Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
My mother has high blood pressure, please should she take regular medicines of Blood Pressure , or just when it is required. Her Blood Pressure is 160.please advice
Hi, I am 53 years old and having BP for last 10 years and Diabetic for last 6 yrs. Currently my fasting is 297/ PP is 402, and HBA1c is 10.2, Last almost 3 years my sugar has gone up drastically I am taking Azulix 2 MF thrice a day and Pinorm 20 in morning and cilaheart 10 at night with clopitab cv 10. Please advice how I can can notrol my sugar properly.
I have normal LFT KFT LIPID profile however I have HbA1C of 6.7 and high blood pressure of 88/146. My father was diabetic. Pl advise. Thanks Ajay.
I feel heart vein tightness .& little bit dizziness in mind for a long time 2-3 years already. What is the reason of that tightness & how to recover it although I do some simple exercise thrice a week too. Please.
I have never had any disease but yesterday I felt bit giddy. I checked my bp. It was 150/100 in right arm and 120/80 in another arm. I also felt palpitation. Now today I m bit better. Bp is now 130 /90 in right arm n 120/80 in left arm. I am studying most of the time. So I have a sedentary lifestyle. I dnt go for walk or exercise. I sit for most of the time. I m only 27 years old. What is the reason for this?
Have You Been Told to Reduce Your Salt Intake to Reduce Bp?
Yes, you must have been but you probably have not been told how to reduce salt intake the right way.
The fact is that when we eat too much salt (sodium), our bodies will hold on to more water. This increases the amount of blood flowing through our veins and arteries which increases blood pressure.
So How to Reduce Salt Intake Properly?
- Roughly 80% of the salt we eat is hiding in processed foods like bread, biscuits and breakfast cereals, and prepared ready meals or takeaways. Only 20% comes from the salt we add while cooking or at the table.
- Salt used in daily cooking is a must. It contains sodium which is needed to retain our body's water, enable our cell walls to draw in nutrients and most importantly control our heartbeat . Sodium is needed to maintain BP. So continue using table salt for cooking. Keep the biscuits, maggi and farsans out.
- Skip the salty snacks, baked goodies, and eat out less often.
- Choose to eat more fresh foods more often.
- Use the mineral rich 'kala namak' for one of the meals through the day. It is unprocessed and rich in iodine and also sodium, potassium, and iron.
Some Super Foods to Fight with Hypertension
-Banana alternate days
-Walnut 2 soaked with breakfast
-Spinach beetroot juice once in a day
-Poppy seed water early morning or 1 tsp. poppy seeds.
-Watermelon seeds with salad 1 tsp.
-2 garlic cloves