth, where multiple implants are placed and a bridge is placed over them.
The titanium screws that are used fuse with the jaw bone over a period of time.
The titanium is also biocompatible, thereby reducing chances of allergy.
Implants are expensive, and many insurance companies may not cover them.
If properly fabricated and maintained well, then it can last for decades.
The decision to go for a denture or for an implant should be decided based on a detailed evaluation of overall health and if required radiographic examination. Both dentures and implants have advantages and disadvantages, and the dentist will help make the right choice. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specilized dentist and ask a free question.
I hav sensitive teeth, and this issue was prevailing 1 years back and I visited the dentist she suggested me with toothpaste - Vantej and mouth wash and a tab the same issue is recurring now I got the toothpaste, which tab yo be taken and mouth wash is suggestible. Was brushing only once in morning need help.
I am 60 years lady. I have a sever sour problem in my mouth. It is very reddish and not able to eat any thing hot or spicy. From the last 1 year I am taking many medicines, but there is no improvement. Can you please suggest what is the problem or pl suggest any doctor for the same.
Hi, My baby is 1 year and 8 months. She has got almost 20 teeth. Should we start brushing here teeth with tooth paste because we can see the color of the teeth getting yellow?
Hello doctor I am 24 year old I have a bad habit of chewing tobacco due to which I have a problem of opening mouth in medical term (oral submucous fibrosis). Can you suggest me something what I should do or any exercise rather than going to any clinic.
There is a yellow spots in my teeth. I clean everyday but it remains. What should I do? I don't consume any tobacco or anything else which degrades teeth.
Toothache is one of the common ailments that occur frequently to individuals of all ages. Tooth pain ranges from mild to severe and can be caused by a wide variety of factors pertaining to oral health and dental decay. The pain hightens during or post the consumption of food items that are either too hot or too cold as the tooth becomes increasingly sensitive to changes in temperature.
In Ayurveda, tooth pains are known as daantshool. Ayurveda can provide an effective remedy to tooth pains both chronic and acute. Ayurvedic treatment provides relief from the pain by dealing with the root cause of the problem in a natural and holistic manner without any side effect. It also eliminates the chances of any relapse.
Some of the most common and effective Ayurvedic remedies for sharp tooth pain are as follows:
- Garlic and clove oil: Ayurvedic plants such as garlic and clove are known all over the world for their medicinal properties and healing qualities. Clove oil and garlic can be applied to the affected area of the teeth to ease the pain and improve dental health. This remedy will surely show benefits in the form of stronger teeth that are free of any pain.
- Lime and asafoetida: The vitamin C content in citrus fruits is an effective disinfectant that heals teeth which experience sensitivity due to decay and the formation of cavities. Limes can cure sharp tooth pains as well as bleeding gums and loose teeth. A mixture of asafoetida, also known as hing, and lime juice should be slightly heated and applied on the affected for pain relief.
- Neem and babool: Extracts of neem and babool are well known for their ability to heal tooth pains and related oral problems. These Ayurvedic herbs are good anti septic disinfectants that remove dental decay and provide relief from pain by healing and strengthening the teeth and gums.
- Pepper and rock salt: Pepper, known as maricha in Ayurveda, is highly effective in treating sensitive teeth. When pepper dust is mixed with rock salt and applied on the aching tooth, it alleviates the pain and reduces sensitivity. This mixture will improve oral health and hygiene and it can also be used along with clove oil.
- Bayberry bark: The bark of the bayberry tree is a useful Ayurvedic remedy for treating tooth pains. A paste made from the bark and a vinegar base can be applied on the tooth for getting relief from the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.