Find numerous General Surgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. H.R. RavishankarYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old my skin is sam.I want to glow up my skin please give me suggestion which creme use and near my sam small hairs are their,which cream I should use.
Colorectal surgery deals with the disorders of the rectum, anus and colon. Another name of colon is ‘large intestine’. These three body parts form the last stages of the digestive process. When the human waste passes through the colon, its salt and water are extracted before it exits the body as human excreta.
- Swelling and inflammation of the veins in the anus (also called as Haemorrhoids)
- Anal fissures- unnatural cracks and fissures in the anal area
- Fistulas or the unnatural connections between the anus and other anorectal areas
- Conditions of constipation
- Incontinence in passing of faeces
- When the walls of the rectum protrude through the anus- also called as Rectal prolapse
- Birth defects such as imperforate anus
- Anal cancer- this condition is rare
- Colorectal cancer- cancer of colon and rectum
- Any injuries to the anus
- Removal of any objects inserted into the anus
Bowel habits after colorectal surgery
Many patients report cases of diarrhoea, leakage of stool or gas, urgency to use the toilet and a feeling of insufficient evacuation of faeces. Relax; these conditions are not going to last forever. Your rectum and anus are adjusting to new conditions after this surgery. These organs may take six to twelve months to adjust to new bowel habits.
Is there a need to take a laxative or stool softener?
There is no need to take laxatives after a colorectal surgery. Drink lots of water to make your stool softer and easy to pass. If there is a water deficiency in your body, then it may lead to your faeces becoming hard. In that case, take milk of magnesium, colace etc.
Activities post surgery
You can continue with your normal schedule after this surgical procedure. Carry on running, jogging, exercising, climbing up the stairs etc. even after your surgery. Gastroenterologists recommend that patients should desist from lifting loads weighing more than 10 pounds so that there are no post surgery complications.
Diet after colorectal surgery
Avoid spicy and heavy to digest meals after your surgery. Once the intestines begin working normally, you can continue having your spicy food. Chew your food well to aid its digestion.
Returning to work after colorectal surgery
Most people are back to their work after taking a break of 2-5 days. If the surgery is pretty detailed, you may have to take a break of up to a month. Patients undergoing laparoscopic surgery may have to take a rest of 2- 4 weeks before they report back to work. Take it easy before slipping into your regular schedule. If working hurts after your surgery, don’t do it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.
How to make my skin colour brighter. Suggest some things that I must do to make my skin colour brighter.
Hello my name is Babita and I am 23 years old, I am having tanning problem in my face. What I can do for it and what is best for me chemical peeling or facial.
5 Ways to prevent skin conditions in athletes
Given their nature of work, athletes are at an increased risk of acquiring skin infections. These infections can lead to serious consequences if they are left untreated.
Here are 5 ways in which skin conditions in athletes can be prevented.
1. Keeping the bruises clean and covered - It is important for you to keep the cuts and scrapes clean as well as covered with bandages until they heal because such openings in the skin weaken its defence against germs and increase the possibility of infections.
2. Taking care of the blisters - Make sure that you prevent blisters as much as you can because they make your skin susceptible to infections. Use gels, sprays, ice pads etc. and try to avoid getting sunburnt to prevent dangerous skin conditions.
3. Be mindful of what you wear - It is important for athletes to wear moisture-wicking clothes because sweat, if not made to dry, can lead to growth of germs that can cause a number of skin diseases and infections. Also, not wearing foot wear outside the field can lead to infections on the feet.
4. Maintaining good hygiene - Take a shower after every practice session and game using an antimicrobial soap. Besides, use a clean towel and avoid sharing your personal care items like razor, soap etc. with other athletes. This is extremely important in order to reduce the risk of bacterial infection.
