Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Guruprasad HosurkarYour feedback matters!
Iam 42, having numbness in toes, hot flashes in sole. Jest like I got burns on fair infact did not happened. Please suggest some solution. No local doctor able to help me
My mother is 55 and had knee pain from past few years. It has become quite worse now and she is in intense pain in one knee regularly and feels uneasy walking. She has some breathing trouble to accompany while walking and feels like her legs are weak or feels numbness sometimes. What could be the problem here? What can be done?
I am suffering from migraine head ache since 5years. I am taking treatment and using ZEROGRAIN tabs. Please give me some advice to avoid this.
Hi Doctor, My mom age is of 44, she have a nervous pain of past 15 years from backbone to left leg , what is the remedy and what kind of food she had to take ? Why it comes ?
Sleep apnea is a potentially dangerous sleep disorder in which you stop and start breathing frequently while you are sleeping. Symptoms of sleep apnea often include loud snoring and fatigue even if you sleep uninterrupted through the night. Obesity and age are the common risk factors of sleep apnea.
The most common type of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea, in which the throat muscles contract and relax while you are asleep. The other type of sleep apnea, called central sleep apnea, usually occurs in people who have been diagnosed with brain tumors, infections or heart failure, or have had a stroke.
Treatment of sleep apnea includes:
- CPAP: The Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) device is generally recommended in the treatment of sleep apnea. CPAP is a breathing machine that stops your airways from getting blocked when you are sleeping. The CPAP device is normally the size of a tissue box. It comes with a mask that you put over your mouth and nose. The machine attached to the mask pumps a continuous flow of air that keeps your airways clear as you sleep.
- BPAP: The Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BPAP) device is used as an alternative to the CPAP device, if you find it hard to adjust to the CPAP. If you have a weak pattern of breathing, the BPAP can be helpful.
- ASV: The Adaptive Servo-ventilation (ASV) device is used to treat both central and obstructive sleep apnea.
- Treatment for other medical conditions: Sometimes sleep apnea can be caused by underlying health conditions. Problems such as rhinitis (nasal passage inflammation) and hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland) can cause sleep apnea. In such cases, your doctor needs to diagnose these conditions first before treating your sleep apnea.
- Lifestyle changes: Excessive weight sometimes can cause sleep apnea; so losing excessive weight should be a priority. Also, alcohol and tobacco can contribute to your symptoms, so try avoiding those.
- Medication: Usually, doctors do not prescribe any medicine, since sedatives and sleeping pills actually worsen sleep apnea. But, in case of sleep apnea in children, doctors typically suggest intra nasal corticosteroid medicine to treat the symptoms.
- Surgery: Surgeries to increase the size of your airway or to remove your adenoids, tonsils or extra tissues in the rear of your throat or your nose can prove helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
When I yawning, I felt sudden numbness at right of my neck. And it's pains for 10sec. Why this is happened. Even I feel sudden. Numbness when I suppose to sit on bike / when I lift my leg to stretch. What is the reasons and solution for this.
My husband is 31yrs old & fours years back he met with an road accident & got head injury due to which his right side is paralyzed. Now he has recovered a little but cannot use his right hand for working & lack proper balance from right leg. physiotherapy & regular exercise is going on. I want to know if he will recover fully in future. His speech is also trembling.
I feeling numbness in my finger. Mainly when you woke up but also in other times. What is the cause?
My mom is suffered from osteoarthritis and Parkinson's disease from back 2 years and her both knee become bend and she can't walk and even can sit herself her both hand finger become stiff and her right hand wrist also bend. She is talking syndopa plus and rasalect as her main dose but there is no improvement in her condition. Is there any unani or ayurvedic doctor who can give me satisfactory suggestion about my mother and can treat her.
Sir, My Father is suffering from Paralysis since 2nd August-2015 in left side. He is 80 years old. He was hospitalized from 2nd August to 24th August-2015, as per doctor advise he can recover but till date his left side not working. Can he recover. Please tell me. He is also suffering from Bed Sore. What is the best treatment of Bedsores.
I am suffering from neurofibromatodis and affected area is my back portion and one or two on face. I want to know whether it can be cured or stopped further growth.
I am 18 yrs old and am suffering from migraine since past 3 yrs, I couldnt study and hang out due to this problem. Is ther any solution to get completely rid from this chronic migraine? If yes please do help me!
I have migration over two months how to solve it give precautions to overcome this problem its urgent sir.
Sometimes I feel that my hands and feet fall asleep I'm facing this problem from 4 5 months so I have take 4 vitcofol injection 2 cc alternative day but no effect Blood cbc panel uric acid blood sugar levels NCS VANES TEST ARE NORMAL.
I was washing clothes one day nd my legs were shivering. I do not knw why it happens. Is it weakness or any deficiency?
Hi i am suffering from PCOD AND MIgraine. M using rizact-10 from migraine. Should I take rizact or not.
My mother is 45 years old she got paralyzed last year on 1st jan. She is almost recovered but her fingers are still not responding. Please help!
A fifty-four years old Marwari patient from Assam presented with progressive jaundice and intermittent episodes of abdominal pain for three months. CT scan of abdomen showed a small (1.5 x 1.5 cm) mass in the bifurcation of common bile duct which is causing biliary tract obstruction and hence jaundice. Portal nodes were not enlarged and there was no lesion in the liver parenchyma. At presentation, serum bilirubin level was high (14.7 mg/dl). Endoscopic biopsy and brushing cytology was adenocarcinoma and clinic-radiological diagnosis was ‘Klatskin tumour’.
- Metallic stenting was done to relieve jaundice and after stenting serum bilirubin level came down rapidly. PET scan showed increased uptake in the biliary duct region mass without any sign of metastasis. He was evaluated and planned for treatment with robotic radiosurgery. He was treated using robotic radiosurgery (CyberKnife) with high precision radiotherapy technique after fiducial placement (gold seeds) near the tumour. After one year, the patient had no obvious complain, liver function (no jaundice) was normal and CT scan evaluation showed completed resolution of the mass.
- Klatskin tumour is an uncommon tumour that arises from the bifurcation of common bile duct in the abdomen (duct that drains bile from liver). Patients usually present with progressive (increasing) persistent jaundice followed by pain in the upper abdomen. Surgical excision is the mainstay of treatment. However, surgery is not possible in majority of the patients owing to the location of the tumour, high jaundice and medical condition. Chemotherapy may not be an optimal option in majority of the patients as they present with high jaundice. Majority of such patients with poor medical condition are treated with only supportive care and prognosis is dismal (survival for a few months only).
- Patients with metallic stent have relief from jaundice but unfortunately in a few weeks time, the stent gets blocked with tumour growth. Patients again present with high jaundice and have severely impaired quality of life. They complain of severe itching of entire body, loss of appetite and succumb due to impaired liver function from high jaundice/obstruction. The treatment is to have a longer ‘jaundice-free period’ which in turn improves quality of life and possibly survival function as well.
- Stereotactic body radiation therapy’s high dose radiation ‘sterilizes’ the metallic stent and bile duct region. It is assumed that with radiation therapy, blockage of bile duct and stent is delayed and patients have longer jaundice-free period.In Klatskin tumour, CyberKnife allows to deliver high dose of radiation in a short duration to the target without significant morbidity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.