5. Disinfect all your equipment and go for skin checkups - Make sure that you disinfect all your equipment like the protective gear, gloves, socks etc. after every use. Also, get regular skin checkups done, especially if you are associated with high-risk sports like wrestling, boxing etc. There is an increased possibility of skin injuries, sores, swelling etc. in athletes associated with such sports, which exposes them to a greater risk of skin conditions. So, disinfection and clinical checkups on a regular basis become all the more important for them. Ensure that you never use sandpaper or bleach simply to pass a skin check up.
Related Tip: Quickie Home Remedies for Skin Allergies
I have eI have a bird in my home. The bird bite me today between nail and skin in the smallest finger of my right hand. One drop blood comes from the skin. I washed my skin with liquid dettol hand wash and applied antiseptic dettol with cotton on the skin Is this enough or should I do anything else. I have a bird in my home The bird bite me today between nail and skin in the smallest finger of my right hand.
My lips were very red and after getting married my bottom lips became dark and its very annoying, consulted a doctor who asked me have some vitamin tablets and a cream called tosti oral gel and so many other medicine but nothing worked all I need is red please refer me good cream so that I can have red lips as I had.
Things to Consider while Choosing Soaps
To keep your skin clean & healthy, cleaning is the most important step to be taken; cleansing removes dirt, sweat, sebum, microorganisms, dead cells and cosmetics too from your skin surface. For the skin to look healthy and glowing, its uppermost layer (called stratum corneum )should contain more than 10 % of the total water content of the body. But due to several reasons the water content will be reduced from this layer. And we already know that Soaps and cleansers are the most used essentials for skin hygiene. But while choosing one, have you ever thought if it provides you the benefits that it’s actually supposed to?
There are three factors to be considered in soaps; the pH content, tallow content and the irritable score of the soap.
Most of soaps are alkaline in nature; however, lesser the alkalinity , milder the soap . Normal pH of the skin is 4.5 to 5.5. This acidic pH changes to alkaline due to application of soap if their ph is above 7.Many a times to make the soaps neutral, certain emulsifiers are added, which cleanse and do little damage to the skin. Deodorant or anti-microbicidal bars have added anti-bacterial agent to eradicate bacteria. These soaps have a pH range of 9 to 10 and may cause skin irritation. Soaps with a moisturizing base contains agents like lanolin or glycerine. Their pH range is five to seven, thus they are non-irritant and good for dry skin. Soap free soaps have synthetic detergent as their base and are preferred for sensitive skin. An important point is that no soap is safe for the skin throughout one’s life. As one keeps growing older, the skin also changes its texture. Hence you must also keep changing the soap used to keep pace with the changing nature of the skin.
Lipid free cleansers or face washes contain water, glycerine and acetyl alcohol and do not contain any fat. They clean without soap formation and leave a thin moisturizing film. They are good for sensitive and photo aged skin. Cleansing creams are oil-based products, which remove grease and cosmetics from your outer skin by dissolving it in more oil; preferably good for dry skin. Cleansing lotions are water-based products that are good for normal and dry skin. Since it’s water based, it can be easily rinsed with water and is commonly sold as pore cleanser. Abrasive scrubs aid in removing dead cells and control excess sebum secretion. They are mechanical exfoliates made of granules in form of aluminium oxide, ground fruit pits etc.
Cosmetology in Ayurveda
Cosmetology includes the treatment of skin, hair and nails.
Ayurvedic cosmetology specialises in the field of natural principle and it is ideal for modern demands. Plant extracts and natural substances have been formulated into cosmetic products according to ayurvedic system one of the major benefit is that biologically active ingredients are easily absorbed into the deeper layer of the skin and influence it at the cellular level.
The human body responds extremely well to natural substances, while it has an in-built resistance to synthetic ones.
Beauty enhancement by ayurveda:
In ayurveda dinacharya and ritucharya are explained in the context of preservation of health and promotion of beautification aspect. The procedures like.
-Karnaabhyanga / karnapoorna , lepanam
-Aaschyotana and tarpana karma
Are described elaborately for health preservation & beauty enhancement. An ideal ayuredic strategy for achieving complete beauty care and prevention of ageing is as follow:
The patient should be thoroughly examined and 'Prakriti' should be evaluated so that the appropriate treatment can be planned. The therapy can be planned by shodhana (detoxification) and by shamana (pacification).
Shodhana(detoxification) : to remove the accumulated toxins in the body. Ritu anusara shodhana karma should be performed. To begin with, the person is given medicated ghe internally till the samyak sneha lakshana appear in the body
After ghritapana, abhayanga and swedana karma should be performed. The patient is than subjected for the specific shodhana karma.
Shamana (pacification): Useful drugs are chandanasavam.saribadyasavam.
Care of the Skin:Twacha is the term for skin in ayurveda.Skin is a cover of the exposed parts of the body. The sense of touch spreads over the entire body through skin. As ayurveda believes that all living beings have the panchamahabhoota as it is components, same is for the skin. It is the seat of sparshana indriya. Skin is also the dwelling of bhrajaka pitta and regulates the temperature of the living body and absorbs all local medicinal application.
In charaka samahita,the charaka state medicinal plants in 'Varnaya mahakashaya'. used to obtain glowing complexion. The herbs mentioned in Varnaya Mahakashaya are -
9. Seta(shweta durva)
10. Lata(shyama durva)
In sushruta samahita 'Eladi gana' contains -Ela.Tagara,kushtha,jatamansi,tavaka,dhamamaka,patra,nagkeshra,priyangu,harenuka,vyaghranakha,shukti,stouneyaka,choraka,shriveshata,khus,guggul,sarjarasa,turushka,kundaru,agaru,ushira,devdaru,keshra and padamakeshra.All these herbs can eliminate toxins from the body, clear the complexion that leads to a glow on the skin and alleviates kushta and boils. Before choosing any ayurvedic beauty care method, it is important to know about the body constitution (Prakariti) and the basic types of skin. Three basic type are based on the doshas Vata,pitta,kapha.
Care of the Hair :
Hair is also a part of beauty of the human beings.a hair consist of a root( the part implanted in the skin) and a shaft (portion projecting from the surface)
Ayurvedic aspect of hair:
The hair (kasha) is the waste of asthi dhatu. Hence, anything detrimental to ashthi dhatu will be harmful to the hair. Depletion of ashthi dhatu causes hair loss.
The health of hair depends on the health of the bones and skin.
The nourishment of hair depends entirely upon the rasa dhatu.Dearrangement of rasa dhatu causes hair fall and premature greying .So health of hair depends upon rasa and ashthi dhatus and on all the three doshas.
Herbs for hair care:
-Bibhitaka: The seed oil of bibhitaka prevents premature greying of hair.
-Brahmi : Sesame oil enhanced with brahmi ,kulanjana and vacha is very useful for promoting hair growth and prevents the hair fall.
-Bhringraja: The fresh juice blackens the hair. It is the best natural hair dye. The fresh juice of the leaves or sesame oil enhanced with it is useful in promoting growth of hair.
-Shankhapushpi: Its oil prevents the hair fall and premature greying of hair.
-Tila (sesame): Prepare the decoction of its roots and leaves .give hairs wash with it. It promotes the hair growth, blacken them and gives a silky texture.
-Yashtimadhu: Sesame oil enhanced with liquorice and amalaki prevents the hair fall .In charaka the term 'keshya' is used for liquorice.
-Madayantika(Mehndi): Henna is mainly used as a colouring agent. It is mixed with other natural dyes, and largely used as hair dye.
-Methika : A paste of its leaves applied over the scalp regularly before taking bath help hair grow and keep them silky.
-Narikel : Daily massage the scalp with coconut oil. It promotes the hair growth and prevents the hair fall.
Natural hair cleanser
Take amla, shikakai and reetha seeds in an iron pan and soak them in water for a night. Mash them and wash hair with this water.
Hi there this is harish now I am suffering with pimples scars on both side of cheeks and on nose also tell me how to cue black scars and dark patches in cheeks is there any creams to cure that but it should not give any side effects.
Approximately 60% of the human body consists of water. It is one of the most important components that help in the process of digestion, blood circulation, mineral absorption and even excretion, ensuring smooth functioning of your system. A mere drop in the water content of your body can lead to dehydration, which can affect your body in more than one ways. Dehydration can also take a toll on your skin leaving it dry and lifeless. In order to ensure the health of your skin, it is highly recommended to keep your system hydrated.
How drinking water affects the skin?
- Keeps skin soft: Skin is made up of 3 layers namely, epidermis, dermis and subcutaneous tissue. When the water content of the outermost layer of the epidermis is insufficient, your skin tends to lose elasticity and feel rough. Intake of adequate water hydrates the skin cells and makes them function properly, making your skin soft and supple.
- Moisturizes dry skin and lessens the appearance of wrinkles: Insufficient intake of water makes your skin appear dry and flaky; such a skin is more prone to wrinkling. When you drink sufficient water your skin cells hydrate from within. Hydrated skin is resilient in nature and therefore, it has less chance of suffering from premature wrinkling.
- Improves skin tone: Water is known for its abilities to flush out toxins from your system and for maintaining the proper functioning of your kidneys. Sufficient intake of water ensures that harmful toxins and impurities are regularly flushed out of your system, thereby, adding a healthy glow to your skin.
- Makes your skin appear younger: It is advised to drink minimum 8 glasses of water a day to keep your body hydrated. The condition of your health can be analyzed from the condition of your skin, as a body that is hydrated well, makes your skin appear healthy too.
- Get rid of dark circles: The problem of dark circles arise over the years due to the damage of the capillaries under the eyes. The skin around the eyes is thinner than facial skin, which hinders the smooth flow of fluid through them. Plenty intake of water on a regular basis can reduce the appearance of dark circles dramatically, making your skin appear healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Age is really nothing, but a number. The best thing about age is to embrace it. However, not everybody can jovially accept the bodily changes that come with age, especially the wrinkles, the sagging skin and the not-so-wanted curves of the face. So are you tired of using a hundred different age-renewal creams?
Tired of all the false promises from brands claiming their products would turn back time? Tired of putting heavy makeup to hide those wrinkles? Guess what? There is a long-term solution to these problems. Consult an awesome cosmetic physician and get a facelift. Since this is a life-changing decision, you must know about the different types of facelifts to give you a proper idea about the whole thing before you contact a surgeon.
A surgical procedure that involves minimizing the various signs of ageing around the face and neck area is called a facelift, also known as rhytidectomy. There are numerous types of facelift surgeries, a few common ones are discussed below-
- The deep plane procedure: There is a layer beneath our skin known as the superficial musculoapnoneurotic system (SMAS). The muscles of facial expression are surrounded by this layer. The deep plane lift is the most commonly used face-lift technique and in this technique the SMAS is lifted, released and repositioned. After the repositioning of this layer, the loose, extra skin is removed and the edges of the layer are structured and stapled in place. This is by far the best voted technique and is known to give long lasting results with lesser number of revisions. The estimated cost of this procedure ranges from 5000 - 12000 dollars.
- The short scar lifts: This includes various types of facelift techniques, which involve minimal scar formation. The short scar lift techniques unlike the others do not extend beyond the ears. The surgeon can re-suspend all those tissues that support the smile-line and jowls, thereby, tightening a moderate amount of loose skin wherever required. The estimated cost of these types of procedures ranges between 6000-10000 dollars.
- FAT auto transfer?: In this technique, fat from the buttock/stomach/thigh area is collected by the process of liposuction and is then injected into the face to fill in the required areas. Price ranges from 5500-15000 dollars.
However, the most important part is to contact a certified cosmetic physician because as already discussed, this is a life changing decision, and one wrong move can cost you a lot.